Ridley Says No to Extended Cut

Started by Valaquen, Oct 08, 2012, 02:46:51 PM

Author
Ridley Says No to Extended Cut (Read 58,171 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It is the truth, aliens is the haunted house in space slasher flick. Hell, no one(characters) in the movie actually gave a shit about what the space jockey alien was.  :laugh: Thinking of it in that context does indeed make the questions asked in Prometheus appear large in scope.

So the questions were there to be asked in alien but not addressed at all. Where as they are being both asked and investigated in Prometheus. There's not really any answers yet though, mostly just clues. Gotta wait for Prometheus 2™ for the answers.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 12, 2012, 07:38:54 AM
I seem to remember RS going on the record that the original version of 'Alien' is still what he regards as the 'proper' version... Didn't stop him doing another one.

It took him that long to get around to extended versions because that's what the DVD era heralded. Give it a while. We'll get another 'Prometheus' - and it'll probably be just in time for you to spend money on, immediately before the second or third movie comes out.

Well, you gotta admit, he made like what? 5 different cuts of Blade Runner?

Nightmare Asylum

But Blade Runner had a lot of studio interference. Prometheus is what Ridley wanted.

swarm87

swarm87

well bring on the fan edits then; so sad that folks might have to resort to "other means" for an extended cut, especially when studios know there's a market for them.

Pete Script

Pete Script

Quote from: kittychu6 on Oct 10, 2012, 11:23:00 PM
Quote from: Pete Script on Oct 10, 2012, 10:53:55 PM

Otherwise though as I have said before I liked the film and have to say all the deacon bashing is amusing, but give him a chance he is just a baby.

i said the same about the newborn in alien resurrection. everyone called it abomination. i just imagined what it would grow into

i have to be honest... I hated the newborn and had no interest seeing what it could grow in to. i thought alien resurrection was probably the worst franchise destroying film ever... Only beaten by the phantom menace of course  ;)

RagingDragon

I'm not the first to say this, but oh the days when Resurrection was the worst film in the franchise. :laugh:

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 12, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
I'm not the first to say this, but oh the days when Resurrection was the worst film in the franchise. :laugh:

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/resurrection-newborn-e1338862926335-465x241.jpg

It still is for me. :laugh: Although, I haven't seen the AvP films.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Vickers on Oct 12, 2012, 05:15:59 PMIt still is for me. :laugh: Although, I haven't seen the AvP films.

I'm sure AVP-R would quickly steal A:R's spot on your list. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

AR, while very different from the first three, isn't really a bad movie. Its weird, it unnecessary, and its a bit disappointing, but I wouldn't call it bad. Its interesting in an absurd, very out there way. And the Newborn design is great, given that it is supposed to be an abomination and all.

And I still don't find the first AVP to be a bad movie. It comes no where close to either the Alien or Predator films, but its a fun ride in a really cool setting and lots of cool throwbacks to the originals.

And then there's AVPR... Yeah....

RagingDragon

Resurrection blows Prometheus out of the water.

Yeah I said it. :laugh:  I just give it more points for being a complete story and having less noticeable plot holes.  Not trying to bait anyone, you sensitive asses. :P  I was also honestly more moved by parts of Resurrection, like Ripley facing her clones, than Prometheus, and some parts scared me a lot more than anything in Prometheus.

Res would've been in a different league had the newborn been something wicked awesome.

BANE

BANE

f**k you.

:laugh:

RagingDragon

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 12, 2012, 05:30:54 PM

Yeah I said it. :laugh:  I just give it more points for being a complete story and having less noticeable plot holes.  Not trying to bait anyone, you sensitive asses. :P  I was also honestly more moved by parts of Resurrection, like Ripley facing her clones, than Prometheus, and some parts scared me a lot more than anything in Prometheus.

Res would've been in a different league had the newborn been something wicked awesome.

Fair enough.  In my mind, Res doesn't exist because the concept is silly and the series ended perfectly with Alien 3.

But different strokes for different folks and all that. 8)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 12, 2012, 05:30:54 PM

I love you. So much.

RagingDragon

Not to keep going off-topic, but the thing I like most about Res is that it's self-contained, almost like a Marvel What-If?  Whole thing was contained to the Auriga, besides dat clone Ripley business. :laugh:

Anyway no extended cut for you!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed