Footage from Rezzed Game Show [Updated]

Started by ikarop, Jul 09, 2012, 02:09:22 AM

Author
Footage from Rezzed Game Show [Updated] (Read 26,929 times)

predxeno

predxeno

The Aliens in AVP2010 have more health than in AVP1999, apparently Rebellion traded away some of the Aliens' speed from their first game for more stamina against incoming bullets, plasma shots, and what not; but I your cooldown idea.

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: predxeno on Jul 09, 2012, 04:49:35 AM
The Aliens in AVP2010 have more health than in AVP1999, apparently Rebellion traded away some of the Aliens' speed from their first game for more stamina against incoming bullets, plasma shots, and what not

of course they did, it's impossible to be anywhere as fast with the stick and latency of a console. it would render it unplayable.

WinterActual

WinterActual

The only thing I didn't liked in the trailer is the BIG crosshair. I loved the fact the crosshair is just a dot when the first shown the demo. It was good for the immersion. Now we have a big cross almost like half of the screen :\ I hope I can turn it of. In great number of games I play without one and I don't need it really  :) I saw the red dots too but I got over it. GBX decided they want the red dots, ok then, but lets not ruin other things on the way GBX  ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Aliens don't have any ranged attack, whatsoever. It's as valid a combat option as any other. If you don't want to let them use it, then avoid letting them getting close. :)

Since it's just an attack with a tail, I don't see how a cool down time limit would be realistically justified. It's not as if Aliens would be exhausted by using one or anything. Aliens are meant be deadly and resilient if you let them get up close.

It's like how a lot of people declare 'camping' somehow wrongful, as if ambushing doesn't happen in real life. I recall playing an old game of 'Battlefield Vietnam' and getting kicked off the server, because a couple of players didn't believe I could see their legs sticking out from where they were hiding in some bushes and accused me of cheating, just because I was using common sense to defeat them.

As for the video, I can't help thinking it still looks like a slightly more polished (but more restricted) version of the last AVP game we got.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

yeah, but the tail would have to charge back and coil up before striking. if the claws are swords, the tail would be a lance.

unless the game has different kinds of tail attacks such as an horizontal smack like in Alien, a quick knife-like slash with the tip, a razorwire/chainsaw effect with the spikes by enveloping or bruising, or a full stab/impale for executions. it could depend on charging or button combination, but it should take time.

i'd deffinitely enjoy if the alien had a myriad of different attacks or variations of the attacks, no matter if they are any more useful than the other, just to spice up the multiplayer.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 09, 2012, 04:55:28 AM
Aliens are meant be deadly and resilient if you let them get up close.

Exactly. Its very wrong to think that aliens should be balanced. They are meant to be UNbalanced.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 09, 2012, 04:55:28 AM
Aliens don't have any ranged attack, whatsoever. It's as valid a combat option as any other. If you don't want to let them use it, then avoid letting them getting close. :)

Since it's just an attack with a tail, I don't see how a cool down time limit would be realistically justified. It's not as if Aliens would be exhausted by using one or anything. Aliens are meant be deadly and resilient if you let them get up close.

It's like how a lot of people declare 'camping' somehow wrongful, as if ambushing doesn't happen in real life. I recall playing an old game of 'Battlefield Vietnam' and getting kicked off the server, because a couple of players didn't believe I could see their legs sticking out from where they were hiding in some bushes and accused me of cheating, just because I was using common sense to defeat them.

It's true that a tail attack is a legitimate Alien strategy, but if everyone does it all the time, the game becomes less fun up to the point where nobody plays it at all.  I'm sure we don't want another failure like AVP2010 in that department.

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 09, 2012, 05:05:09 AM
yeah, but the tail would have to charge back and coil up before striking. if the claws are swords, the tail would be a lance.

unless the game has different kinds of tail attacks such as an horizontal smack like in Alien, a quick knife-like slash with the tip, a razorwire/chainsaw effect with the spikes by enveloping or bruising, or a full stab/impale for executions. it could depend on charging or button combination, but it should take time.

AVP2000 and AVP2 had tail attacks that were required charging and coiling before striking, however AVP2010 had a single tail attack where whenever players clung to walls or ceilings or even jumped, they unleashed a tail attack that is just as fast as a claw attack, but more powerful with the added capability of stunning the enemy to create an opening for another attack.

SM

SM

I'd prefer more tail attacks (something we see in the films) than claw slashing attacks (something we don't).

But it's game.  Doesn't have any bearing beyond the game.

chupacabras acheronsis

to be completely honest, i'd replace the clawing attack with grabs and really fast biting.

i'd find it more fun to tear people apart limb by limb than act like a cat. certainly more fearsome.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2012, 02:14:28 AM
"Would you mind not filming the screen?"  :laugh:
Oh, sorry  :laugh:

---

anyhow, what was with that cross above one of the marines's head? was it an indicator of being severely hurt or that the guy is a medic?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Is the pulse rifle sound really off or is it just me?

SM

SM

Not just you.  They lack the squealing flange sound.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

I don't see the acid blood working.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jul 09, 2012, 06:51:58 AM
Is the pulse rifle sound really off or is it just me?
Someone explained you need to upgrade the rifle with high firerate to make it sounds like the original from the movie.

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

"Can you stop filming the screen!?"
"Ahh sorry"
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: SM on Jul 09, 2012, 07:06:10 AM
Not just you.  They lack the squealing flange sound.

Bleh

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Jul 09, 2012, 07:54:07 AM
Someone explained you need to upgrade the rifle with high firerate to make it sounds like the original from the movie.

double bleh!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed