Why do people idolize Wolf so much?

Started by The Runner, Jul 04, 2012, 10:20:30 PM

Author
Why do people idolize Wolf so much? (Read 51,544 times)

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2012, 04:15:34 AM
QuoteOK...resilience to being crushed by rubble and resilience to being burned by hot lead aren't really comparable

It's not about being burned (though that's obviously going to hurt) - it's having 350 tonnes of anything dropped on your bonce.

QuoteI think he was just there to cover up the fact that his team got their asses handed to them by the aliens. That's why he was the only predator who showed up.

Why would they send one Predator to kill an Alien that's already kill three Predators?
Sometimes I think people equate liquid lead as being similar to water. For the second question, because there was no They; only Wolf. I'm thinking that ship was under Wolf directions. That's why when it was detached from the mother-ship the distress signal was sent personally back home to the head honcho himself.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: SM on Jul 11, 2012, 04:15:34 AMIt's not about being burned (though that's obviously going to hurt) - it's having 350 tonnes of anything dropped on your bonce.
350 tonnes of molten lead...a bit different from, say, 350 tonnes of solid rubble

Let's be clear here, I never implied that molten lead is like water, but having solid rubble fall on you and having molten lead poured on you aren't exactly comparable. Of course, if you can explain the physics and prove otherwise, by all means do

I'd say rubble is better at squishing an object because it's solid

QuoteWhy would they send one Predator to kill an Alien that's already kill three Predators?
2 clueless predators surprised in their ship, another already impaled on wreckage when finished off by the predalien

A prepared predator sufficiently armed and of decent skill would likely be enough to kill one pesky predalien

Even better...in the extended edition, Wolf doesn't know about the predalien until he's on earth

SM

SM

QuoteI'd say rubble is better at squishing an object because it's solid

Not if it's integrity has just been called into question by a big explosion.

Jigsaw85

Quote from: happypred on Jul 09, 2012, 02:37:01 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 05, 2012, 06:31:08 AMThat's bullshit, these aren't REAL predators, a real predator can take out 100 aliens all by himself!"
You do realise that Paul Anderson forced Celtic to fight an alien with his bare hands. Melting wristblades, stolen shoulder cannon...yeah

On top of that Celtic does act like an idiot. After ramming the alien senseless, instead of stabbing it in the head with his dagger, he chooses to swing it around by the tail like a retarded WWE wrestler. How is that different from when aliens in Requiem tail-whip instead of just impaling?

Quoteit's the perfect example of how much predator fans don't give a flying f**k about the aliens.
A lot of alien fans don't give a f**k about predators. It's a mutual thing...

I'm a fan of the Aliens universe, but I'm not a hardcore fan of the creature.   

QuoteThe saddest part is that it doesn't stop with them either. this level of thinking is so widespread and so engraved into the common man's mind, that it has become the norm. How many times do we have to suffer through a piece of AVP promotional material where it's nothing but a predator pwning an alien?
Predators have guns, it's natural for people to think that something with guns can beat several creatures armed with nothing but teeth and claws (and tails I suppose)

QuoteThis whole "elite/experience" Bullshit is nothing more than childish fan boys trying desperately to alleviate butt hurt.
You can blame that on Anderson. In the interview on the DVD, he describes them as "teenage predators". I've also heard that on the extended edition of the movie, the predators are described as adolescents.

Experience/skill does matter. A delta operator is obviously better than a recent trainee out of army bootcamp. I don't see why it's OK for alien fans to whine about retarded aliens, but it's not OK for predator fans to whine about stupid/inexperienced/poorly armed predators. Can we be a bit more fair?     

Serious question: Would you guys honestly prefer a truly elite predator? One capable of intelligently slaughtering droves of extremely deadly aliens? You do realise that you'd have no excuses in that case...

1. So? Later in the movie an alien gets the drop on Scar fully armed with shoulder cannon and all, and he would have killed him too had Lex not stepped in. But I bet you think an experienced Predator would have sensed the alien coming and held him off with one hand.

2. If Celtic tried to stab him in the head then, he would have to reach for his knife and by that time Grid would have already been on his feet, Aliens in AVP recover fast unlike the pathetic retards from AVPR who get shoved to the ground like 5 year olds and lay there while wolf slowly reaches for his glass of blue shit.

3. Even if some Alien fans don't give a f**k about the predators, you'll never hear one say a predator can't kill an alien or one alien can take out 100 predators all by himself. Only predator fans are that arrogant.

4. Its one thing for Predators to use their guns but to have a predator hold back an alien with nothing but his arm is bullshit.

5. Anderson said they were highly experienced hunters ready to become elders. It's covered in another thread somewhere. Or just check out the DVD commentary where he describes them as being 100s of years old and have been on thousands of hunts.

6. So what you're saying is: a delta operator can just walk into an enemy stronghold, walk past a few enemy soldiers, set up his traps, and then jump in the center of the room and scream out to them "come and get me!" and take them out as easy as pie? That's what happened with wolf in the sewer, Experience don't mean shit if your enemy is retarded and worthless. Experience may be useful but not in the way Predator fan boys think. They think an experienced Predator is like Neo from the matrix.

7. I can think of nothing fairer then an alien just being an alien and a predator just being a predator. Not a young blood, not an elite, not an elder, just a predator. In Predator, Predator 2 and Predators they were just predators, no one questioned their experience because it was never an issue. Everyone knows that the predators live to hunt, so questioning a predator's hunting experience is pointless. I can think of nothing more futile then arguing which of the 7 foot tall highly armed killers were the most experienced. Splitting every hair, looking at every detail when we can all agree that they all had different circumstances and situations to deal with and that it isn't fair to compare them. The AVP Predators killed efficiently until they fought something they couldn't hide from and who was just as strong as they were. Do you ever hear Alien fans complain when a predator killed an alien in AVP? No, because we understand that the predators need their victories too, otherwise it wouldn't be Alien vs. Predator. It'd just be "Aliens Slaughter Predators."

8. That serious question is a bit of a paradox. If the aliens are truly deadly then no one predator could take them out alone. What exactly is a "true Elite" Predator? What would he do that all the other predators in all the other movies haven't done already? And how could he take out all of these aliens without looking like Wolf; a predator who had everything made easy for him? Would he hide behind his cloaking device like the first predator? No, because the cloaking device doesn't work on the aliens. Would he just jump into a crowd of aliens and just go to town? No, because if the Aliens were truly deadly like you say, they'd rip him limb from limb. There have been 5 predator movies so far and not one predator lives up this idea of a "true Elite" so I have to ask: where does this vision of an elite predator come from? It's nothing but a bullshit fantasy made up by predator fan boys.  A single predator, no matter how "elite," not matter how Experienced, would never be able to survive more than a few seconds  alone with a group of REAL aliens. How do we solve this problem?  It's easy:  YOU JUST ADD MORE PREDATORS! 8-10 predators go into a hive of aliens, that's how you do it. Everyone's happy. Predators get to kill Aliens and Aliens get to kill Predators. If you're not satisfied with this then you really are a hopeless predator fan boy.

ScarPredator14

wow, im tired of people crying over AVPR , its a fricken Alien vs predator film? you should be happy they even made any of them if your a true fan you would just take them for what they are and stop analyzing them so much to the point were it dosent meet your expectations. Why cant people just  be happy! damn!  :)

SM

SM

Same reason you're oblivious to the flaws I guess.

ScarPredator14

Why do people idolize Wolf so much? cause wolf owned in AVPR end of story. ;) some people need to stop crying and complaining over this. and take the filim for what it is but personally i dont think the movie was good but the action was.

SM

SM

People are taking the film for what it is - amatuerish garbage.

CarnalCalligraphy

Quote from: SM on Jul 12, 2012, 10:58:33 PM
People are taking the film for what it is - amatuerish garbage.

Lmao! +1

I have to agree, by the way, with the guys who called Predator fans out for being childish.

ScarPredator14

I like how the alien fans r so serious all the time??  :D dang b happy that the alien even got more big screen time. As trashy as the movie was it dosent take away that wolf still owned in it  ;D

CarnalCalligraphy

Is this guy a troll or what? He may very well just be seven. I just don't know how to respond.

ScarPredator14

Dude I'm sayin nothing wrong the forum is called "why do people idolize wolf so much?"  well if you seen the movie he was a complete bada**? U can't argue that, and wth is a troll? And Calling me 7? Common guy really your the one acting like a seven year old by even saying stuff like that, and everyone that watched the movie I bet 80% would say wolf was a bada** witch is why so many idolize him simple question to answer.

chupacabras acheronsis

i saw the movie.

he's not.

Sinister Serenity

Sinister Serenity

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Jul 14, 2012, 02:45:45 AM
I like how the alien fans r so serious all the time??  :D dang b happy that the alien even got more big screen time. As trashy as the movie was it dosent take away that wolf still owned in it  ;D

We take it seriously because the aliens are portrayed poorly. If 15 predators got wiped out by an alien wouldn't you be a little pissed? The reason I love the fight between Grid and Celtic from AVP so much is that it shows what an alien can truly do. While I still dislike the movie, that scene alone makes me respect it a hundred times more than AVP:R. If Wolf were fighting true aliens like Grid. There is not a doubt in my mind he wouldn't have lasted half as long. Wolf doesn't deserve all the attention he gets, yes he is a good fighter and seems badass, but he's fighting a bunch of aliens with down syndrome for Christ sake. That's why we are so serious. Because we're tired of the Aliens constantly being taken out by the thousands, and worse, people thinking that's ok. Wolf only "owned" because the director had no respect for the alien, and didn't give a shit what we thought about it. He wanted to make a quick buck.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jul 12, 2012, 07:15:58 AM
2. If Celtic tried to stab him in the head then, he would have to reach for his knife and by that time Grid would have already been on his feet, Aliens in AVP recover fast unlike the pathetic retards from AVPR who get shoved to the ground like 5 year olds and lay there while wolf slowly reaches for his glass of blue shit.

I don't really want to disturb  your debat , but about that point i think your too pessimistic or optimistic. (point of view matter)
If celtic had the time to bend down catch his leg (leaving him very vulnerable to Grids' claws for a second) and strats a rotative movement
I dont see why drawing a dagger and stab would be anymore longer. ( i would even be shorter) Each of these steps takes about less than 1second

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed