Why do people idolize Wolf so much?

Started by The Runner, Jul 04, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Author
Why do people idolize Wolf so much? (Read 51,523 times)

The Runner

Why is that people don't understand that Wolf is only "elite" and "badass" is because the only 'enemies' he faced were incompetent Cletus-Morphs. Where did people get this from? COuldn't they see that Wolf was beating up mentally-challenged pseudo-aliens.

ShadowPred

Quote from: The Runner on Jul 04, 2012, 10:20:30 PM
Why is that people don't understand that Wolf is only "elite" and "badass" is because the only 'enemies' he faced were incompetent Cletus-Morphs. Where did people get this from? COuldn't they see that Wolf was beating up mentally-challenged pseudo-aliens.

We do understand this.

AcidGlow

He had the highest kill count. ;D

chupacabras acheronsis

because most people didn't really thought about it. i was a thought-less movie, you weren't supposed to think about what was going on. infact, doing so proved to have adverse health effects.

The Runner

Quote from: AcidGlow on Jul 04, 2012, 10:29:11 PM

He had the highest kill count. ;D
http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/wolf-predator.jpg

Shame the Cletus-morphs looked nothing like their normal brethren lightyears away.

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jul 04, 2012, 10:35:07 PM
because most people didn't really thought about it. i was a thought-less movie, you weren't supposed to think about what was going on. infact, doing so proved to have adverse health effects.

Lmao!

Mr. Black

Amazing the movie has been out for over 4 years and still can feel the sting from it.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Some do and some simply don't want too. You have to understand the psychology of some predator fans. It all stems from their childhood; when they were kids they watched predator movies and as little boys; what do they like? Cool shit. And there is nothing cooler then the predator: he's got cool weapons, cool vision modes, cool dreads, able to turn invisible, his blood even glows. Everything about the predator just screams cool. In fact if you were to go around asking people what they would rather be: an alien or a predator, most would probably say predator. So what happens when you take a super cool creature like the predator and pit him against a creature that isn't 1/10th as cool as him? They scoff at the idea. "Bah! Aliens stand no chance, what can they do? Predators have all those gadgets and weapons, Predators Rule!" I've unfortunately had to hear shit like this ever since AVPR came out. The simple reality is that some predator fans don't want to give the aliens their due, they don't want to analyze both creatures and the situations they were put in, they just want the predator to dominate so he doesn't lose his "coolness." Remember when the first AVP came out? "Oh my god! One alien killed two predators? That's bullshit, these aren't REAL predators, a real predator can take out 100 aliens all by himself!" or "Those predators were inexperienced, if it were an elite predator, he would have killed that alien easily." They use that word "Experience" like it's their get out of jail card. If a predator loses it's because he's inexperienced and not because the alien was a great threat. This whole "elite/experience" Bullshit is nothing more than childish fan boys trying desperately to alleviate butt hurt. And that's what Wolf was: the ultimate remedy for butt hurt. Predator fan boys cried when their beloved predator's got "humiliated" in AVP so the strause brothers pulled Wolf out of their ass, called him an "Elite," and let him rape the aliens 6 ways till Sunday and the predator fan boys creamed over it and talked shit about the aliens ever since. Like children bragging that their favorite baseball team won, even though they are too stupid to see that their team cheated. You try to explain to them how the team cheated but they'll just cover their ears and go "LALALALALA!" and just say you're jealous because your team got beat so easily. You can't talk to them, it's pointless, if you try to point out the alien's strengths and abilities, they just pull the "Experience/Elite" Card like it automatically makes the predator a superhero. Like the predator is going to go super saiyan once he's reached elite status. By the way, since when did "Experience" become such a crucial pre request when dealing with aliens? The aliens have no weapons and no experience. Do you really need to be at the height of your hunting carrier to deal with something like that? I could kill a few aliens right now if I had a machine gun.  If I kill a bunch of aliens right now, do I get "Elite" status? Do I get the magical ability to do whatever I want to the aliens with no consequences? Can I go up to two aliens and grab them by their necks while they do nothing to me?  No? I guess I'm not cool enough, only predators get that power. This whole "Experience" thing is the worst thing to ever happen to the predator mythology, It's like saying anything the aliens do doesn't even matter, it's like saying if Gill was experienced he would have snatched Grid's tail without even looking and threw him to the ground like a rag doll and killed him in seconds. You know if the strause brothers directed that scene that's exactly how it would have played out and it's not just them either, it's pretty much 90% of the predator fan boys. Go to Youtube and search for AVP fan films and I guarantee you will find the majority of them have predators just slaughtering and humiliating the aliens. Watch the fan film AVP: Redemption; it's the perfect example of how much predator fans don't give a flying f**k about the aliens.

The saddest part is that it doesn't stop with them either. this level of thinking is so widespread and so engraved into the common man's mind, that it has become the norm. How many times do we have to suffer through a piece of AVP promotional material where it's nothing but a predator pwning an alien?

How many times must we see things like this:

http://www.socwall.com/desktop-wallpaper/9021/alien-vs.-predator-by-parminder-rai/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Aliens-vs-Predator-Cheats-47971.shtml

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/view/aliens_vs__predator_game-1440x900.html

Why don't we ever see an alien standing over a predator while striking a cool pose? Simple: the alien just isn't cool enough for that, people identify the predator as a badass figure and don't want his image ruined while the aliens are always thought of as those bugs that got blown away in Aliens. There is nothing cool or appealing about a bug and that's why the predator will always be favored over the aliens.

chupacabras acheronsis

i apreciate what you're doing and i definitely see your point but

DJ Pu$$yface

People idolize Wolf? Since when? He's just ripped on constantly, with good reason.

He looks pretty freaking awesome though, like a true Predator.

ScardyFox

I WANT TO BE A WOLF TOO WHEN I GROWZ UP!

Aran

Aran

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 04, 2012, 10:28:16 PM

We do understand this.

QFT

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

AVPR really did make the predators look incompetent. I think predator fans just wanted a character they could cheer for and lets be honest, he really was the only cool thing in the movie.

I still love how the predalien backed away from wolf and then ordered one of the warrior aliens with it's finger to attack wolf. The alien literally enters the fight like some bar room tug would... then gets punched in the stomach. Haha Cletus-Morphs is exactly the nick to calls those aliens by.

Still the chair wolf was sitting on in the beginning reminded me of a rocking chair.

You know it could be very possible that the predalien only kept the most incompetent aliens around for fear of being retaliated against. I figure this is the case because the other aliens who are un-seen seemed to clear the town out with no problems.

Mr. Black

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 05, 2012, 06:31:08 AM

Some do and some simply don't want too. You have to understand the psychology of some predator fans. It all stems from their childhood; when they were kids they watched predator movies and as little boys; what do they like? Cool shit. And there is nothing cooler then the predator: he's got cool weapons, cool vision modes, cool dreads, able to turn invisible, his blood even glows. Everything about the predator just screams cool. In fact if you were to go around asking people what they would rather be: an alien or a predator, most would probably say predator. So what happens when you take a super cool creature like the predator and pit him against a creature that isn't 1/10th as cool as him? They scoff at the idea. "Bah! Aliens stand no chance, what can they do? Predators have all those gadgets and weapons, Predators Rule!" I've unfortunately had to hear shit like this ever since AVPR came out. The simple reality is that some predator fans don't want to give the aliens their due, they don't want to analyze both creatures and the situations they were put in, they just want the predator to dominate so he doesn't lose his "coolness." Remember when the first AVP came out? "Oh my god! One alien killed two predators? That's bullshit, these aren't REAL predators, a real predator can take out 100 aliens all by himself!" or "Those predators were inexperienced, if it were an elite predator, he would have killed that alien easily." They use that word "Experience" like it's their get out of jail card. If a predator loses it's because he's inexperienced and not because the alien was a great threat. This whole "elite/experience" Bullshit is nothing more than childish fan boys trying desperately to alleviate butt hurt. And that's what Wolf was: the ultimate remedy for butt hurt. Predator fan boys cried when their beloved predator's got "humiliated" in AVP so the strause brothers pulled Wolf out of their ass, called him an "Elite," and let him rape the aliens 6 ways till Sunday and the predator fan boys creamed over it and talked shit about the aliens ever since. Like children bragging that their favorite baseball team won, even though they are too stupid to see that their team cheated. You try to explain to them how the team cheated but they'll just cover their ears and go "LALALALALA!" and just say you're jealous because your team got beat so easily. You can't talk to them, it's pointless, if you try to point out the alien's strengths and abilities, they just pull the "Experience/Elite" Card like it automatically makes the predator a superhero. Like the predator is going to go super saiyan once he's reached elite status. By the way, since when did "Experience" become such a crucial pre request when dealing with aliens? The aliens have no weapons and no experience. Do you really need to be at the height of your hunting carrier to deal with something like that? I could kill a few aliens right now if I had a machine gun.  If I kill a bunch of aliens right now, do I get "Elite" status? Do I get the magical ability to do whatever I want to the aliens with no consequences? Can I go up to two aliens and grab them by their necks while they do nothing to me?  No? I guess I'm not cool enough, only predators get that power. This whole "Experience" thing is the worst thing to ever happen to the predator mythology, It's like saying anything the aliens do doesn't even matter, it's like saying if Gill was experienced he would have snatched Grid's tail without even looking and threw him to the ground like a rag doll and killed him in seconds. You know if the strause brothers directed that scene that's exactly how it would have played out and it's not just them either, it's pretty much 90% of the predator fan boys. Go to Youtube and search for AVP fan films and I guarantee you will find the majority of them have predators just slaughtering and humiliating the aliens. Watch the fan film AVP: Redemption; it's the perfect example of how much predator fans don't give a flying f**k about the aliens.

The saddest part is that it doesn't stop with them either. this level of thinking is so widespread and so engraved into the common man's mind, that it has become the norm. How many times do we have to suffer through a piece of AVP promotional material where it's nothing but a predator pwning an alien?

How many times must we see things like this:

http://www.socwall.com/desktop-wallpaper/9021/alien-vs.-predator-by-parminder-rai/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Aliens-vs-Predator-Cheats-47971.shtml

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/view/aliens_vs__predator_game-1440x900.html

Why don't we ever see an alien standing over a predator while striking a cool pose? Simple: the alien just isn't cool enough for that, people identify the predator as a badass figure and don't want his image ruined while the aliens are always thought of as those bugs that got blown away in Aliens. There is nothing cool or appealing about a bug and that's why the predator will always be favored over the aliens.

As a HUGE predator fan I totally agree with you on this. The example I used was like watching a trained ufc fighter beating up a group of 5 year olds. Not impressive at the slightest and commands no respect. But put the same fighther up against a group of the most elite fighters on earth and if he can win then you prize him. Same thing with preds I rather would have watched wolf get his ass kicked and die if the aliens running around weren't half retard and posing before every kill.

DUB1

DUB1

Fanboys/fangirls are a naturally stupid people, so when they see their favorite character(s) dominate others, they do not ever give it much thought. In their "minds", there is nothing weird about that. They aren't capable of very nuanced thinking, so there is no such thing such as a good or bad portrayal of the Aliens in a Predator fanboy/fangirl's "mind". The Aliens are just naturally inferior to them. As long as the Aliens lose, everything's going to be alright.

Then again, plenty of them would probably whine if the Aliens at least put up a fight before going down.

And that is why many approve of Wolf's portrayal so much. Wolf to Predator fanboys/fangirls was what Batman is to the people of Gotham City: a symbol of hope. Their avenger. Lot of characters are jobbed out to Batman too, the same way the Aliens were to Wolf.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed