Ridley Says No to Extended Cut

Started by Valaquen, Oct 08, 2012, 02:46:51 PM

Author
Ridley Says No to Extended Cut (Read 58,187 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

QuoteAccording to De Lauzirika, Scott was asked by Fox to make a new cut of the film for Blu-ray but refused, saying the theatrical version is his Director's Cut.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/08/fox-wanted-extended-prometheus-blu-ray-ridley-scott-said-no/

Full story at the link.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

WTF!? What about all those alternate/extended scenes that were mentioned before? Or am I just being a dumbass and misinterpreting it?

First Blood

How...disappointing. :(

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: HUGZZ on Oct 08, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
WTF!? What about all those alternate/extended scenes that were mentioned before? Or am I just being a dumbass and misinterpreting it?
They're included for your perusal, but not as part of a new or extended cut. Extras only.

Kol

Kol

so sad.

clearly an evidence, that scott became senile.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Valaquen on Oct 08, 2012, 02:58:11 PM
Quote from: HUGZZ on Oct 08, 2012, 02:52:59 PM
They're included for your perusal, but not as part of a new or extended cut. Extras only.
Oh, that's still crumby  :-[

Vickers

Vickers

Thanks for nothing, Ridley. ::)

The least he could do is release an extended cut with the deleted scenes (and any other missing footage) inserted back in and with the CGI finished.  Who said it has to be titled, "Director's Cut?"

Yup... this is all for the fans.  What happened to giving us the choice between 2 cuts?

Gazz

Gazz

I'm a little gutted myself. There are scenes that could benefit the film if inserted (character moments that set up later developments) but my biggest problem is that the final act is an absolute editing nightmare that could be fixed with some tinkering. A real shame.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: Kol on Oct 08, 2012, 03:53:09 PM
so sad.

Oh I dunno. I expect he can still capitalise his sentences.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Lol.  You're all acting like he shot your dog.

He'll do it eventually.  Not that he's under any obligation.

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 08, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

He'll do it eventually.  Not that he's under any obligation.

Spoiler
[close]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 08, 2012, 04:32:19 PM

Babeng.

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: Gash on Oct 08, 2012, 04:10:31 PM
Quote from: Kol on Oct 08, 2012, 03:53:09 PM
so sad.

Oh I dunno. I expect he can still capitalise his sentences.

Gash we all know Ridley wanted more money to make the film ,more time and especially an appropriate edition at the final cut.We heard Scott saying that he liked ,anyway, the way it was done.
But actually has more behind it.
Fox was for me ; regrettable.

ThisBethesdaSea

No extended cut is fine with me, but he has some explaining to do in its stead.

kittychu6

kittychu6

the one thing i think we have come to learn in recent years is dont trust anything ridley says. of course he wont say theres an extended cut coming otherwise why buy the current bluray release. they are gonna want to resell the movie at least two more times in the future not counting boxsets

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed