Alien Sound Effects

Started by RidgeTop, Aug 25, 2007, 06:15:38 PM

Author
Alien Sound Effects (Read 5,732 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Ok, so the Alien sound effects in the first AVP were mostly altered pig squeels, which I actually thought were ok.  it seems from the trailer they will be using/altering the Alien sounds from "Aliens"  What do you think? or maybe they just used those Aliens sound effects for the trailer and plan on making a completly new bunch of sounds?

Huol

Huol

The aliens in AVP where retarded.
They squealed constantly.
It made them sound like they where constantly in pain... it was horrible.

No Tail

No Tail

Quote from: Huol on Aug 25, 2007, 06:34:26 PM
The aliens in AVP where retarded.
They squealed constantly.
It made them sound like they where constantly in pain... it was horrible.

They were,
"Why!? Why do I have to be in this turd of a movie!" they squealed

But I'm glad the sounds from the 2nd Alien made it in there, that sound makes them more vicious IMO.  As for any new alien sounds, I wouldn't doubt it, and if there are they'll sound better than any AVP sound.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

So guys what do you think about the sounds of aliens in general?

Tundro

Tundro

I don't know about you but when I hear that iconic high pitched squeal it throws me back to Cameron's film and the sheer numbers of aliens the marines had to deal with.  That sound is just as iconic to us as fans as Darth Vader's breathing is Star Wars.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Yeah when I heard that squeal in the trailer I was like wait a second, and got all tingly. Then I knew the directors really cared and wern't screwing this up. 

gameoverman

gameoverman

Are you talking about the sounds of aliens in AVPR or in all the movies?

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Avpr

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

I'm glad there are no roars like in avp or alien resurrection. That was lame as f**k. Good choice to go with the "Aliens" sounds. I like the hive design as well, seems like they replicated it quite well, i hated how it looked in alien resurrection. Even in the first avp it wasn't too great.

NintendoMan

NintendoMan

Quote from: Tundro on Oct 20, 2007, 02:11:36 AM
I don't know about you but when I hear that iconic high pitched squeal it throws me back to Cameron's film and the sheer numbers of aliens the marines had to deal with.  That sound is just as iconic to us as fans as Darth Vader's breathing is Star Wars.

dead-set right on the money!!!!
it brought back memories  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It made the alien to me respectable again. At least the bio-mech design is sort of coming back slowly, don't know, but the tubing kike neck is making me believe this.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I think the original alien had the best scream.  But the Aliens elephant squeal is pretty memorable.   

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: gameoverman on Oct 21, 2007, 01:14:43 PM
I think the original alien had the best scream.  But the Aliens elephant squeal is pretty memorable.   

lol  yes.   it's my favorite.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Having sounds from Aliens will help to make this movie seem familiar. It will help remind us of how menicing the Alien really is. Something that was missing from the 1st film.

P.S. I don't like to think of the 1st film as the original. An original is suppose to be worth more and establish rules. Since the 1st film already had "rules" in place, all that was needed was a good story. Anderson decieded to make up his own. Maybe Paul Anderson should have imagined being chest-bursted. Then, he should have impregnated that fear and anticipation into the film.

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Well the original alien scream was funky, but exotic. I like the Alien's screeches better IMO, but Alien is tied with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed