Another shot of Weta's Fifield

Started by MrSpaceJockey, Aug 26, 2012, 11:31:40 PM

Author
Another shot of Weta's Fifield (Read 29,653 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 27, 2012, 02:39:15 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 27, 2012, 02:25:00 PMHis brain was breaking down. Being 're-made'. But his fragmented memories probably propelled him towards the ship ... the closest thing to 'home' the old Fifield knew.

So the alien DNA made him smarter and got him un-lost. Makes perfect sense... :P

Took awhile for the pot to purge from his system. Plus ... who knows what type of newly forming senses he was experiencing. Perhaps a budding xenomorphic instinct.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 27, 2012, 02:37:33 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 27, 2012, 02:31:55 PM
I thought he resembled a hairy pizza with teeth, myself!  :D
Black goo pizza at the Engineer's!

Yep. Pretty much a burn victim with some cranial swelling ... and bad teeth.

Darth Vile

Way too similar to something one would expect to see in The Lord of the Rings. I think a CGI rendered creature would have been much more criticised if it had appeared in the film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Like the Trilobite and the Deacon (which did use animatronics but also used a lot of cgi), then?

Nightmare Asylum

Well, both were criticized (the Deacon in particular). :P

I personally really liked both, however. The Deacon especially.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Aug 27, 2012, 02:44:34 PMTook awhile for the pot to purge from his system.

Alien aggression + good old pot induced paranoia. I will watch the scene again with these things in mind...

Darth Vile

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 27, 2012, 02:47:34 PM
Like the Trilobite and the Deacon (which did use animatronics but also used a lot of cgi), then?
Yes.

Sexy Poot

Very creepy. Very scary. Very unused and very pissed off.

Hybrid King

NECA needs to make a toy of this. I'd also the various conceptual designs of all the critters see the light of day, but that's a pipe dream.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Quote from: Hybrid King on Aug 27, 2012, 06:41:43 PM
NECA needs to make a toy of this. I'd also the various conceptual designs of all the critters see the light of day, but that's a pipe dream.

That's the Kothoga in your avatar, or Predator?

Hybrid King

Hybrid King

Quote from: Zenzucht on Aug 27, 2012, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: Hybrid King on Aug 27, 2012, 06:41:43 PM

That's the Kothoga in your avatar, or Predator?

A triple human/xenomorph/predator cross from some mental AVP comics. The avatar's of the thing that spawns them.

coldbeer

coldbeer

Its better left out. stick to the pratical effets.

samoht

samoht

Why could't they have used this Weta version, but done it with real prosthetics and less CGI? Then everybody is happy.

MrSpaceJockey

The reason the CGI version was cut anyhow - too much detachment from original Fifield, risking confusing the audience, etc.

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 28, 2012, 12:14:00 AM
The reason the CGI version was cut anyhow - too much detachment from original Fifield, risking confusing the audience, etc.

Especially given how they eventually cut up the set piece in the end.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Aug 28, 2012, 12:14:00 AM

Surely a few shots of a tattered space suit could have fixed that. Maybe they could have left the damaged, melted helmet on him... All I know is that I would love to see this version.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed