New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 57,787 times)

Predaker

Predaker

@1:19

Marine: "Aww sh*t!"

;)

predxeno

predxeno

Looks like the Escape MP mode is just like the Evacuation mode for AVP2 in which case, it's going to be AWESOME!!!!  One of the greatest disappointments that AVP2010 had for me is the lack of an Evacuation mode for multiplayer, I never thought I'd ever be able to play this awesome mode again and I am so glad Gearbox has fixed this.  Now, I just need an AVP2 Survivor/AVP2010 Infestation mode and I'd be set. :)

vehtam

vehtam

OMG, there's human skull under the dome :O

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

I thought this trailer was more about the different type of xeno's , then a new game mode.  I am confused about it. It needs to have a commentary version, with developers talking about it.

EX: Is there no re-spawning ? Last one standing , makes it out.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Aug 30, 2012, 03:52:19 PM
I thought this trailer was more about the different type of xeno's , then a new game mode.  I am confused about it. It's to have a commentary version, with developers talking about it.

It's playable at PAX this weekend so I'm sure we'll hear more about it then.

Razz

Razz

Looks very good, this is more like it. :)

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 30, 2012, 02:56:27 PM
Whose Kane's son?

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 30, 2012, 01:51:30 PM
Kane's son's face looks great. Like actually accurate.

And game looks a bit more cleaned up than the other trailers portray.  :)

You win this round, Gearbox.

The alien from alien 1979

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Stringer2355 on Aug 30, 2012, 03:52:19 PM
I thought this trailer was more about the different type of xeno's , then a new game mode.  I am confused about it. It needs to have a commentary version, with developers talking about it.

I'm guessing Gearbox based this game mode under Evacuation from AVP2, the mechanics are this: usually there are more humans than Aliens but the Aliens can respawn, when the humans die they respawn as Aliens.  All the surviving humans have to reach the Evac point and stay there for 10 seconds and they have to survive standing there in order to win or they could wipe out the remaining number of lives that the Alien players have.

DRAKE M.

DRAKE M.

Graphics are terrible....at least 5 years behind.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Dude...this looks...really badass.

Nightlord

Nightlord

So this is basically evac mode from AvP2 right?
Never got to play that mode but heard good things about it and this looks set to deliver.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

And the Spitter? Awesome. I love the big acid sacs on the sides of his head.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 04:34:02 PM

Bull. I hate when people make egregious remarks like that. You're looking at a blurry video, from a game that isn't even finished yet. I don't get it.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Remonster on Aug 30, 2012, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 04:34:02 PM

Bull. I hate when people make egregious remarks like that. You're looking at a blurry video, from a game that isn't even finished yet. I don't get it.

Agreed.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I really like how Escape mode is objective based. That's exactly what the Infestation and Predator Hunt modes needed to be in AVP. BUT, it's only 4 vs. 4? WTF?! >:(

I also want to know why in the hell the Lurker (which appears to be the Alien from the original film) is "the fastest in agility"? Where's the f**king Runner? I suppose it's not going to be in the game. Which would be stupid.

The Spitter looks ridiculous and is completely unnecessary when it's primary function is something the others have already demonstrated to have. What's next? The Praetorian? *facepalm*

I'm still very unhappy with Alien players being relegated to 3rd person. Gearbox should at least give us a f**king option. And of course, they're still too small, they're all using quadrupedal movement, their animations need improving, the weapon sfx are all wrong, the Pulse Rifle is firing tracers, etc., etc.

The sad thing about all this is the praise Randy and his team are giving themselves about making "the most authentic Aliens experience yet" could still very well be true. lol *sigh* That's simultaneously hilarious and depressing.

Quote from: Nightlord on Aug 30, 2012, 05:02:45 PM
So this is basically evac mode from AvP2 right?
Never got to play that mode but heard good things about it and this looks set to deliver.
Evac mode was epic. Good times, good times. :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed