Survivor Multiplayer Trailer

Started by RidgeTop, Nov 20, 2012, 10:08:48 AM

Author
Survivor Multiplayer Trailer (Read 55,751 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

It would be nice if there's at least some strategic element for survivor mode. Would love it to be set in somewhat of an open playing field and the players can choose which routes to take, which doors to weld shut, where to place sentries, etc. Make it a real team emphasized mission to get out alive.

I think going for a "whoever lasts longest" type of deal, or something like L4D where it's get from A to B and cope with the swarms along the way, will all get very boring quickly. Plus, the mutants will probably just make it irritating, not challenging, IMO.

acrediblesource

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 03, 2012, 06:19:52 AM
AvP2010 is way better looking? Lolwut

Agreed. Its a beast of an engine, but ultimately loses out because their monster's aren't finely cut. Sorry, i don't care if their textures were done in 4000x4000 bitmaps, if the models didnt do the originals justice its a thumbs down.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Bad models? Sure  ::)

Ash 937

Ash 937

I'm not really that into discussions on textures and resolution...but I did think that the xenos in AVP2010 were quite well-done.  Their movement were also a good balance between the behaviors that I noticed from the first two films.  In AvP2010 the xenos slithered in and out of range from a distance but pounced when close up for melee attacks. 

In A:CM they seem to run like gorillas from a distance and I think that looks a bit clumsy and out of character.  But one of the biggest shortcoming of AVP2010 is that you never see more than a handful of xenos on the screen at a time.  If A:CM can put more xenos on screen in Survivor mode, that sense of impending doom that I remember from Aliens may make A:CM a better experience overall.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I think ACM will be the better experience overall too but this doesn't make it with better visuals (which doesn't mean anything though(I know you didn't say it is with better visuals but I am just saying lol)).

Gren_86

Gren_86

The only beef I had with the xenos from the single player campaign in AvP 2010 was their lack of aggression and slow moving behavior.
To this day the visuals are great IMO.

VEF214

VEF214

I don't like the way the aliens gallop now. AVP3 got their movement right. 3rd person camera is bad as well imo. Sure you have more spatial awareness and you won't get disoriented as much, but it's no where near as immersive or personal. Don't like how the alien crawl spaces are highlighted so brightly either, too noob friendly. Takes away the moments of discovering new places for yourself. I hope survivor is really random. 5 aliens first wave, 10 2nd wave gets old fast.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote3rd person camera is bad as well imo. Sure you have more spatial awareness and you won't get disoriented as much

i'd argue the oposite, actually. you're going to be running in closed spaces at high speed, the camera is going to get unbearable.

VEF214

VEF214

Ah that's true. Toggle option is a must, best of both worlds.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: SM on Dec 03, 2012, 04:09:58 AM
As I've said ad nauseum - I don't see how.

Other things might do that.

The contrasting colors (red vs white dots) assist with quickly absorbing the information in the middle of a firefight, since you can't fire your weapon and look at the motion tracker at the same time.

It seems that the red dots are the product of having the motion tracker in your hand and not being able to fire if you want to look at it. Its a trade off for the authenticity of holding an actual motion tracker instead of it being part of the HUD.

I'm not advocating for red dots, I have just been really curious why they did it.

Corporal Hicks

You know, of all the things I looked for when I was playing the game, the color of the motion tracker dots was not one of them.

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 03, 2012, 09:10:13 PM
You know, of all the things I looked for when I was playing the game, the color of the motion tracker dots was not one of them.

Thanks, that is good to know it didn't seem to break immersion or ruin the tension. I appreciate the feedback! Sorry for going off topic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed