Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 84,489 times)

Darth Vile

Quote from: Alienseseses on Sep 20, 2012, 06:02:52 PM
I think that had that scene alone been part of the finished film, it would have had a better reaction overall. The main complain I see is "The climax is rushed." In theaters I was fine with this, but our opinions of movies are always heavily influenced by the ending, and this ending is simply stronger. The Engineer sees the signal-video they've been sending. Payoff. He seems fascinated by the ship's design, eg. the chandelier. More payoff- the creator seeing the results of his creation. And finally you have Shaw staring down God, the thing she cares about most.

The fight itself, eh, you can keep that short. It's the buildup I wish had stayed in.
I like the build up too... The problem I think is that what we get in the deleted scene doesn't really make the engineers seem more scary or more enigmatic (IMHO). The fact that the chase/fight is longer makes the engineer seem more sensless/bruitish IMHO, because logic dictates that if this is a highly evolved creature he'd have thought more about what he was doing - rather than just mindlessly chasing Shaw all over the ship. If it was a xeno then fine... but this is a 'God'.

Alienseseses

That's why the build-up works so well- he walks in calmly, surveys his surroundings, actually seems to be interested in what he sees, and when he sees her, you can tell he's not lashing out because Grrrr Monster Argh- there's clearly something going on in his mind.

Darth Vile

Quote from: Alienseseses on Sep 20, 2012, 07:22:53 PM
That's why the build-up works so well- he walks in calmly, surveys his surroundings, actually seems to be interested in what he sees, and when he sees her, you can tell he's not lashing out because Grrrr Monster Argh- there's clearly something going on in his mind.

I can't see that... I just see more of the giant carrot man from The Thing From Another World and or Boris Karloff's monster.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Darth Vile on Sep 20, 2012, 09:32:17 PM

I can't see that... I just see more of the giant carrot man from The Thing From Another World and or Boris Karloff's monster.

And in the first two Karloff Frankenstein films, there was something going on his mind.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Sep 20, 2012, 05:02:00 PM
Ridley Scott chose the action way out as opposed to a steady and quiet tone, which would have served the audience better.

Bethesda, I actually...

Spoiler
...agree with you.
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

First BANE agrees with me.

Now we agree with Bethesda.

The end is nigh.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 21, 2012, 12:09:56 AM
First BANE agrees with me.

Now we agree with Bethesda.

The end is nigh.

Jupiter is already hightailing it out of the solar system as we speak.

Local Trouble

Hang on.  So LV-233 and LV-426 are both in the Zeta 2 Reticuli star system?

MrSpaceJockey

They orbit the same ringed planet, I believe.

bleau

bleau

I agree here as well. We see a lot more of the engineer and to me it is a good thing imo. I think it is good to warm up to the engineer now, because I'm sure we'll see a lot more of them in the sequel interacting and doing more possibly.

Thought Engineer's were portrayed well in all cut footage.

Xenoligiost

Does buying it on VUDU allow me to actually download it or do i have to stream it?

SM

SM

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 21, 2012, 02:14:39 AM

I guess Z2R moved about 4 light years further away, and the gas giant gained another moon (and on that moon was the Derelict) in the intervening 30 years.

And WY and the ECA chose a much more difficult planet to terraform...

DaddyYautja

Quote from: RaisingCane on Sep 21, 2012, 02:14:39 AM

fiveways

fiveways

Since he was ordered to wipe out humanity 2000 years ago maybe that lash out was in fear.  Fear that the children might be almost on par technologically with his own race.  He sees what we are capable of, so maybe he is starting to imagine the weapons we have developed over the last 2000 years.

Maybe that evolution was what he was sent to earth to purposely disrupt.  Seeing his failure the backlash is in pure rage.

SpeedyMaxx

I am no scientist - clearly - but I always assumed 223 was in the same system as 426.

Why they didn't terraform 223 is a good question, but maybe the intervening events of Prometheus (the death of all hands, including Weyland and daughter, and whatever scant information returns to Earth) and/or subsequent sequels could explain it.  Or maybe they did and we just don't know it.

As for the Engineer, I inferred from the film that his mission had been to head to Earth and cleanse the planet and that, yes, he was outraged by the evolution of a species which, I suspected, was never intended to get that far before being harvested.  When he saw humans had infiltrated his installation, he was infuriated; he attacks them, then gets ready to head off and complete the mission.  As Scott said about the derelict in Alien over the course of so many interviews and commentaries over the years, the juggernaut is a bomber and the Engineer/jockey its pilot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed