What about director's cuts?

Started by azerty, Aug 27, 2007, 09:29:33 PM

Author
What about director's cuts? (Read 1,046 times)

azerty

azerty

If you buy alien directors cut do you just see the movie as it was back in 1979 with extra scenes on another disc? Or are the extra scenes put into the orignal film thus making it longer?

So what's better alien or alien directors cut? Worth the money?

SiL

SiL

The Alien: Director's Cut 2-disc DVD has two versions of the film: 1979 theatrical cut, and the 2003 'Director's Cut' with new scenes edited into the film, except it runs about a minute shorter cos Scott cut stuff out as well.

Buy the 2-disc set and you get both movies. Everyone wins.

A.Nightmare

A.Nightmare

Yep..it's worth it! The Commentary is pretty good as well, you get more insight on the story with the Scott commentary too!

azerty

azerty

Ah it's a shame other scenes were cut for the extra scenes. Is it the same with the other director cut editions?

azerty

azerty

Why didn't Scott maake the alien sequel? I think it would have been vastly different to Camerons aliens

A.Nightmare

A.Nightmare

Maybe he didn't want too...I think that he was satisfied with his creation and wanted it to stay that way...

SiL

SiL

The only other Special Edition that does that is the Alien 3 special edition, which is still half an hour longer anyway.

pred_alien

pred_alien

actually i think its 40 minutes longer

Major Alan Schaefer

i think the best special editon is "Aliens" i have only watched the directors cut of Alien...what's some diffrences? i know all the added scences what got cut?

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Aug 28, 2007, 12:08:13 AM
i think the best special editon is "Aliens" i have only watched the directors cut of Alien...what's some diffrences? i know all the added scences what got cut?

isnt the only different between the special edition of "Aliens" and the theatrical "Aliens" is that we see newt's family go to the derilict?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 28, 2007, 12:18:12 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Aug 28, 2007, 12:08:13 AM

isnt the only different between the special edition of "Aliens" and the theatrical "Aliens" is that we see newt's family go to the derilict?
that's the big diffrnece (Reel 3 is added ) their are lots of small scenes added in that make the movie better..the sentry guns for iinstance

pred_alien

pred_alien

really those werent in the theatrical cut...wow those moviegoers were missing some action

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 28, 2007, 12:50:40 AM
really those werent in the theatrical cut...wow those moviegoers were missing some action
yes..they are lots of neew stuff...what is out of alien?

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Aug 28, 2007, 12:52:35 AM
Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 28, 2007, 12:50:40 AM
yes..they are lots of neew stuff...what is out of alien?

During the scene in the kitchen near the beginning, the guy that gets killed looking for the cat doesn't mess with his cigarette/toothpick as much as in the theatrical release... besides that, not sure what got taken out.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Aliens SE also had that scene where Ripley is told of her senior citizen daughter that died while she slept. Very effective. That was quite a dramatic scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed