Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why

Started by ace3g, Dec 20, 2012, 04:57:29 AM

Author
Damon Lindelof is Not Writing the PROMETHEUS Sequel; Explains Why (Read 27,022 times)

T Dog

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 21, 2012, 02:58:05 PM
Good, bad, he is the guy named Lindelof. His name would be toxic for a sequel and he knows it. That's why he made his fan boy comment about a "reaction" to the movie.

And is hence why I made my comment about his pseudo politician diplomatic speech about not wanting to spend another year of his life writing the sequel.

He's a P.R man first, a writer second.

maledoro

Quote from: GQSioux on Dec 20, 2012, 11:23:05 PM
Just get David Giler and Walter Hill to write it. :)
I need to add more profanity to my script before I pitch it. Thanks for reminding me!
;D

Hudson

Thank God, now someone can clean up his mess and make sense of it all.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: SiL on Dec 20, 2012, 11:59:29 PM

Tried writing a feature length script recently?

Lindelof worked on Lost and wrote a whole mess of episodes. Let's stop acting like this is a monumental task, if writing a screenplay was that difficult TV wouldnt exist the way it does now.

Quote from: SM on Dec 21, 2012, 04:15:53 AM

Why bother?  You apparently know how it all works.

Not to mention conveniently ignoring Lindelof saying he can only focus on one thing at a time and Prometheus 2 would be a 2 year commitment.

HA! this is funny! Cause you conveniently ignored that i ask what he is working on that needs so much work in my first post here.

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 21, 2012, 06:00:54 AM

Which is of course, bullshit. Plenty of scripts get sent in that people never even get a response to. If you're lucky, and the script reader passes on your script as one that has to be read, then and only then will it ever even be read by whoever is in charge of the script reader. And if they like it, they might end up responding, because even a producer or whatever who looks at the script is in no way a guarantee that you will ever get a response back.

It's nowhere near as easy as you put it.

There's so much more I didn't add here, like trying to get an agent for one, or how f**king difficult it is to even get in at all in the film business with your first script. There's so god damn much that is blocking the writer from even reaching their goal.

Dude, we are not talking about a kid that just graduated from Uni and is trying to get his script about aliens to be made. This is Lindelof... he got the job.

ShadowPred

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 21, 2012, 07:26:04 PM

Lindelof worked on Lost and wrote a whole mess of episodes. Let's stop acting like this is a monumental task, if writing a screenplay was that difficult TV wouldnt exist the way it does now.

Not to mention conveniently ignoring Lindelof saying he can only focus on one thing at a time and Prometheus 2 would be a 2 year commitment.

HA! this is funny! Cause you conveniently ignored that i ask what he is working on that needs so much work in my first post here.

Which is of course, bullshit. Plenty of scripts get sent in that people never even get a response to. If you're lucky, and the script reader passes on your script as one that has to be read, then and only then will it ever even be read by whoever is in charge of the script reader. And if they like it, they might end up responding, because even a producer or whatever who looks at the script is in no way a guarantee that you will ever get a response back.

There's so much more I didn't add here, like trying to get an agent for one, or how f**king difficult it is to even get in at all in the film business with your first script. There's so god damn much that is blocking the writer from even reaching their goal.

Dude, we are not talking about a kid that just graduated from Uni and is trying to get his script about aliens to be made. This is Lindelof... he got the job.

No we weren't. Not on what my response was about. You said:
Quotedude all a writer does is write a script then send it in and wait to see what they think.

Now tell me where in that quote you even mentioned Lindleof. I wasn't talking about him yesterday night, and you sure as hell weren't talking about him specifically in that quote.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 21, 2012, 08:44:24 PM

Quotedude all a writer does is write a script then send it in and wait to see what they think.

Now tell me where in that quote you even mentioned Lindleof. I wasn't talking about him yesterday night, and you sure as hell weren't talking about him specifically in that quote.

The thread is about Lindelof not writing the next Prometheus movie............... why would i be discussing ANYTHING but the position Lindelof is in as a writer?

ShadowPred

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 22, 2012, 04:03:17 AM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 21, 2012, 08:44:24 PM

The thread is about Lindelof not writing the next Prometheus movie............... why would i be discussing ANYTHING but the position Lindelof is in as a writer?

I quoted you, and nowhere in that quote did you mention Lindleof at all. Do I need to quote you again?

You do realize that my response was because you make it seem that all a writer needs to do, any writer needs to do, is to just send in a script and wait for a response. That's all I was responding to, your quote had nothing to do with Lindleof, so don't say that it does. You were making a generalization of any and all writers in that quote of yours.

SiL

Feature length. 100+ pages, not 40. TV exists the way it does now because writing shorter scripts is relatively simple, that's why I said feature length.

Space Sweeper

Lost had a full team of writers, as all shows do. They also have fully outlined arcs that lead as far as the number of guaranteed seasons. There's also something called creative effort and ability. This isn't limited to Damon Lindelof lord of all things evil and to be damned, you've made this as broad as referring to any writer.

I mean, how clueless can you be?

SM

QuoteHA! this is funny! Cause you conveniently ignored that i ask what he is working on that needs so much work in my first post here.

Because it's irrelevant.

But keep on digging.

Space Sweeper

Like the movie he's writing and producing with Brad Bird and getting the TV show says he's really passionate about off the ground?

Goddamn, reading am hard!

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Dec 22, 2012, 10:14:12 AMThey also have fully outlined arcs

Lindelof wouldn't know a character arc if his grandmother stepped out of a wormhole and burned his typewriter.

Space Sweeper

ChrisPachi

No? Damn, I thought that was clever. :P

T Dog

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 22, 2012, 03:02:42 PM
No? Damn, I thought that was clever. :P

I liked it Chris, I liked it!

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think Lindelof is great as an IDEAS man. But as a writer he is poor on the character/dialogue/plotting front.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed