Alien Resurrection - CryEngine remake

Started by Salt The Fries, Dec 19, 2012, 07:00:47 AM

Author
Alien Resurrection - CryEngine remake (Read 1,868 times)

Salt The Fries

Hello,

Seeing that latest AvM remake, which remade AVP using CryEngine 3, it got me thinking how cool would it be if someone remade Alien Resurrection video game using this very engine.

It'd need only 4-5 minor fixes to be perfect:

1.Aliens should be able to climb ladders
2.Aliens should be able to act independently of their scripting, and not just come straight at you after the scripting's done
3.Aliens should move on their four more frequently
4.Maybe some further differentiation to the arsenal could be a nice touch
5.Boss fights should be bit enhanced
6.Maybe there could be different characters this time around, other than Call, DiStephano and Christie?
7.Maybe the characters should have slightly different base attributes and some 1 unique perk for each???

How cool would that be???

PsyKore

I'm just a mapper but I'd jump at the opportunity to remake this game. We just need a heap of resources to do it: alien models (including Preggo Queen and Newborn), gun models, animations, a complete Auriga texture set, and to somehow grab the sounds from the original game. It'd be great to have all those resources available to do it.

I like your base attributes idea. Maybe Ripley8 should be faster and stronger, Call could probably be more durable and take more damage, Christie could have great gun accuracy, and DiStephano could maybe carry more guns than the others or something. That's just off the top of my head, but they could all probably be worked with a bit more.

A remake of this game is exciting to think about!

Salt The Fries

I've been in touch with Jez San once...I tracked down another person who was responsible for the game design, but she didn't reply...Maybe Jez could help with that, or maybe I could contact another person???

WinterActual

Modellers and mappers which are willing to help are easy to find but you should think about finding a coder who will do all the work for free.  Those guys are hard to find. I remember when KF 2.5 was about to get released. You see, everything was done by 1 man team (Alex) but there were some huge "holes" in the coding so Alex was in great need to find a coder to do this advanced and hard work. It took him 5-6 months to find one (or at least I remember it was THAT long). Or even it was the guy who contacted Alex? I can't remember, but thats what I am trying to say - find a coder who will not quit the team and/or not give up easily. That's your N1 priority (imo) - find a coder  ;)

Byohzrd

IIRC there was one or two levels, that had a couple blue xenos. does anyone else remember these? they were hard as hell to kill. i wouldn't mind seeing more of them. they really only were in 2 places.

Salt The Fries

Those were Xeno Soldiers, but I didn't find them that harder to kill...Or maybe I just got lucky.

Byohzrd

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 23, 2012, 11:48:46 AM
Those were Xeno Soldiers, but I didn't find them that harder to kill...Or maybe I just got lucky.
i was also. 6 or 7 when i played the game, so may be the reason why i remember them being near invulnerable ;D

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I was 14 :D

BTW here's a first video trailer from 1997 I believe, back when the game was still TPP.

I'd kill to see any additional footage, like from E3 1999. I remember in 1998-9 there were numeruous articles, previews of it and everyone was hyping it so much...I want that prototype. I'd work on it and make it perfect :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed