Xeno Costume Build.

Started by Byohzrd, Dec 08, 2012, 09:09:26 PM

Author
Xeno Costume Build. (Read 13,739 times)

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

So i decided to buy myself a birthday present. I know totally lame, but its a cast from SwampDonkey's refurbished screen used aliens head. And its freakin sweet, Raw cast in resin backed with foam. Definitely a good kick in the arse to get the gears moving faster on my own build, but i now have a second project to work on too.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

sorry for the double post, but heres some progress shots of the refurbishing project.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Looks like things are coming along nicely, good work.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

learned how to use an airbrush in 3 days. go gentle.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'm loving it, especially the front part of the head, those "lines" are really well done.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 15, 2013, 08:38:24 AM
I'm loving it, especially the front part of the head, those "lines" are really well done.
They were an idea i picked up some where across the internet and tried my hand at them. They are barely visible in regular lighting but under heavy light or sunlight they shine through. Kinda wanted to show a layered skin kinda through out the piece.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Byohzrd on Apr 15, 2013, 12:16:39 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 15, 2013, 08:38:24 AM
They were an idea i picked up some where across the internet and tried my hand at them. They are barely visible in regular lighting but under heavy light or sunlight they shine through. Kinda wanted to show a layered skin kinda through out the piece.

I honestly went and scrolled back up to see if the sculpt already didn't have something like that. You did a great job on that, it really looks like there's something underneath.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

For the most part the painting is finished, aside from a few areas i still need to touch up. I'm building a small display base for him and attach 2 hoses to the back of the jaw.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Oh gods, that so f**king sweet. Dude, this looks freaking awesome.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

I love how under harsh light the colors are so much more vibrant, and under regular lighting the colors are far more muted. By the time i had finished painting it was night time, and it was chilling, it really looked like it could've been in a scene from the film.

PredalienXenomorph

PredalienXenomorph

Damn, that head is looking great. I'm officially jealous.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

hey guys, sorry for the neglect. So heres what the warrior cast ended up looking like.

also, somewhat related. Decided to start on a fresh sculpt.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I am so f**king stoked!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Very, very cool. Looking forward to more of the Predator!

Bender1988

Bender1988

Whoa-that alien looks pretty fricking badass awesome to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed