New Prometheus Blu-ray Clip

Started by ikarop, Oct 03, 2012, 09:20:58 PM

Author
New Prometheus Blu-ray Clip (Read 12,297 times)

Kol

Kol

video not found :(
has this something to do with my region?

zuzuki

zuzuki

i was looking at 0:42 and noticed we didn't get to see that room in the movie. we didn't see this either

or this

ikarop

ikarop

We did. It is this:

zuzuki

zuzuki

nope look at the columns. they are missing. also the urn placement, and in the movie they are also stacked in the middle of the room up to the ceiling, and on the side, on the walls.also when david enters that room, it is the cargo bay of the ship,and the door doesn't look like that. it's smaller and has different design.you can see in the second  picture near the door arches that it's a cave with rock walls, not the more metal looking corridor from the ship. we didn't see these in the film. either they switched it up while filming, changed the location of the storage area from the temple to the ship, or they filmed this and also cut it from the movie

ikarop

ikarop

The columns are the exact same (the ones in the background which are actual props). If you're talking about the urn columns then that's probably something that was added later. Not to mention that some of these locations were most probably reused to save time and money.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: zuzuki on Oct 04, 2012, 11:54:53 PM
snip

Probably just CGI additions. They wouldn't build something that big and not use it.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 05, 2012, 12:18:28 AM
The columns are the exact same (the ones in the background which are actual props). If you're talking about the urn columns then that's probably something that was added later. Not to mention that some of these locations were most probably reused to save time and money.
^^this!

And if anyone is wondering:

^this is the inner of the second door of two to the head room.

Schematics of the exact setup can be seen on the board behind the armless albino Jockey:

zuzuki

zuzuki

well you say it's from the head room, the schematic says the ampoule room so it's bassicallt the same thing, but ikarop posted the picture from the cargobay. when david enters it there are no arches at the door. i get that they re-used the sets but what i'm saying is that this was done either as another room in the temple, or it was a different design to the head room we got in the movie, but they changed it along the way ::)

or i'm thinking too hard and being half asleep at 5 am doesn't help.goodbye forum,hello pillow

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: zuzuki on Oct 05, 2012, 02:39:53 AM
well you say it's from the head room, the schematic says the ampoule room so it's bassicallt the same thing, but ikarop posted the picture from the cargobay. when david enters it there are no arches at the door. i get that they re-used the sets but what i'm saying is that this was done either as another room in the temple, or it was a different design to the head room we got in the movie, but they changed it along the way ::)

or i'm thinking too hard and being half asleep at 5 am doesn't help.goodbye forum,hello pillow
I called it the head room to not confuse it with the cargo room, since both contain ampules.

You might be right here, no one here knows for sure.

But I personally think that this is an image showing the set in a transitional stage between head/cargo room.
Which came first, I do not know.
And maybe they just used parts of the head room with a few stacked ampules as a general layout for filming Fassbender in it and then basically doing the whole room in post production.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed