Another shot of Weta's Fifield

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Author
Another shot of Weta's Fifield (Read 29,651 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Could've still made a better make-up design.

Gash

Gash

The design isn't too bad, the milky eye under a translucent shell is effective (the other eye less so) but the worry with CGI is movement. Even in the Weta still the tongue and teeth have that "I am Legend' look, so in that regard a guy in prosthetic make-up is preferable.

The problem with the scene is more to do with the fact that it takes place just after the editing of the film goes all minimalist.

maledoro

maledoro

I've seen her at Walmart.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Aug 29, 2012, 07:06:36 PMThe problem with the scene is more to do with the fact that it takes place just after the editing of the film goes all minimalist.

And that it has no purpose whatsoever. A balls-out monster might of lifted the scene a bit.

Gash

Gash

Well. it has the purpose of showing that Fifield has been totally f*cked up by his encounter with the black goo. His fate after what happened in the ampule room definitely needed to be seen so the film would be less effective without the scene.

It's starts off well with him in his weird position outside the ramp and is effectively violent, but you just know from trailer stuff that isn't in the final film that the whole scene was planned to be bigger. Janek calls to 'kill everything!' so we might assume the infection is spreading to the anonymous mercenaries and Shaw possibly crushes Fifield to death with the RV. Those extra scenes might have been dependent on the Weta Fifield though.

As it is it comes across as a good scene but at a stage where the flow of the story is suddenly rushed. It has some suspense, but not enough to be as effective as it could have been. IMHO.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Gash on Aug 31, 2012, 05:51:13 PM
As it is it comes across as a good scene but at a stage where the flow of the story is suddenly rushed. It has some suspense, but not enough to be as effective as it could have been. IMHO.

I liked how the scene came right on the heals of the med pod sequence. The pace of those two scenes together was what I would have preferred for the whole last act. No time to catch your breath. Alas ... it just wasn't written that way.

Fifield just happening to show up as the team is about to go the temple with Weyland might have been too little too late and forced.

Him showing up earlier without crossing paths with Shaw and Weyland makes the scene feel more hectic and out of nowhere. Which is more in line with a scene that is dealing with 'side effects' and supporting characters. Plus I like the feeling that all hell is breaking loose inside and outside the ship. Again ... too bad they couldn't continued that feeling.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Gash on Aug 31, 2012, 05:51:13 PMHis fate after what happened in the ampule room definitely needed to be seen so the film would be less effective without the scene.

As the film stands nothing really happened in the ampule room beyond him getting his face burned and falling over. Even when he inexplicably returns to the ship there is not much about him that suggests that anything 'alien' has happened - he still looks like someone who just got burned and fell over (apart from the crazy yoga pose).

If he had returned as a monster it might of been worthwhile IMO.

Naissus

Naissus

In my opinion Fifield should have been a stalker like creature.  Showing up at the worse possible times during the movie to prevent the protagonists from doing what needed to be done.  Each conflict would show a different Fifield mutating into a more lethal creature.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Sep 04, 2012, 02:26:28 PM
Quote from: Gash on Aug 31, 2012, 05:51:13 PMHis fate after what happened in the ampule room definitely needed to be seen so the film would be less effective without the scene.

As the film stands nothing really happened in the ampule room beyond him getting his face burned and falling over. Even when he inexplicably returns to the ship there is not much about him that suggests that anything 'alien' has happened - he still looks like someone who just got burned and fell over (apart from the crazy yoga pose).

If he had returned as a monster it might of been worthwhile IMO.
Long limbs, super strength and the jumping/climbing ability of a large insect don't seem alien to you?

And we do see him fall into the black goo, so...

Darth Vile

Quote from: Naissus on Sep 04, 2012, 02:31:14 PM
In my opinion Fifield should have been a stalker like creature.  Showing up at the worse possible times during the movie to prevent the protagonists from doing what needed to be done.  Each conflict would show a different Fifield mutating into a more lethal creature.

Yep - I could see that being interesting...

dachande95

dachande95

ridley probably just didnt like the look of the scene, maybe it didnt look right im pretty sure i read  somewhere that it didnt look right in motion and ridley always says if you can do it live do it live so that was probably one of the main reasons

i thought the film was perfect the way it was personally im a huge prometheus fan.june 1st 2012 pretty much the most anticapated day of all time for me and prometheus is my favourite film of all time nothing negative to say about it whatsoever

we should be thankful we even get to see this stuff becauase the cinema cut was the ultimate cut of the film  everything else we will get to see (dvd special features) will be awesome and is a gift for the fans  ;D.

Not an incitement for people to moan about stuff

ChrisPachi

Quote from: PROMETHEUS IS AWESOME on Sep 04, 2012, 03:25:58 PMi thought the film was perfect [..] we should be thankful [..] a gift for the fans

Go roll your astro-turf somewhere else Damon. ;)

Kidding. Good on you for loving the film.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Naissus on Sep 04, 2012, 02:31:14 PM

This is... f**king brilliant! Like Nemesis. God this movie whhyyy!?

SpeedyMaxx

I think the Nemesis/Resident Evil comparison is exactly why it'd be silly.  Every time the plot takes a turn, Fifield shows up to smack it back down?  People would be rolling in the aisles and the nerdrage we see in pockets would be even more intense.  It turns into video game logic, which is what Nemesis operated on.

I would've liked more of the Fifield mutant, but him dropping in and out like the ninja from The Pink Panther (who would constantly reappear to attack his boss to 'keep my skills up') would be hilarious.

Naissus

Naissus

I was thinking more like the Alien in Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed