Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer

Started by arnold23, Aug 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM

Author
Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer (Read 3,159 times)

SiL

SiL

Guess I've seen too many TV movies.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2007, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 07:45:36 PM
to be honest, people are seriously deluded if they think an AVP film can become great.
And it's that mentality from the audience that gets us shit movie. Supply meets demand, and what we want isn't good movies, we want utter bullshit because we don't think anybody could actually do something with the movies.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, f**k! THAT! SHIT!

As for the face melting, I thought it was awful. The effects were cheap and the acting was atrocious, and it lingered too long even for the film. Maybe if the effects were good and the guy could emote pain ...

Ok SIL, name me one movie, thats 8 in a sequence, with the same impact. In fact name a a film thats 8th in a series thats good. Any one, any style, any time frame. 

SuicideSquad

well, first contact was alright. for a trek movie at least.

Highland

Quote from: SuicideSquad on Aug 27, 2007, 08:41:39 PM
well, first contact was alright. for a trek movie at least.

lol, i admire your effort man.

plasmacannon

Quote from: Katarn on Aug 26, 2007, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: arnold23 on Aug 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM
All of you guys have to agree that the acid-on-the-face in the new trailer is the best I have seen :o.  The only thing I can think of that would come close is Hudsons burn. This is the kinda stuff I have been looking forward to for a long long time.

Too extreme and sadisctic for my taste.   :-[

Awwwww look away then LOL poor bubba .

uhhhhh

James Bond movies

STILL THE BEST!

SiL

SiL

I didn't say this movie would be good. Hell no.

But that doesn't mean it can't be done. You just need the right people.

Highland

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2007, 08:45:05 PM
I didn't say this movie would be good. Hell no.

But that doesn't mean it can't be done. You just need the right people.

I beleive you, but it would take a russian business man, and a bottle of whiskey to get any "half decent" director to touch this thing again, never mind a scott or cameron.

The potential is there, the people are not.

And lets not forget the actors, Mr Bale, would you like to see the script for Alien 5?

Anomaly

I also would like to add that Jim Cameron found the idea to team these species up as a huge mistake. He thought it would make the films very superficial and gimmicky like wolf man vs godzilla. I think it can be done but I can see where this mindset has arisen.

SiL

SiL

Jim Cameron also dumbed the Aliens down for the mass audience and pretty much ignored a lot of things Alien set down because he didn't like it. Why should we care what he thinks?

Anomaly

Well, being a massive fan , I do. I think the mans quite an intelligent director if not one of the hugest contributors to scifi/fiction of our time.

Highland

AVP doesnt get the respect it might, because it chooses to put VS in the title

That means cheese for alot of the public

echobbase79

echobbase79

Jim Cameron didn't dumb them down! He made them scary!!!!

And what did the first Alien lay down that Cameron ignored? He took the idea and ran with it. Alien without that cocoon scene with Dallas and Brett is left open to a lot of things.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: echobbase79 on Aug 27, 2007, 09:05:38 PM
Jim Cameron didn't dumb them down!
Why do you think there's a Queen? Cameron said that the idea of egg morphing was too complex an idea to communicate to the general public so he simplified the life cycle.

Anomaly

When Jim Cameron speaks, I listen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed