First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 75,211 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Highland on Sep 10, 2012, 02:08:40 AM
Quote from: RiddleMeTheus on Sep 10, 2012, 01:16:30 AM

Then there's also the price difference.  While there are some Blu-Rays that have dropped in price, not everyone can afford to buy new Blu Rays on a regular basis.  Once Blu-Rays become as cheap as DVDs (and DVDs become cheaper), then it would only make sense to upgrade to Blu-Ray.

I'm not sure what part of the world your from but most country's now (and have for a long time) offer bargain basement and re-issue's of most movie's nowadays's for dirt cheap. You can pick up Blu Ray players for very reasonably prices now and possibly even have one through PS3.

There is no "when it's time to upgrade". That time's long past. Blu Ray has been leading the charge for years now. With the bigger disk space and improved sound codecs the studio's have given us a reason to buy again as opposed to piracy.

Of course if you don't have good equipment or don't care for better quality/extra's then DVD's are still fine.

I think that is where the problem is for most people who haven't upgraded to blu-ray...the extra cost of getting everything that is required to get the full hd experience.

If you don't have a 1080p tv, and the right sound system...it's no better than just getting the dvd.

While the prices of hd tv's have dropped, a decent one is still fairly expensive.

I switched over a long time ago, and haven't regretted it...but that's just no feasible for some, given the current economy.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Sep 10, 2012, 02:54:37 AM

While the prices of hd tv's have dropped, a decent one is still fairly expensive.

Not if you know what your looking for. I guess that's the whole sales trick though. There becomes a point in home cinema where it gets into diminishing returns and really you get the micky taken. Samsung and Panasonic throw out some great screens these day's if you can put aside all the "3D" , "internet connectivity", "HDMI version 5.9" "built in hardrive" bull crap that you will NEVER use.

My plasma is nearly 4 years old and would struggle to fetch a $1000 now at the time I paid $3500. I know it's still as close to a top notch home cinema experience you can get. Same with sound systems. Some guy's still have receivers and speakers from 10 years ago that do a mint job. 

The trick is buying it right the first time. Besides, a man sized TV should be on any blokes list!!!  ;) 

I agree that you have to have the gear to see the benefit though.

Going a bit off topic now. Gimme the Blu Ray for Prometheus!!

LarsVader

LarsVader

Since I have not made the "upgrade" yet I'd be happy with a DVD combo package,
but it looks like the deluxe/3D version doesn't come with a DVD in the UK instead it does with a stupid digital copy.
So I have to get things twice?

And I am majorly annoyed about that the french DVD is barebones, I hope the UK version will be different.
I don't want thai/arab/huttish audio tracks, I want commentaries and all of the deleted scenes!

I hope we'll get full details on all the versions soon, becouse I want to know EXACTLY what to get.
And then I've got a few amazon pre-orders to cancel  :laugh:

Finish cover thingys:

ikarop

ikarop

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/home/all-news/1-latest-news/7767-exclusive-prometheus-discs-are-going-to-be-epic

Quote"I'm intensely proud of the PROMETHEUS disc," Lauzirika tells Fango. "It's probably one of the most, if not the most, comprehensive discs I've ever done. I'm shocked that we were able to achieve the depth and scope of what we were able to do in the time that we had, which was fraction of what we had on a catalog title like, say, BLADE RUNNER, which goes on for years and years and years. PROMETHEUS we had a few months to get out, but it's epic."

While he can't go into specifics just yet, Lauzirika suggests that there will be some pretty extensive documentary features, the result of a good deal of time spent on PROMETHEUS' sets and locations. "I was out there for several weeks," he says. "I'd go for like two weeks at a time, and I would shoot interviews and behind-the-scenes footage. I shot all of preproduction, which was about a year, and I also shot postproduction. Most of the camerawork is mine on that, but I also had another camera operator, Vanessa White, in the UK who shot when I wasn't there, so we had the whole thing covered, soup to nuts. I didn't get to go to Iceland [where some of PROMETHEUS' most remarkable moments were lensed] for that shoot, but Vanessa covered that, and we have amazing footage of Iceland as well."

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Considering all the other ALIEN documentaries, I cannot wait for the Prometheus one.

Morgoth

Morgoth

Just per ordered my 3d copy :laugh:

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

In terms of consumer shopping: I'd just like to point out I just got a Samsung 40" 3-D TV at Best Buy for just under $800.  So far it's lovely.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed