Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview

Started by ikarop, Oct 01, 2012, 11:13:31 PM

Author
Prometheus H.R. Giger Artwork Preview (Read 45,969 times)

ikarop

Ridley mentions that Giger brought some "interesting" ideas but that he had to move on as there was "no time". Also that Ridley's impression was that Giger was kinda amazed by how fast things were moving with the film.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Looking at the sort of exploration that some of us expected Ridley to accomplish and probably did but seemed to many have turn up a blank in the movie and looking at the modern day movie business, I suppose we should probably be thankful for the movie that we got. It might even be the best scifi movie I've seen and had time to wonder about in a good few years, which might not be saying a lot.

I'm very glad that Giger's work has been shared because it's actually given me something to actually dream about in relation to the Prometheus movie

ThisBethesdaSea

wmmm (Jaime from Facebook), I want to hear your detailed thoughts about Prometheus.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Oct 02, 2012, 02:16:29 PM
wmmm (Jaime from Facebook), I want to hear your detailed thoughts about Prometheus.

Well, it's been quite a conversation killer that's for sure. Maybe I'll have a little more to think about after the Blu-Ray set comes out if ever I get the opportunity to watch it.

ikarop

ikarop

DaddyYautja

That stuff should have been used.
But, again, this was, i guess, "too close" to the original for what they wanted to do.

geiger167

[/quote]
Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 02, 2012, 03:31:40 AM
Just sketches, maybe we will have a Prometheus collection where he'll actually make a series of airbrush paintings like he did for Giger's Alien and Necronomicon.
He doesn't paint anymore so not gonna happen, and why would he waste any more time on a film they clearly had very little intention of using his designs on ?  (I like the film by by the way, but it's Giger-lite, but he got a pay check so good for him)

Negatronix

What a joke. Horrible. There is a serious lack of form in any of that. They should have just stuck with Gigers Alien book, his biomechanoid beings, and pulled from his darker religious works for symbolism, and some of his environment paintings for the architecture.. The film would have had far more meat to chew on.

What they chose works for what it is, and I hate that Im so torn, and bash more than I praise. I guess I expected more in every department.. Hopefully next time.

LarsVader

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Now that's what I'm f**king talking about. Love that first one.

Blacklabel

Quote from: LarsVader on Oct 03, 2012, 12:43:54 AM

...Giger sure made the Alien even more "sexual" :laugh:

ChrisPachi

I might just be being biased, but these have far more of the kind of exotic and bizarre that we have come to expect from creatures in this universe. The deacon just looks like another dime a dozen monster by comparison IMO.

SpeedyMaxx

I personally think that sketch is too close to the alien.

Gash

Gash

It appears that the much critisised Deacon head shape originated with Giger.

The Necronoir

Quote from: Gash on Oct 03, 2012, 11:10:13 AM
It appears that the much critisised Deacon head shape originated with Giger.
I don't think the shape has been the subject of criticism, so much as the featureless and fleshy nature of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed