Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images

Started by ikarop, Sep 18, 2012, 05:52:04 AM

Author
Prometheus Deleted Scenes Images (Read 85,286 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

It would seem Prometheus 2 has been greenlit, Ive seen this quote banded around several websites now...

"Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RoaryUK on Sep 19, 2012, 05:28:04 AM
It would seem Prometheus 2 has been greenlit, Ive seen this quote banded around several websites now...

"Ridley is incredibly excited about the movie, but we have to get it right. We can't rush it," says Fox president of production Emma Watts
They're not gonna get it right. Development hell, ahoy.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 19, 2012, 05:27:35 AM
So pocky or rubles then?
What do you have against yan-yan, you bastard?

SpeedyMaxx

Also, Prometheus was the hopeful franchise re-starter.  If it had bombed, they would not be pursuing the follow-up.  It did what it was asked to do commercially, which is why Watts has confirmed they're in active development.  Same thing happened with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, although that was a much more impressive blow-out with a lower budget and lower-profile cast - it was a sleeper hit, not expected to be a big summer movie.  The result, however, was the same; it revived that dying franchise.  Which is why they are mentioned side by side in the same article.

I know how you can still win this debate, Cvalda - ask me for its naturalized birth certificate and three forms of government ID.

Blacklabel

eh. Robert Rodriguez has a funny way of going about producing films due to the insane number of projects he has in his hands.. the Sin City sequel is being filmed this year... and the original came out in 2005... we'll inevitably see another Predator film.... it'll just take a few more years. :P

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Marlowe on Sep 19, 2012, 05:26:10 AM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 19, 2012, 05:10:39 AM
Quote from: Marlowe on Sep 19, 2012, 05:09:03 AM
People, that fight scene with the engineer and the scientist could not enter at the movie. The explanation is obvious, and would be a total lack of direction.
In one scene ...We saw the alien-human overpowering and bursting the entire crew in less than 15 seconds.

And then there appears this scene with the scientist doing a hard game with him?

The scene was well done? Yes.
But it is not credible for the context of the story.

Only to remind.The engineer pulls the neck of David mercilessly and effortlessly. And when the doctor arrives, he scored some brownie points to her. It doesn't make sense to me.
Thereafter the public complains about lack of judgment of the director ...He did it right in my opinion.

You've just missed a very important part of both scenes then.

Not it all.
Only I will not be defending these deleted scenes as if they were saving the gaps in the film.
I Like the movie with their holes xD
It's what I chose to believe!! ^^

Watch the deleted scenes again.

The Engineer only attacks after seeing how Shaw is treated.  He had the opportunity to kill Shaw right then and there but doesn't.  His behaviour when he steps into the lifeboat doesn't exactly seem like the behaviour of somebody on the hunt and ready to kill.  There's an ambiguity you missed.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm afraid I don't know what yan-yan is.  Oh, wait!  Yes, I do!  Delicious!  Yan-yan it is.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 19, 2012, 05:31:13 AM
Also, Prometheus was the hopeful franchise re-starter.  If it had bombed, they would not be pursuing the follow-up.  It did what it was asked to do commercially, which is why Watts has confirmed they're in active development.  Same thing happened with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, although that was a much more impressive blow-out with a lower budget and lower-profile cast - it was a sleeper hit, not expected to be a big summer movie.  The result, however, was the same; it revived that dying franchise.  Which is why they are mentioned side by side in the same article.

I know how you can still win this debate, Cvalda - ask me for its naturalized birth certificate and three forms of government ID.

Just checking before I dive in here....but are you suggesting Prometheus is a potential reboot????

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 19, 2012, 05:31:20 AM
eh. Robert Rodriguez has a funny way of going about producing films due to the insane number of projects he has in his hands.. the Sin City sequel is being filmed this year... and the original came out in 2005... we'll inevitably see another Predator film.... it'll just take a few more years. :P
You keep tellin' yourself that. ;) For something that only had a $40 million budget and made roughly $137 worldwide, tripling it's budget (which Prometheus failed to do), no one at Fox seems to care much.

But apparently a mega-expensive film with a $200 million plus budget w/advertising that doesn't even have that level of profit is apparently seriously being fast-tracked for another $200 million plus budget sequel that would maybe lose money.

Keep dreaming, boys.

whiterabbit

The studio probably cut out some parts to help spur dvd sales from people north of 55...  :laugh:

I don't see how the engineer was overpowered. He did seem to be having a moments thought watching the transmission and even took notice of the chandelier. Also remember that this Engineer is possibly millions of years above us. Weyland may have thought himself to be a god but the engineer may have thought of us no different than how we think of apes. It's clear he could have killed Shaw instantly but it looked more like he was trying to capture her. He takes several ax chops to the knees and gut. Also remember that is a future space ax, it must have been sharp as hell. :)

ShadowPred

I would also like to say, for the peeps who keep giving out them who would win "Pred or Engineer?!" the answer is now obvious to all.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm not suggesting that; that's what it was.  That was the tack they took with it from the day it was first announced, when they first tried to talk to Scott and Cameron years ago, then went to Carl Rinsch, and so on.  That was their moonshot to try and bring the franchise out of the AVP doldrums.  It ballooned into quite a different beast over time, and obviously YMMV on the film's quality, but they did clear the finish line for what they were aiming to do and are, according to Fox, proceeding apace.

It helps, I think, that Prometheus revealed itself to be this sweeping cosmic macro-saga to which the Alien franchise is actually kind of a side story.  That both delineates the two stories and also allows anyone to take the future films anywhere, without having to necessarily get bogged down in AVP or whatever again.  I like the shift in focus because it is something new.  I think the franchise died for awhile because a lot of people had no idea how to make another movie either without Ripley or without the same premise of 'alien eats people in space.'  They were trading mostly on the tropes of the first two films.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 19, 2012, 05:36:54 AM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 19, 2012, 05:31:20 AM
You keep tellin' yourself that. ;)

I'm gonna save this comment.. and then i'll bring it out when the inevitable sequel happens.

:laugh:

It might take 10 years, but it will happen damnit! ;)

lulz

Alienseseses

I do still really like the theatrical cut. Always have.

The thing about the deleted scenes is that while they should have been left in, they were technically cuttable. The Janek-Vickers scene, for instance, is a nice character moment but ultimately isn't essential to the plot. Still, they add so much. The Engineer comes across less like an insane berserker and more like an intelligent being with curiosity. The characters have more depth in general, and the pacing is more thought-out.

I hope there is an EC one day, and I wouldn't put it past Ridley.

Marlowe

Marlowe

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 19, 2012, 05:31:13 AM

They'll have to change the strategy for the second part if they want to release the film , and have the same success that it had Prometheus.
Especially in terms of global reach.Since this is the slice that is saving the grossing film.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 19, 2012, 05:41:00 AM
I'm gonna save this comment.. and then i'll bring it out when the inevitable sequel happens.

:laugh:

It might take 10 years, but it will happen damnit! ;)

lulz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycbgHM1mI0k#

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed