Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why

Started by ace3g, Dec 20, 2012, 04:57:29 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why (Read 27,023 times)

DaddyYautja

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 22, 2012, 05:24:15 AM

I quoted you, and nowhere in that quote did you mention Lindleof at all. Do I need to quote you again?

Quotedude all a writer does is write a script then send it in and wait to see what they think.

You do realize that my response was because you make it seem that all a writer needs to do, any writer needs to do, is to just send in a script and wait for a response. That's all I was responding to, your quote had nothing to do with Lindleof, so don't say that it does. You were making a generalization of any and all writers in that quote of yours.

1. You dont tell a poster what you he/she meant when he made a post because you, as far as well all know, are not psychic so you have zero idea about it. So unless you are going to reveal your mutant power to us....i suggest you stop with this idea.

2. ( for the second time )The thread is about Lindelof and about him not writing the sequel to Prometheus so who would EVER use an example about a total unknown writer trying to send in a script as if it was his first time shopping one out instead of a writer who already has the job? It just doesnt make ANY sense whatsoever. 

3. I was replying to some one who SPECIFICALLY mentions something from the article which is talking about Lindelof so the discussion is OBVIOUSLY about that subject.

Quote from: SM on Dec 22, 2012, 10:23:48 AM

Because it's irrelevant.

But keep on digging.

If it's not relevant why then did you make a post saying i ignored those things when i didnt?

You are the one here digging some weird whole that is not making any sort of sense.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2012, 09:40:34 AM
Feature length. 100+ pages, not 40. TV exists the way it does now because writing shorter scripts is relatively simple, that's why I said feature length.

Lindelof wrote more than one episode per season. So he easily breaks the movie script page number.
And all this is saying is how much of a sucky writer he is.

Valaquen

Okay, let's back off one another now and get back to topic. Thanks.

Gazz

Yeah, fair enough. Post deleted.

SM

SM

QuoteIf it's not relevant why then did you make a post saying i ignored those things when i didnt?

You are the one here digging some weird whole that is not making any sort of sense.

No, try again - it IS irrelevant.  Whatever Lindelof is working on in favour of committing two years to Prometheus 2 doesn't make any difference to anything.

Bottom line is, he's not doing it and has explained why.  Get over it.

SiL

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 22, 2012, 07:32:23 PM
Lindelof wrote more than one episode per season. So he easily breaks the movie script page number.
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and any attempt to explain is going to be met with nothing but your willful ignorance.

ShadowPred

Quote from: SiL on Dec 22, 2012, 11:22:24 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 22, 2012, 07:32:23 PM
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, and any attempt to explain is going to be met with nothing but your willful ignorance.

QFT.

It's like trying to say that because you've done X amount of running in your life, you can suddenly get up and run a marathon of the same equal amount of running.

SiL

Exactly.

I can write half a dozen five page scripts in a week -- that's 60 pages. Sweet.

I couldn't write 60 pages of a feature length script in that time if I expected it to be any good. Same number of pages, but very different disciplines.

darkvegett0

regardless the movie still sucked and should have not made it past a draft I was forced to watch a draft with good visuals....

Valaquen

Quote from: darkvegett0 on Dec 23, 2012, 06:14:08 AM
regardless the movie still sucked and should have not made it past a draft I was forced to watch a draft with good visuals....
What you saw on screen was the 7th or 8th draft (just an estimate - Spaihts did 5 drafts... Lindelof worked on it for a year...) It seems the writers were the problem, not the time allocated to writing or the drafts they went through.

Tough little S.O.B.

I don't know if writing an script, is easy or dificult,or if it takes one month or two years, and I trully don't give a shit, but both spaiths and Lindelof scripts are rubish, and Riddley is the first to blame for accepting them. The movie sucks.

Won't surprise me if they did a Prometheus Reboot.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Given the film was a financial success -- not a huge success, just a success --, it would surprise me if they rebooted it so fast.

Darth Vile

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 23, 2012, 03:33:27 PM
Given the film was a financial success -- not a huge success, just a success --, it would surprise me if they rebooted it so fast.
A big enough sucess that they will try to replicate that sucess in the sequel. They certainly won't 're-boot'... I would imagine.  :)

Tough little S.O.B.

I was kidding, but it would be such a stupid and nonsensical Idea, that it wont surprise me anyway.

Space Sweeper

goneja

goneja

Very happy to hear Lindelof is gone. Honestly I blame most of the problem on him. When you hear him in interviews, I just don't understand how such a young guy was given the reigns. Prometheus has its critics and it's reasonable. There are mistakes and dumb stuff in the movie in areas and it just nearly ruins it. He's a young guy with too much of a care-free dopey outlook and attitude to handle a project like prometheus which should have been more cerebral and unique. The whole Engineer being propped up as some genius god idea, only to follow it up with him acting like a mindless frankenstein at the end, is almost inexcusable.The sequel needs better writers, or Scott should be more hands on himself. Frankly the idea of putting it out and making it so epic, you better have an epic writer of legendary status writing it. Not the guy who did Lost, which has so many of its own problems along it's run.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed