First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 74,755 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 30, 2012, 09:00:07 PM
Quote from: Highland on Aug 30, 2012, 05:42:12 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 30, 2012, 10:25:57 AM
I was pretty ambivalent about 3D until I saw Prometheus, which was impressive enough, technically, to get me on board. Plus, 3D gaming appeals to me.

3D definitely is the future, but you're right in other regards - the conservative buyer should wait until we have no-glasses 3D (it's definitely coming). But in the meantime, I'm going downtown to buy a 3Dtv today!  ;D

I'd agree that 3D when it fills your field of vision on a 50 foot screen is impressive. When it's on a 50 inch TV that your sitting 8 feet away from, it's gimmicky as hell. Surround sound is a better way to immerse yourself into a movie.

You know Highland, that's a very effective reality-check right there. I'll confess straight away that I've not yet seen 3D on a television screen. Of course I'll be scrutinizing all the models very closely before I buy (I didn't go out today after all - last day of vacation and I want to sit on my ass), but I've been assuming all along that since Prometheus was great in 3D in the cinema, it would therefore be great in 3D in the home. Your post has encouraged me to throw that assumption aside until I see the goods for myself.

However, with Creature from the Black Lagoon and (the original) House of Wax coming out soon (not to mention 3D gaming), I'm still on the 'gonna buy it' side of the fence, unless my showroom experience completely sucks...  :)

A very good idea.  ;)

Make sure YOU pick the movie. Even high end shops will play the Pixar card which is just not a good example. It's a good idea to watch a movie before hand then ask for it to be played. For sound and picture quality.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Yes, I'm thinking of bringing Tron: Legacy with me, since I know what that film is supposed to look like!  ;D

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 31, 2012, 02:09:07 PM
Yes, I'm thinking of bringing Tron: Legacy with me, since I know what that film is supposed to look like!  ;D
Excellent choice, sir.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 31, 2012, 02:09:07 PM

Love that movie  ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Futureshop Canada just posted up this cover art:

BANE

BANE

Gorgeous

Cvalda

Cvalda

I prefer the hologram Engineer head design myself. Looks like it fits with the beautiful individual Alien Anthology release slipcovers.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 06, 2012, 05:09:58 PM

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/m21/m2195/m2195198.jpg

Okay, now I don't mind paying a little extra. ;D That's the most beautiful cover art yet.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 06, 2012, 05:09:58 PM

http://www.futureshop.ca/multimedia/Products/500x500/m21/m2195/m2195198.jpg
Hey, I live in Canada... and I was going to get mine at FutureShop...

...Take my money.

T Dog

T Dog

Random thoughts:

1) I'm looking forward to reading Spaights' version. I have a suspicious that he probably wrote a far superior screenplay but in the interest of trying to be "more original" they just shat on everything for the sake of it. I read there that Weyland was supposed to be hanging out on a space station near Mars and his true obsession was Terraforming. Sounds much more interesting. I think the God V God angle and search for more life is an interesting idea that simply wasn't used.

2) In terms of imagery I don't think the Alien series was broke, we'd only been inside the derelict once, so why fix it and make it all shiny and post minority report looking. What happened to Giger's nightmarish quality, and why pussy out and make a ten foot Bio-mechanical creature a literal man in a suit? My only hope is that somewhere along the lines things become properly Bio-mechanical again in the sequel movies. Just smear some black goo on the ship walls. Done!

ikarop

ikarop

Watching some of the deleted scenes right now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 09, 2012, 05:10:33 PM
How? Where? Share! :o

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

What? What?

Spoiler

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ikarop on Sep 09, 2012, 05:10:33 PM

Huh? Are they any good? Anything substantial?

ikarop

ikarop

I will uploading them soon. So far I've seen some Vickers/Janek dialogue. Shaw telling an story to the crew. Fifield and Milburn finding some skin in the pyramid. More dialogue between Shaw and Holloway (bed scene).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed