Preview Event Coverage - Extermination Mode & Gameplay Videos

Started by ikarop, Dec 11, 2012, 02:12:24 PM

Author
Preview Event Coverage - Extermination Mode & Gameplay Videos (Read 38,324 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Dec 15, 2012, 09:47:07 PM

- Different characters "Bella", "Bishop" ,"O'neal" were not in the E3 2011 video

I think thats because by the time of the E3 2011 vid they were still doing the voice acting and such of the main chars.

Stringer2355

Quote from: Private W Hudson on Dec 16, 2012, 03:26:04 AM
Is there a gameplay video that doesnt have commentary, cause i'd like to hear the sound and everything as they keep saying the sound is amazing in this game according to the reviews :P

I agree, plus they give false information on the commentary

Esoteric_Voyage

im hoping the single player will be better than the impression im getting on here.

i think gearbox will make an average game in terms of multiplayer:

what ruins it for me?

the additional 'aliens' they made up, but specifically  the 'spitter'.

the map designs. sure they look great for playing left for dead 2. and thats clearly an inspiration.

but left for dead is nothing like aliens.

they got the game play right for the marines, but completely wrong for the aliens.

theres nothing terrifying about brainless black beasts running around. in a large open area map.

the aliens were intelligent. and consistently through out the series, approached prey covertly, to sneak and get as close to the prey as possible before laying out the ambush and hording.

here aliens are running around like a pack of wild dogs that you can see from long distance.

i think gearbox tried very hard to make replicate things but forgot what makes aliens creepy:

their ability and nature to use many alternate ways to get close to you.  they designed the maps well for marines to run around and move in, but gave the aliens no unpredictable ways to sneak and ambush. unless of course you count the aliens that sit and hide in corners.

newbeing

Apologies if this was already posted, but I found this article interesting.

http://www.1up.com/features/month-alien

QuoteWhile the cooperative play of DS3 has me worried about its ability to scare, it was ironically Colonial Marines' multiplayer that managed to create the most fear and tension of what I saw in the two games.

ShadowPred

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 17, 2012, 08:30:26 PM

QuoteWhile the cooperative play of DS3 has me worried about its ability to scare, it was ironically Colonial Marines' multiplayer that managed to create the most fear and tension of what I saw in the two games.

Damn, if the multi-player can do that then I guess I'll be playing it far more often.

szkoki

szkoki

So its not scary...EPIC FAIL GBX. Even Hicks could feel the diffo in the first stages, Aliens pulled that off very weell, Cameron did a great job imo, Aliens is a scary horror movie till the first encounter its just building building tension till then (after that becomes more like an action movie but even later  u got that horror vibe as an effect of the first movie and of the first 1 hour)and thats what matters not an alien jumping onto you from nowhere...

PRI. HUDSON

I feel way better now about ACM than I did a year ago. f**k the graphics. It's good storytelling and game play I want.

TyrantGer

TyrantGer

Escape mode seems awesome! I'm looking forward to playing that!

King Rathalos

Quote from: newbeing on Dec 17, 2012, 08:30:26 PM

This is good, very good.

szkoki

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Dec 18, 2012, 10:31:33 AM
I feel way better now about ACM than I did a year ago. f**k the graphics. It's good storytelling and game play I want.

unlucky u ...and me...because this isnt matters nowdays but the graphics and the action and the animation and to be able to sell it to everyone ...even to the kids

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 18, 2012, 11:38:10 AM
even to the kids
Well... that's their main target audience.

Spoiler

Predaker

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 18, 2012, 09:43:19 AM
So its not scary...EPIC FAIL GBX.

You're reading it wrong. The article said DS3 is not scary (Dead Space 3) and that Aliens Colonial Marines does have fear/tension.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Dec 17, 2012, 08:09:28 PM
im hoping the single player will be better than the impression im getting on here.

i think gearbox will make an average game in terms of multiplayer:

what ruins it for me?

the additional 'aliens' they made up, but specifically  the 'spitter'.

the map designs. sure they look great for playing left for dead 2. and thats clearly an inspiration.

but left for dead is nothing like aliens.

they got the game play right for the marines, but completely wrong for the aliens.

theres nothing terrifying about brainless black beasts running around. in a large open area map.

the aliens were intelligent. and consistently through out the series, approached prey covertly, to sneak and get as close to the prey as possible before laying out the ambush and hording.

here aliens are running around like a pack of wild dogs that you can see from long distance.

i think gearbox tried very hard to make replicate things but forgot what makes aliens creepy:

their ability and nature to use many alternate ways to get close to you.  they designed the maps well for marines to run around and move in, but gave the aliens no unpredictable ways to sneak and ambush. unless of course you count the aliens that sit and hide in corners.

The problem I see is MP. It doesn't provide the variety of Alien combat that SP provides. So long as it looks the way it does in these exclusive trailers, we are going to be sorely disappointed.
1. Aliens deaths are generic and boring in Multiplayer, i don't know why, but the SP campaign shows many clear and present deaths.
2. No hit areas that stand out as being cool. (head damage, unique formations are few if any, limbs being blown off is ....good but we've seen it, and it feels old and uninspiring.
3. These new Aliens don't look quite that inspiring to look at while playing but appear decent and passable when you're against them.
4. Animations in multiplayer are good but too few and not too unique. We get a sense that marines are just running around. No one is taking cover, no one is climbing ladders, no one is doing anything in particularly interesting.  It really looks like bots are playing and are restricted to running and shooting and dying.

This mainly is MP at fault. I dont see this happening with SP.

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 18, 2012, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 18, 2012, 09:43:19 AM
So its not scary...EPIC FAIL GBX.

You're reading it wrong. The article said DS3 is not scary (Dead Space 3) and that Aliens Colonial Marines does have fear/tension.

They should trust a credible source.

Predaker

a credible source? "Look into my eye." 

Journalists will write good and bad things. What matters is how you like it.

Also, the preview demo is a tiny portion of the campaign cherry picked for media with the sentry gun and the smartgun. How hard can the aliens be against that firepower? It wasn't meant to demonstrate the difficulty of the game.

It would be nice to have a preview of Ultimate Badass mode. 

Dovahkiin

The game looks to be genuinely fun to me. Eagerly awaiting release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed