Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer

Started by arnold23, Aug 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM

Author
Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer (Read 3,148 times)

echobbase79

Good point. :)

azerty

People that think its' too sadistic with too much blood and gore shoulden't be fans of monster movies. Monsters + humans = deaths

It makes me wonder why you liked the first films...

Katarn

Quote from: azerty on Aug 27, 2007, 07:05:54 PM
People that think its' too sadistic with too much blood and gore shoulden't be fans of monster movies. Monsters + humans = deaths

It makes me wonder why you liked the first films...

The previous movies weren't gore fest you know. It had suspense and terror, it had violence, but it was all restrained. Psychological horror over physical horror.
It's probably just the effect of the trailer showing death after bloody death, but at this point, it seems kind of an over the top, cheap B-horror movie.

And I'm all for some blood and killing.
But slowly having your face being molten off by acid belongs more in a Saw-movie than an Alien/Predator film. In the previous movies, the effects off the blood weren't this severe.

Highland

I disagree with this one, after 8 movies in, I'm tired of the same skull shot, or tail impale. The deaths become repetitive.

You have to bring something new to the table, if its gore then so be it.

Katarn

Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 07:32:53 PM
I disagree with this one, after 8 movies in, I'm tired of the same skull shot, or tail impale. The deaths become repetitive.

You have to bring something new to the table, if its gore then so be it.

What, and have this franchise become the new Friday the 13th series?

Don't get me wrong, I ****ing love the trailer, and I'll be the first in line to buy a ticket and all the figures, but that death just rubs me the wrong way.

Highland

Highland

to be honest, people are seriously deluded if they think an AVP film can become great.

Entertainment? action? without a doubt. But anything other than that, then they should really just sign off now, and save the cash.

I'll say again, were 8 movies in, the 6th time weve seen aliens, and the 4th time we've seen predators. If the bros can break even, thats a massive pat on the back.

Cellien

Quote from: Katarn on Aug 26, 2007, 05:28:27 PM
Quote from: arnold23 on Aug 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM
All of you guys have to agree that the acid-on-the-face in the new trailer is the best I have seen :o.  The only thing I can think of that would come close is Hudsons burn. This is the kinda stuff I have been looking forward to for a long long time.

Too extreme and sadisctic for my taste.   :-[

I know what you mean.. but I let it slide since its an AvP movie :)

TakenByForce

I think the trailer is great.
I want to see more of Wolf's whip though.

He seems like the most bad ass Predator we've seen yet.
But Jungle Hunter owns =P

echobbase79

echobbase79

That's the pizza dude from the script.

Yeah, its a pretty grisly demise but I don't think its over done to the point where I'd compare it to Friday the13th. Its really a bad set circumstances for that kid.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 07:45:36 PM
to be honest, people are seriously deluded if they think an AVP film can become great.
And it's that mentality from the audience that gets us shit movie. Supply meets demand, and what we want isn't good movies, we want utter bullshit because we don't think anybody could actually do something with the movies.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, f**k! THAT! SHIT!

As for the face melting, I thought it was awful. The effects were cheap and the acting was atrocious, and it lingered too long even for the film. Maybe if the effects were good and the guy could emote pain ...

Predboy

I thought the scene of the face melting off was, uhh...what this guy said.

Quote from: Katarn on Aug 26, 2007, 05:28:27 PM
Too extreme and sadisctic for my taste.   :-[

echobbase79

Guys its acid on his face what do you expect to happen? It's not going to be pretty.

If the effect bothers people that much now I can't wait to see how it looks when its finished.

Procurator

Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2007, 08:19:00 PM
Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 07:45:36 PM
And it's that mentality from the audience that gets us shit movie. Supply meets demand, and what we want isn't good movies, we want utter bullshit because we don't think anybody could actually do something with the movies.

In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, f**k! THAT! SHIT!

As for the face melting, I thought it was awful. The effects were cheap and the acting was atrocious, and it lingered too long even for the film. Maybe if the effects were good and the guy could emote pain ...

Have to disagree with you on that one. The acid burning through the scull was great. As for the screaming and emotions keep in mind that the guy probably panicked like crazy taking away most motor functions. Not to mention that in the trailer we don't see the acid blasting on his face, all we see is it's coming from the the alien from the plasma shot and the next scene is the guy's face already half melted. He probably screamed when the acid hit hes face but than stopped due to the damage and all he could do is struggle with the pain.

Dachande

Drake got acid on his face in Aliens, he didnt look quite so stupid s this guy. Same with Christie...

Keyes

I thought the FX in that scene were spot on... I've just been re-watching that bit again now, and seriously I think you can't get it much better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed