Footage from Rezzed Game Show [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2012, 02:09:22 AM

Author
Footage from Rezzed Game Show [Updated] (Read 26,914 times)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: Remonster on Jul 09, 2012, 03:04:17 AM
Guy says to use the Pulse Rifle in corridors and save the shotgun for wide open rooms? Isn't that the opposite of what you should do?
Well his logic seems sound looking at how they function in the game.
The shotgun isn't using slugs so it has a large spread with each shot, so in a corridor with an alien jumping everywhere you'll hit it more. The Pulse Rifle is a rifle really, it shoots out in one direction and you can spray it but it's not that effective if an alien is constantly moving out of a line of fire, so in wide open areas where an alien has less places to avoid fire it's better to use that.
If you could use slugs and get better at spraying yeah, you'd do the opposite.

WinterActual

WinterActual

About the flamer. I noticed that this is the Ripley's PR+FT combo. Just pause the screen when the player is changing weapons at the second load out  ;)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jul 09, 2012, 07:18:40 PM
About the flamer. I noticed that this is the Ripley's PR+FT combo. Just pause the screen when the player is changing weapons at the second load out  ;)

I think that's the SMG actually and what people are seeing as the flames I think is actually the smoke trail from a grenade.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Then why it have gas/fuel tube ?

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Jul 09, 2012, 03:57:57 PM
Quote from: Remonster on Jul 09, 2012, 03:04:17 AM
Guy says to use the Pulse Rifle in corridors and save the shotgun for wide open rooms? Isn't that the opposite of what you should do?
Well his logic seems sound looking at how they function in the game.
The shotgun isn't using slugs so it has a large spread with each shot, so in a corridor with an alien jumping everywhere you'll hit it more. The Pulse Rifle is a rifle really, it shoots out in one direction and you can spray it but it's not that effective if an alien is constantly moving out of a line of fire, so in wide open areas where an alien has less places to avoid fire it's better to use that.
If you could use slugs and get better at spraying yeah, you'd do the opposite.

Yeah.... hence my confusion when he says to use the shotgun in the open areas, but if you're going to be in the corridors that you should use the pulse rifle. What you said makes sense, but it is the opposite of what he said.

Predaker

Predaker

That specific map doesn't have any wide open areas, so I imagine what he meant was shotguns are good for clearing rooms, while the pulse rifle works slightly better for chokepoints/ bottlenecking the aliens in a corridor. (Automatic fire + grenade launcher.)

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Voodoo Actual on Jul 10, 2012, 05:12:14 AM
Then why it have gas/fuel tube ?

You can see it clearer here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3LT5O8vXWU#t=0m27s

It might be a canister for a flamethrower attachment, but it kind of looks like a handle. But it isn't the pulse rifle/flamethrower combo.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Yep, its not :/ This guy picket that load out and it wasn't the pr+ft for sure.

Moosh89

Moosh89

Everytime I see videos like these, I die alittle inside, knowing I can't get my little hands on the glory until February 12, 2013 :'(

I wants to play TOOoo!

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Quote from: Moosh89 on Jul 10, 2012, 08:15:33 PM
Everytime I see videos like these, I die alittle inside, knowing I can't get my little hands on the glory until February 12, 2013 :'(

I wants to play TOOoo!
Too bad the world ends this December.
But I bet they will release the demo sooner or later.

WinterActual

WinterActual

If they ever release a demo it will be a few months after the release.

Corporal Hicks

It's getting samey now. I'd like to see some new maps.

Inverse Effect

Having red dots on the motion tracker still ruins the overall feel of the game to me. Still gonna get it on PC but only if mods are compatable for online play if its user side things like skins and sounds. Seriously why is it so hard for gearbox to change to colour to blue instead of red? it makes it so much more fun having allies and enemies the same colour because a part of you wants to meet up with that little blue dot incase its a lone marine. Yet the other side of you doesn't because it may be a Predator or Alien (Or in this case just an alien)

Now its like you can whip up the motion tracker and instantly know who is an enemy and who isn't. Completely takes away from the imersion.

PVTDukeMorrison

Quote from: Guts on Jul 11, 2012, 09:57:49 PM
Having red dots on the motion tracker still ruins the overall feel of the game to me. Still gonna get it on PC but only if mods are compatable for online play if its user side things like skins and sounds. Seriously why is it so hard for gearbox to change to colour to blue instead of red? it makes it so much more fun having allies and enemies the same colour because a part of you wants to meet up with that little blue dot incase its a lone marine. Yet the other side of you doesn't because it may be a Predator or Alien (Or in this case just an alien)

Now its like you can whip up the motion tracker and instantly know who is an enemy and who isn't. Completely takes away from the imersion.

For all we know it could be an updated motion tracker. If thats the case, I just really hope they implement them both into the game somehow.

Vepariga

Vepariga

That looks great! If only I could get my hands on that demo. Such a long wait,but It looks like it'll be worth it.  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed