Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer

Started by arnold23, Aug 26, 2007, 05:13:18 PM

Author
Acid on face effects in AVP-R trailer (Read 3,110 times)

echobbase79

But that scene was cut out. No where in the theatrical cut of Alien does it show anything about egg morphing. I don't blame Cameron for changing it either. He came up with something more interesting. To me at least. 

SiL

SiL

It doesn't change the fact that he changed it because he thought his audience was going to be made of idiots who wouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together.

A.Nightmare

I thought the Little kid getting face hugged was funny...Umm..I mean sad! No..I laughed...that should be interesting to see how they go through with the lil kid and his chest burster...

Chaotic-Strike

Chaotic-Strike

I can enjoy aliens the movie a bit more than alien due to more content and some good characters imo but as for the alien itself I just feel like it was seriosly downgraded and really lost alot of the mystery it was in alien instead of a the perfect organism we get a alien insect.

as sil said avp can be done right if effort is given I belive avp2 on the pc is the best reprensentation of this. It has no timeline errors and respects both creatures equally from both of their source material.It has an nice storyline  if they can do this on a video game than they can do on the big screen.

Meathead320

Quote from: Katarn on Aug 26, 2007, 05:28:27 PM

Too extreme and sadisctic for my taste.   :-[

And the Chest Burster scene in A1?

I agree, it is a little over the top gore, but not all A and P movies have to use the same formula.

We don't want these films to become; "gee tehy dont evr show teh gore" type of films, and I think they may be making up for the lack of gore in AVP1.

Anomaly

What always annoyed me was when scifi films would get softened down because kids like fictional elements: anything that has creatures or gadgets in it. There IS a such thing as adult fiction, so I am glad we have an R again, if not anything else.

pred_alien

Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 08:48:42 PM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 27, 2007, 08:45:05 PM
I didn't say this movie would be good. Hell no.

But that doesn't mean it can't be done. You just need the right people.

I beleive you, but it would take a russian business man, and a bottle of whiskey to get any "half decent" director to touch this thing again, never mind a scott or cameron.

The potential is there, the people are not.

And lets not forget the actors, Mr Bale, would you like to see the script for Alien 5?

yeah could i see the script to alien 5?

Anomaly

Quote from: highlandpred on Aug 27, 2007, 08:48:42 PM

I beleive you, but it would take a russian business man, and a bottle of whiskey to get any "half decent" director to touch this thing again, never mind a scott or cameron.

LOL...  there does seem to be a stigma now, doesnt it?

Plokoon111

The first thing that poped in my head when I saw the guys face melt was, "Oh no! Im mellltttiinggggg. . . .!"

SuicideSquad

Quote from: Chaotic-Strike on Aug 27, 2007, 09:47:51 PM
as for the alien itself I just feel like it was seriosly downgraded and really lost alot of the mystery it was in alien instead of a the perfect organism we get a alien insect.
if you want mystery don't make a sequel. if you make a sequel you have to explore the creature, taking away from its mystery. this is how it goes, if you want the alien from alien 1 watch the movie and imagine there would have never been a sequel.

pred_alien

actually theres alot of mystery left in the aliens...are they natural or did someone make them? do they have a homeworld and if so what is it like? how do queens come about if there arent any queen facehuggers? how do two hives co-exist in the same area while collecting hosts in the same area? how did the predators come across the aliens?

Docta Jekyll

I loved the acid face brunign effect

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed