Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes

Started by Keyes, Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes (Read 26,196 times)

T Dog

Quote from: zuzuki on Sep 09, 2012, 04:36:08 AM
The recently leaked version is the theatrical cut, no extra scenes

leaked version? is there a dvd/blu ray rip up somewhere?

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..just go to piratebay.

The sound is bloody awful though.. they used the sound of a cam rip.

T Dog

I can't, my country has blocked the pirate bay.
And I don't really want to see it again with bad sound.

Highland

Blu ray, big tv, big sound is the only way to watch this movie IMO. The spectacle is one of the main draw cards.

T Dog

I think I just want to see the deleted scenes.

I was watching a few clips there on youtube.
Shaw is a f**king moron and annoying to boot.
Not sure I can sit through it again.

xdH72bb

The realities of digital VFX production heavy movies make an extended cut (unless it is planned for from the beginning) unlikely. Usually as soon as a shot is dropped from the cut, work on it is being stopped immediately. The only reason we got to see some stills of the CG creature of the Fifield attack is that apparently the decision to go for the practical one was made rather late.
Usually in the facilities, since disk space is always an issue, things get archived soon after the project is completed. So while it is perfectly possible to go back to the archives and finish shots that were dropped early on, it happens rarely.

So, if we do see an extended cut, it would most likely only envolve less vfx heavy, dialogue scenes...

ikarop

Fox just emailed us confirming that the run time in the iTunes screen grab is incorrect. The run time for Prometheus is 2:04:02.

Mr. Clemens

Well, there we are. A bummer, but luckily, I'm one of those who enjoyed the film in the first place.  :)

Master

that was expected. They have to sell this film twice :P

Cvalda

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 10, 2012, 09:09:47 PM
Fox just emailed us confirming that the run time in the iTunes screen grab is incorrect. The run time for Prometheus is 2:04:02.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Master on Sep 10, 2012, 09:22:51 PM
that was expected. They have to sell this film twice :P

Actually, Fox have never once sold us a new 'Special Edition' of a film in a given format using deleted footage that we already have in that format. The Director's Cut of Alien had some alternate takes of the deleted scenes we'd already seen, along with all-new footage. The closest you could say would be having the Special Edition of Aliens rereleased in the Quadrilogy box, but that hardly counts because within that box we also got Alien: DC, Alien3: AC, and AR: SE.

If Fox does want to sell us an extended cut down the line, it'll have all-new footage cut into it - they can't simply sell us the fan edit that we all know will be online within a week of 10.11.12.

SpeedyMaxx

I seem to recall Fox and Cameron getting a lot of mileage out of packaging the deleted scenes/extended version of Aliens a zillion different ways before the Anthology/Quadrilogy just lobbed it on there.  But I remember the early '90s when those scenes were still vaguely mythical if you didn't have a laserdisc or whatever.  "Oooh, the scene about Ripley's daughter!  Oooh, Newt's parents!"

And yes, they can sell an extended cut of Prometheus.  A lot more consumers will just go out and buy the legit extension if it's released as opposed to living on the Internet for a fan edit.  I wish they'd just bundle the theatrical and an extended now.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Sep 11, 2012, 07:23:52 AM
I seem to recall Fox and Cameron getting a lot of mileage out of packaging the deleted scenes/extended version of Aliens a zillion different ways before the Anthology/Quadrilogy just lobbed it on there.

Those new scenes in Aliens first debuted on the Special Edition laserdisc - they were never available on their own first.

fiveways

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 11, 2012, 10:52:31 AM
I seem to recall Fox and Cameron getting a lot of mileage out of packaging the deleted scenes/extended version of Aliens a zillion different ways before the Anthology/Quadrilogy just lobbed it on there.

Those new scenes in Aliens first debuted on the Special Edition laserdisc - they were never available on their own first.

I have a clear memory of the sentry guns being in the CBS network tv debut of aliens and me losing my shit as a child as it was a new scene not on the VHS.

This must have been like 1987.

echobbase79

Quote from: fiveways on Sep 17, 2012, 06:59:18 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Sep 11, 2012, 10:52:31 AM

I have a clear memory of the sentry guns being in the CBS network tv debut of aliens and me losing my shit as a child as it was a new scene not on the VHS.

This must have been like 1987.

I remember seeing that same broadcast.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed