New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 57,173 times)

Enigma

Enigma

A spitter, a crusher, a Lurker... Wow! This will be the best L4D-mod ever!

...wait, are you telling me this is an Aliens game?

Actually I'm really looking forward to this game, it's just that the alien classes feels of. Every time we've seen multiple aliens in a movie they've been of the same breed. the predalien, the runner and the newborn are all unique (and fairly uninteresting) creatures. I'd rather see them in the single player/coop -campaign as "bosses" than playable characters in multiplayer. there you'll be facing them every single time... not very unique any more.

Just my thoughts

Njm1983

Njm1983

Thinking about the "escape" mode and how there's objectives for the marines... I'm kinda hoping the objectives randomly change each time the maps loads up.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Based on a video interview, theyve stated welding doors, hacking terminals , turning on the power, ....wonder if they're any more??

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 03, 2012, 02:03:22 PM
Thinking about the "escape" mode and how there's objectives for the marines... I'm kinda hoping the objectives randomly change each time the maps loads up.

Njm1983

Njm1983

I'm hoping its randomly generated though. So that the same map has different combinations of objectives each time through.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

I wouldn't expect something like that, but it's possible.  I'll be happy if they have enough good colony maps with at least one objective to move to.  Maybe they'll have weldable doors to determine the breaks between areas in Escape mode, like a safe room sort of deal where you can weld the door and re-arm before moving on?

But... if there's weldable doors, does that mean aliens can break through or open them when they're not welded?  If I can ram a door as an alien, I will be willing to overlook much of what has been witnessed during this difficult production. :laugh:

If maps suck, multiplayer game life probably suck :(.  Killed AvP 2010, even before the DLC had a chance to really kick in.  I thought some of the DLC maps were great, but just too little too late, and SEGA didn't help things.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I think the point of the weldable doors was to reenact those scenes iin Aliens where doors were locked and they had to get through  or welded shut so the simple task of opening these hulking doors proved impossible. Lots of people think, well couldnt the aliens just break them.

Logic tells you, "then why not make those doors out of ply wood".
The only thing that could possibly break them would be the crusher.

all in all who cares?

my point is... shabang a bang.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well said, Mr. Tyson.

Personally, I liked this trailer quite a bit.

More of this is what I want in my Colonial Marines. Frantic team work scenarios. It's something the ALIENS games have needed more of. That sense of being these marines in survival situations.

SM

SM

QuoteBut... if there's weldable doors, does that mean aliens can break through or open them when they're not welded?

In the film it seemed that any door was 'weldable'.  And those that weren't opened via motion sensors.  Except when there's no power and they need to be manually slid open.

Apex

Apex

Quote from: Enigma on Sep 03, 2012, 09:55:14 AM

This, the Mode in AVP2, I forget what it's called, and VS Mode in L4D, but I'm not bothered by it. It's a fun game mode, and I am looking forward to it in ACM. Also, I'm happy that they have multiple classes of Xenos. More dynamic gameplay.

Enigma

Enigma

Quote from: Apex on Sep 05, 2012, 11:27:13 PM

This, the Mode in AVP2, I forget what it's called, and VS Mode in L4D, but I'm not bothered by it. It's a fun game mode, and I am looking forward to it in ACM. Also, I'm happy that they have multiple classes of Xenos. More dynamic gameplay.

Oh, I'm all for dynamic game play, and from that point of view I can appreciate that they put in different classes. My grief lies in all this talk about the game being cannon. It's been discused alot as it is, but when they invent new breeds of aliens, purely for the ballance of the game or to sell the game to L4D players... and not for the sake of the story... then...I'm not really interested.

If they manage to incorporate the new breeds in the story, in an interesting way, then I'm all for it

scm

scm

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 04, 2012, 03:59:17 AM
I'm hoping its randomly generated though. So that the same map has different combinations of objectives each time through.
kinda like no more room in hell? At least broadway?

predxeno

predxeno

I believe it's Evacuation.

Apex

Apex

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 07, 2012, 03:42:17 PM

I believe it's Evacuation.
Thank you.

predxeno

predxeno

You're welcome, also why would you be bothered by this game mode? ???  I loved this in AVP2.

Apex

Apex

Quote from: predxeno on Sep 07, 2012, 06:11:25 PM
You're welcome, also why would you be bothered by this game mode? ???  I loved this in AVP2.

I'm not, I was just saying that in reply to Enigma who I thought was annoyed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed