Favourite Predator Weapon?

Started by Dekapitator, Jan 27, 2007, 05:48:43 PM

What's your favorite Predator weapon?

Wristblades (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
292 (41.2%)
Shoulder Cannon (P1/P2/AvP/AvPR/Predators)
164 (23.1%)
Combstick (P2)
62 (8.7%)
Speargun (P2)
10 (1.4%)
Netgun (P2)
27 (3.8%)
Disc (P2)
66 (9.3%)
Shuriken (AvP/AvPR)
39 (5.5%)
Wrist gauntlet projectile (P2)
3 (0.4%)
Self-destruct device (P1/P2/AvP)
13 (1.8%)
Whip (AVPR)
27 (3.8%)
Laser Mines (AvPR)
0 (0%)
Power Glove (AvPR)
6 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 644

Author
Favourite Predator Weapon? (Read 84,977 times)

yautjapet

yautjapet

Definitely the wristblades, I like how they're essentially an extension of a predator's arm and movements. Though I also like the disc and shuriken, how they're thrown. 

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRanger

I think the net gun is horrifying ... the way the steel cables tighten and cut into the skin.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Compiled a list of the best weapons here (including some from the games):
https://www.avpcentral.com/top-10-predator-weapons

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I loved the whip. And the pistol. Think the pistol configuration of the shoulder canon in AvPR might actually be my favourite design. Nice list, Wweyland.

The Old One

The Old One

In no particular order, Whip, Wristblades, Glaive, Maul, Combistick, Netgun, Disc, Plasma Caster.

I'd like to see a Maul and a Whip in a good film, I liked Wolf using the Plasma Caster's concussive force to knock the Drones into the laser mines too.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2018, 08:16:41 AM
I loved the whip. And the pistol. Think the pistol configuration of the shoulder canon in AvPR might actually be my favourite design. Nice list, Wweyland.
Thanks. The weapons have gone more fancier and flashier with each movie. Hopefully, The Predator goes back to the roots which more simpler weapons (although they are using the Shuriken again).

Master

Master

We already had simpler weapons in Ps. I'm hoping for some new toys in this one.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Jul 31, 2018, 11:22:00 AM
We already had simpler weapons in Ps. I'm hoping for some new toys in this one.

I agree, part of the appeal for me was in the pred tech, represented among other stuff by their weapons

Wweyland

Wweyland

The problem with the newer stuff compared to the first movie is they often leave a lot of evidence behind. Somebody is going to have a field day studying all the nets, spear tips, shurikens, etc. left behind. Maybe the Predators just don't care anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

If they take the time to retrieve them it doesn't matter.
Even in terms of the wounds they leave they're far less suspect than the Plasma Caster's cauterization.

Wweyland

Wweyland

They can always hope for a Wolf like character to clean their mess up later.

Master

Master

Oh no please not Wolf like. In such case People will have more tech then before.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed