NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer

Started by ShadowPred, Jul 31, 2012, 07:22:26 AM

Author
NEW Authentic Aliens Trailer (Read 31,643 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

"bad ass" "cool" "awesome" "kick ass"

Somebody confiscate these words from the team, please.

My only real fear is that they fall into the same trap that the first wave of comic book makers fell into; focusing on the gear and guns and "bugs" and not focusing on any survival horror aspects. Some of the character designs look like caricatures of Cameron's grunt in space aesthetic.

SM

SM

Only the first wave?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2012, 10:53:23 PM
Only the first wave?
Well I meant (but didn't articulate) that it all happened from the very first wave, not that only the first wave were guilty of this.

SM

SM

Oh right.

I mean - have you read Xenogenesis.  That was one of the really late ones and whoooo boy did it pong!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

This trailer doesn't really do it for me. Sure I still want to play the game but after some let downs the game isn't really a priority for me anymore. There are bigger fish to catch.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: SM on Aug 02, 2012, 11:14:25 PM
Oh right.

I mean - have you read Xenogenesis.  That was one of the really late ones and whoooo boy did it pong!
:laugh: I well and truly gave up on the EU years ago.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The first wave were decent. They took the effort to mix survival horror and action aspects. Then 'Earth War' kicked in and things went really weird, before a brief respite around the time of that John Bolton comic where the marooned village colony was sacrificing a cloned baby per day to appease the beast threatening them. Then they went strange, again.

There was also an early two-parter which had the art done by Denis Beauvais. Very action-focused (mostly as a result of it originally being published by Dark Horse somewhere as a single page per issue), but had some good atmospheric horror in it. Not 'Book 2', something else. It followed a small group of three Colonial Marines trying to evacuate from an over-run colony.

Same thing with the 'Aliens Versus Predator' comics. The first began as something you could imagine being easily adaptable into a film version, then the sequels just veered off into lots of superficiality and craziness.

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 01, 2012, 03:49:54 PM
They also did Borderlands, which is critically acclaimed.  Duke Nukem wasn't much more than a fan service/fanboy project.  I wouldn't gauge their abilities by that one game.

No, but Pitchford did proclaim the latest sequel to be just like 'Half-Life 2', with not a single note of irony.

Biggles

Biggles

For all the talk of attention to detail, why the needless changes to the Pulse Rifle? Left-side reciprocating cocking handle - weird black lump on the shroud - intrusive (though thankfully improved) iron sights. This is all small stuff I know, but it's symptomatic to me of 'let's make it different/better, just because we can'. Same deal with the aliens. If they're such big Aliens fans, why do the aliens resemble AVP:R examples? Why not simply faithfully reproduce the puppeted version?

None of this little stuff is going to stop me playing, and probably not from enjoying, but I still have to ask 'why'?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Biggles on Aug 03, 2012, 07:36:03 PM
For all the talk of attention to detail, why the needless changes to the Pulse Rifle? Left-side reciprocating cocking handle - weird black lump on the shroud - intrusive (though thankfully improved) iron sights. This is all small stuff I know, but it's symptomatic to me of 'let's make it different/better, just because we can'. Same deal with the aliens. If they're such big Aliens fans, why do the aliens resemble AVP:R examples? Why not simply faithfully reproduce the puppeted version?

None of this little stuff is going to stop me playing, and probably not from enjoying, but I still have to ask 'why'?

You do have a very good point. I would think that the cocking of the pulse rifle is for when you completely expend the ammo, such is the case with Call of Duty. I'd venture to say that if you just want to "Slap it in there", just reload before your completely out. Now, I could be wrong. I see it the same way you do.

D.R.

D.R.

Gearbox... You take feedback seriously? Here's mine.

The aliens in this game do not look like the creatures from the movie, they look like the ones from the AVP games.

If you are going to use a reference, use pictures from behind the scenes of the first two films and nothing else or it is just a watered down copy of a copy.

The marine banter is cheesy and is aimed toward... f it.

Gearbox doesn't get it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

chupacabras acheronsis

the thing that really gets me about the aliens is that it's not a necessarily bad take on them. they just made a series of really off putting decisions.

back tubes are now shoulder tubes. hip bones. huge chest and insect waist. none of these things serve any purpose or look good at all. seriously, i really like these models, i love what was done with the heads, they are the first time aliens look both bio and mechanical in a long time, but why do they have to go out of their way to ruin them like that? are they afraid of people not liking the original design for what it was, that the modern audience will think it's goofy and not as menacing, so they have to make it insanely top heavy and less human?

also either the lightning gets weird on exteriors or they painted them deep blue to save computing resources for consoles. i wish some day we could see them all white and bony, i don't think it detracts from them at all.

The Runner

The Runner

IKR. All they have to do is look at a NECA ALIENS WARRIOR Figure or any other film still from ALIENS, and they're good to go. Those long floppy tubes are horrendous though.

jthuconn

jthuconn

Ikarop, I tried downloading this video but it wasn't available any longer.  Can you repost this one as well for me?  In a medium size livk you did for DD #3?  Thank you so much. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed