First Prometheus Bluray Details

Started by ikarop, Jul 04, 2012, 05:13:59 AM

Author
First Prometheus Bluray Details (Read 74,772 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

I don't know, I think an extended cut may still be on there.

• the runtime is listed as 150
  • the commentary is listed as 120

So, maybe what we've got here is the option to watch either version through seamless branching, and Ridley only recorded a commentary for the theatrical cut?

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Jul 04, 2012, 02:28:33 PM
I don't know, I think an extended cut may still be on there.

• the runtime is listed as 150
  • the commentary is listed as 120

So, maybe what we've got here is the option to watch either version through seamless branching, and Ridley only recorded a commentary for the theatrical cut?

That would make sense I guess. I'm sure clearer details will come out soon enough. It's still on run at the cinema.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: Anonymous User on Jul 04, 2012, 06:36:09 AM
Honestly I felt a little bit ripped off already by the movie. I went the first time because it has Scott signature in it. A new Scott's scifi after Alien and Blade Runner. After that, I refused to go for a second viewing because I don't want to give anymore of my money to Fox/Scott.

If they sell an extended cut after this DVD release, I'll feel completely sick.

Im not giving these wankers another penny

Free torrents here I come

BANE

BANE

Knock knock.

Oh, who's that? The cyber division of your local police force come to lay down the law?

Yay for justice!

Gazz

Gazz

Actually the bonus features on the first disc add up to 148 minutes.

I guess they just rounded it off to 150 in the description.

zoidy

zoidy

Quote from: Gazz on Jul 04, 2012, 03:09:19 PM
Actually the bonus features on the first disc add up to 148 minutes.

I guess they just rounded it off to 150 in the description.
Yeah, I suspect the 150 is running time plus additional footage from the extras menu. I'm sure I've seen them totalled like that on the specs for dvds before.

Gazz

Gazz

I actually think it's just how much bonus material the disc has.

If you add up the bonus material that has been given a runtime on disc 1 it amounts to 148 minutes overall. I think they've just rounded up to 150 minutes worth of bonus material for the press release.

I'm not sweating it though. I'll wait for the official UK press release before I judge. And if fox are deciding to pull an Avatar like shameless double dip stunt, I'll just wait it out.

FUBAR1945

FUBAR1945

Come on guy's don't worry that much, really, we only have to wait for a few year's (30+) and we will get the Director's Cut, or Extended movie.

EDIT: Yeah it comes with ALIEN, ALIENS, Alien³, but again Prometheus is not a prequel, sequel whatever...

Ash 937

Ash 937

I saw the movie for the second time last night.  It's a pretty terrible film. The dialogue and premise are atrocious.  The "fatih" motif that runs throughout is also pretty poorly conceived (and it was done much better in Alien3 btw).  I just can't believe how so many of the right elements came together to make a film that ended up being this bad.

I won't buy any Blu-Ray version of this film unless it comes with a Director's Cut that addresses the shortcomings of the film and at least attempts to fix them.  You can't do that with 15 minutes of deleted scenes, imo.  How Scott was able to accept the theatrical version of this film for mainstream release is beyond my belief. 

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

One things for sure - I'm going to fanedit the shit out of this.

robertmartin

robertmartin

OMG - i so wanna buy this already.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jul 04, 2012, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jul 04, 2012, 07:25:09 AM
Good Christ, I've never seen so much anger over a Bluray...

*cough*predatorultimatehunteredition*cough*

I seem to have missed that bit of controversy.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

DID I Q'S DROP SHARPLY WHILE I WAS AWAY....

Listen up EVERYONE.....

Scott already said in an interview that there will be 20 or so minutes put back into the movie...

Cvalda

Cvalda

No he didn't. He said it would be put "in the menu", meaning in the extras. Which it seems is exactly what happened.

So we're still stuck with this steaming pile of a theatrical cut.

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

I'm really surprised that anyone who out and out dislikes the movie will think it will improve for them with an extended cut. An extended cut won't show Fifield to have aspergers, or expose Milburn as a fake biologist. It won't show Vickers being decapitated or blown up instead of crushed... and we'll still see the proto xeno at the end... I sense those who don't like the movie are preparing themselves to dislike the blu-ray by expecting it to be a different movie - simply with an extended 20/30 mins...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed