Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why

Started by ace3g, Dec 20, 2012, 04:57:29 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why (Read 27,406 times)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: goneja on Dec 24, 2012, 02:08:44 AMThe sequel needs better writers, or Scott should be more hands on himself.

It certainly needs better writers but I am not sure whether having Scott more hands on is such a good idea.

Space Sweeper

Scott was anything but "hands-off" on Prometheus. Whether that's a good or bad thing depends on who you're asking.

SM

QuoteI just don't understand how such a young guy was given the reigns

Go check his credits.

fiveways

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 22, 2012, 03:10:14 PM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 22, 2012, 03:02:42 PM
No? Damn, I thought that was clever. :P

I liked it Chris, I liked it!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think Lindelof is great as an IDEAS man. But as a writer he is poor on the character/dialogue/plotting front.

The character of David that most seemed to enjoy seem to be most lindelof  doing.  Spaiht just had his as an awful Bond villain.  Plus, if anything the movie had just too many character to handle in the allotted screen time.  Someone will toss aliens back as a rebuttal but it is easier to characterize a bunch of military jocks spouting one liners then an entire crew of scientist with few military men among them because of the established military stereotypes (hard ass drill sgt, young leader type, the coward turned hero, etc).

jeffchow

Don't forget crazy religious self mutilation guy

Vickers

Can't say it's a loss for Prometheus 2.  But, in Lindelof's defence, Ridley did make a couple silly changes and decisions.

Deuterium

Quote from: Vickers on Dec 27, 2012, 08:13:49 PM
Can't say it's a loss for Prometheus 2.  But, in Lindelof's defence, Ridley did make a couple silly changes and decisions.

Agreed.  For those of us who were terribly dissapointed with Prometheus, Ridley Scott bears as much responsibility as Lindelof.  If the buck doesn't stop with the Director, where does it stop?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed