Any sign that this is a sequel of AVP?

Started by luispaulo53, Aug 25, 2007, 09:34:46 PM

Author
Any sign that this is a sequel of AVP? (Read 1,972 times)

luispaulo53

First I thought the ship crashing on earth was the same as AVP, it isn't. So, anything? Weyland's disappearance, Lex cameo, Antarctica explosion, pyramids... anything?

Gates

Ummm...the predalien...

Dusk

Quote from: Gates on Aug 25, 2007, 09:35:36 PM
Ummm...the predalien...

Not necessarily. We know the ship that crashes carries Facehuggers. So if there are any Predator survivers, well, you can do the math.

Anomaly

One of the things im hoping this film does is be able to bypass that film and give us the real avp.

Gates

Quote from: Dusk on Aug 25, 2007, 09:38:34 PM
Quote from: Gates on Aug 25, 2007, 09:35:36 PM
Ummm...the predalien...

Not necessarily. We know the ship that crashes carries Facehuggers. So if there are any Predator survivers, well, you can do the math.

Yes but even if it isn't the same predalien...it still counts as an indirect connection to the first one...

uhhhhh

Quote from: Anomaly on Aug 25, 2007, 09:39:53 PM
One of the things im hoping this film does is be able to bypass that film and give us the real avp.

True, AVP movies should not be direct sequels, but totally different variations on a theme, akin to James Bond movies.  Predator should be the same way.  Only thing that needs a continual story, and can support one, is Alien, and I think the fifth should be the last, or at the most the sixth.

Anomaly

Anomaly

The events of avp were so non consequential only indirect connections could occur, such as Weyland industries stock rising heh.

EDIT: or plummeting.. hmm.

Gates

Quote from: Anomaly on Aug 25, 2007, 09:44:55 PM
The events of avp were so non consequential only indirect connections could occur, such as Weyland industries stock rising heh.

EDIT: or plummeting.. hmm.

Exactly my point...even if lets say some high rank military characters are discussing the situation and they simply mention Antarctica in a passing conversation, that would be enough of a connection to make this film tie into the first...as unfortunate as that is that it has to tie in...

Anomaly

Anomaly

Indeed, and even then, antarctica location is a sinkhole... not much info there assuming Ms Woods hasnt returned. Or say it was the same ship from the end of avp that crash landed, theres no temple glyphs to read to tell the story about what happened, and predators sure arent gonna sit down and tell the story. They just mishandled their cargo. Easy.

pred_alien

Quote from: Anomaly on Aug 25, 2007, 10:11:27 PM
Indeed, and even then, antarctica location is a sinkhole... not much info there assuming Ms Woods hasnt returned. Or say it was the same ship from the end of avp that crash landed, theres no temple glyphs to read to tell the story about what happened, and predators sure arent gonna sit down and tell the story. They just mishandled their cargo. Easy.

that would be funny if the people from weyland find lex...but they dont want her to tell anyone about what she saw so they blast her head of with a shotgun and leave her in antarctica

echobbase79

i'm guessing it will stand on it own. i don't think there will be any ties to the first film. like someone said probably a good thing.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

just because its a sequel dosnt mean it has to take place right after the last film. Like Predator 2

Docta Jekyll

"One of the things im hoping this film does is be able to bypass that film and give us the real avp."

agreed

I say that it shouldn't have any ties to the first, at all, since its not the same ship from AVP, its probably a whole new predalien, on a whole new ship, thats confirmed to have an 'altar bed' and look thats been redesigned from AVP

so yeah, this film should ignore the first completely, and stand on its own, as far as I'm concerned, this is the first real Alien vs Predator film

pred_alien

Quote from: Docta Jekyll on Aug 25, 2007, 11:13:37 PM
as far as I'm concerned, this is the first real Alien vs Predator film

seconded

arnold23

the only tie I could see, from the first one, is the throwing dagger the scar had.

Also, you see face huggers leaving the wrecked ship, in AVP it was born from scar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed