GT, Machinima and X-Play Video Previews - Lance Henriksen, Gameplay and More

Started by ikarop, Oct 19, 2012, 06:17:31 PM

Author
GT, Machinima and X-Play Video Previews - Lance Henriksen, Gameplay and More (Read 27,487 times)

Predaker

I think its fine they change the W-Y mercs to wear real armor instead of the dog catcher suits, but the pulse rifle should shred them with the armor piercing explosive rounds. It would seem a bit unrealistic for a human to just stand there and take it, even with futuristic armor.

I miss the runner from Alien3; wish they had incorporated it into the game. Maybe the lurker can be customized to look like the runner from Alien3? That would be cool.

SpreadEagleBeagle

I think it makes a lot of sense if they wore the dog-catcher suits since they're basically catching xenos at Hadley's Hope and in the Derelict. And the suits worn by the commandos look like good defense against firearms as well.

Seriously, the WY commandos have such an iconic look. They look awesome - why not going along with similar designs when designing other types of WY armor? The only answer to that is that they don't want to pay any tribute to Alien 3 whatsoever. They've made that clear.

And ditching the Runner is just unforgivable, especially when they do it in favor to introduce the uninspiring and cartoony looking Spitter xeno.

Predaker

Yeah it does seem like FOX forced their hand on including Alien3 in their "canon story."

When Hicks and newt died, it was sad but so were the deaths of everyone else in the first two movies. Except for Burke, lol

I don't hold it against them for killing them off instead of keeping them in the third movie. That's the direction they decided to take, and the movie as a whole stood up on its own. I loved Alien3 back when it came out in the theater. It was a solid movie.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...and no they're letting the Hicks Patrol discredit that great solid movie. Sad.

Ash 937

It would be against Hicks' character to survive and allow Ripley to die on Fury 161 without attempting to rescue her.  Ripley saved Hicks twice during the course of Aliens.

Valaquen

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Oct 21, 2012, 06:48:27 PM
I think it makes a lot of sense if they wore the dog-catcher suits since they're basically catching xenos at Hadley's Hope and in the Derelict. And the suits worn by the commandos look like good defense against firearms as well.

Seriously, the WY commandos have such an iconic look. They look awesome - why not going along with similar designs when designing other types of WY armor? The only answer to that is that they don't want to pay any tribute to Alien 3 whatsoever. They've made that clear.

And ditching the Runner is just unforgivable, especially when they do it in favor to introduce the uninspiring and cartoony looking Spitter xeno.
Did they say they didn't want to pay tribute? I love me some Aliens, but the attitude over there seems to be the worst kind of fingers-in-their-ears fanboyism. Alien 3, for any of its faults, had some truly great, great stuff. I love the WY commandos, even though they arrive so woefully unequipped for the Runner (collar on the end of a stick, anyone?  :laugh:) and Bishop II was enigmatic. Just great.

p1nk81cd

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 22, 2012, 11:47:36 AM

Did they say they didn't want to pay tribute? I love me some Aliens, but the attitude over there seems to be the worst kind of fingers-in-their-ears fanboyism. Alien 3, for any of its faults, had some truly great, great stuff. I love the WY commandos, even though they arrive so woefully unequipped for the Runner (collar on the end of a stick, anyone?  :laugh:) and Bishop II was enigmatic. Just great.

Bastards... They better give us a Runner skin as compensation to the fans of Alien³. What's next? They gonna delete ALIEN from Canon and say that only Aliens and...*disgusted look* Prometheus exist?! >:(

Ash 937

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Oct 22, 2012, 01:07:08 PMBastards... They better give us a Runner skin as compensation to the fans of Alien³. What's next? They gonna delete ALIEN from Canon and say that only Aliens and...*disgusted look* Prometheus exist?! >:(

No, they're also going to tell us that the fossilized space jockey in Alien is actually a smaller humanoid in a suit.

The Runner

Quote from: Mr. Runner on Oct 22, 2012, 01:07:08 PM

Bastards... They better give us a Runner skin as compensation to the fans of Alien³. What's next? They gonna delete ALIEN from Canon and say that only Aliens and...*disgusted look* Prometheus exist?! >:(

No ALIEN is canon to them, just because without it Aliens wouldn't exist. Honestly hardcore Aliens fanboys don't give two shits about the masterpiece known as Alien...

Predaker

Quote from: The Runner on Oct 23, 2012, 12:29:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. Runner on Oct 22, 2012, 01:07:08 PM

No ALIEN is canon to them, just because without it Aliens wouldn't exist. Honestly hardcore Aliens fanboys don't give two shits about the masterpiece known as Alien...
Reminds me of Angry Joe... "You can't have aliens without colonial marines!!!"  :laugh:

Valaquen

Quote from: The Runner on Oct 23, 2012, 12:29:57 AM
Never really seen that attitude, myself.

Unless it's IMDb. "this movies too slow lol"

scm

Some of you guys are just ridiculous

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed