Project Prometheus: New Viral Video

Started by ShadowPred, Jun 27, 2012, 06:58:22 PM

Author
Project Prometheus: New Viral Video (Read 21,290 times)

Gate

Gate

Quote from: fiveways on Jun 27, 2012, 10:15:55 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Jun 27, 2012, 08:44:26 PM
F**k off, Lindelof.

Why didnt you just include something of actual value in the movie?

Mufffffffinnnnnn, I am so sorry the movie wasn't exactly what you wanted.

Someone wasn't hugged enough as a child.
;D ;D ;D     

Speaking of Viral marketing, how many of you are members of Unfiction?

Godroyah

The problem I have with the viral campaigns is that they are better than the actual movie was. In addition, if you aren't an avid Aliens fan and haven't been watching the virals and reading material about the movie, you're missing out on a lot of things that clarify the film itself. Even worse is that if you're new to the franchise and haven't even seen the original Alien, you'd be totally lost as to what the hell is going on.

The viral videos are more complete and interesting than the damn movie itself, and considering they had 3 years or more to work on this thing, it could have been done a hell of a lot better. I'm sorry Ridley, but I've got to admit I've been disappointed.

episodenone

Quote from: Godroyah on Jun 29, 2012, 04:30:47 AM
The problem I have with the viral campaigns is that they are better than the actual movie was. In addition, if you aren't an avid Aliens fan and haven't been watching the virals and reading material about the movie, you're missing out on a lot of things that clarify the film itself. Even worse is that if you're new to the franchise and haven't even seen the original Alien, you'd be totally lost as to what the hell is going on.

The viral videos are more complete and interesting than the damn movie itself, and considering they had 3 years or more to work on this thing, it could have been done a hell of a lot better. I'm sorry Ridley, but I've got to admit I've been disappointed.

better than the movie?  yea - the 15 second viral video of weyland reciting thus spake zarathustra is better than the 3d imax version of a thought provoking film..  please deactivate your account now.  you're wasting internet memory

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: Alexx on Jun 28, 2012, 05:22:09 PM
Here comes the negativity police chief himself.. ::)

Booh ooh...
Seriously you better just stfu or read me better you moron.

Space Sweeper

NGR01

NGR01

Getting fed beeing called names by tools like this who take any critisim as negativity.
I think i said enough and clearly what i liked or not about the movie, and it was not limited by either THAT SUCK OOH THAT IS AWESOME i leave that to NAVY SEALS fans...

Space Sweeper

You hardly responded with any more maturity. You're looking just about the same as him, just angry.

NGR01

NGR01

Who said i was not angry?
Or not annoyed?
I show maturity to those who deserve to be talked to as adults, who have taken the time to know who they are talking to before ranking people.
This guy has 25 messages, i read them all, he's not mature and he attacks me.
Tools like this ahole have just been busting my ball dsince day one.
No you're lying giger is on this!
No you're lying you're not seeing 15minutes of them movie and seeing Scott and co live!
No you're lying you have not seen the movie!
No you're lying the movie is awesome!
So f**k him, f**k him uphis stupid ass.
And those like him.

Space Sweeper

Uh... huh. Your honor, I rest my case.

Spoiler
[close]

Godroyah

Quote from: episodenone on Jun 29, 2012, 09:55:58 AM

better than the movie?  yea - the 15 second viral video of weyland reciting thus spake zarathustra is better than the 3d imax version of a thought provoking film..  please deactivate your account now.  you're wasting internet memory

This site is here so that we can all give our opinions on films like this. If you're going to come here just to troll other people's posts, then go somewhere else.

Last time I checked, weyland's 15 zarathustra video isn't the only viral video for the film. The other's present clear ideas and boundaries, and I liked that. But the film itself was, in my opinion, very sloppy in its delivery of those ideas and then some. And again, if you had gone to see Prometheus without having seen these videos, you'd be even more lost.

That's my opinion, and I'll stand by it unless someone can convince me otherwise by using this forum in the way it was intended to be used. If you want to refute my points with evidence of your own that you can back up, then by all means go ahead. But if all you're going to do is insult me for holding and stating an opinion, then please go somewhere else because trollers waste more internet memory than anyone else.

whatisthematrix

cloverfield was a stupid movie. too american for my liking.

these viral videos are either for a blu ray, as previously announced, or something to do with a sequel. i think there is another thread in here talking about a blu ray release...

robbritton

I like these little peeks of life inside Weyland industries, they're expansive on the Alien universe and as such I receive them with interest. I love how sinister the positivity is in face of the company mindset we've come to know. Also Lunar base! A new little place for the fiction!

On an unrelated note, Navy Seals is an exercise in moustache sporting rivalled only by The Abyss. To take its name in vain is sacrilege. Or something.

RagingDragon

You're Goddamned right about that!

In SEALs, even God had a mustache.

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Godroyah on Jun 29, 2012, 04:24:40 PM
Quote from: episodenone on Jun 29, 2012, 09:55:58 AM

This site is here so that we can all give our opinions on films like this. If you're going to come here just to troll other people's posts, then go somewhere else.

Last time I checked, weyland's 15 zarathustra video isn't the only viral video for the film. The other's present clear ideas and boundaries, and I liked that. But the film itself was, in my opinion, very sloppy in its delivery of those ideas and then some. And again, if you had gone to see Prometheus without having seen these videos, you'd be even more lost.

That's my opinion, and I'll stand by it unless someone can convince me otherwise by using this forum in the way it was intended to be used. If you want to refute my points with evidence of your own that you can back up, then by all means go ahead. But if all you're going to do is insult me for holding and stating an opinion, then please go somewhere else because trollers waste more internet memory than anyone else.

Godroya,

I respect your opinion as your post is thought-out and well-written.  In many ways, I also agree with your assessment of the film.  It could definitely have better, but I wanted to offer a different angle on your assessment.

I think that the less viewers know about the franchise, the more likely they are to enjoy the film.  Those who are steeped in Alien mythology are the ones who were thrown for the biggest loop.  As a fan of the franchise, I definitely had to reassess my expectations for Prometheus (which were admittedly too high) and figure out a way to fit what I had just learned into the matrix I already had built.  At this point I've simply come to terms with the fact that there are simply a few square pegs that most likely will never fit into the nice round holes I had made for them.

The major reason I feel this way is that my wife, who has no preexisting knowledge of the Alien mythology really liked the movie.  As a matter of fact, a lot of people (most of whom had little invested in the Alien mythology) liked the movie, as is evidenced by the RT critics' aggregate score and less so by its metacritic score.  As another example, one of my good friends who is slightly familiar with the franchise really liked it, but during our discussions he referred to the trilobite as a "queen facehugger" and believed that the deacon was indeed the first xenomorph. 

I'm beginning to ramble now - I'm not necessarily defending the film per se, especially because it took her and me two viewings to make sense of some of the plot, just proposing that to me it seems that those who don't know much about the back story may be more likely to like it.  My biggest frustration with the movie is that too many things didn't fit into the tidy world I had built up for it.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l-5xHZojC0#ws

Haven't seen this posted yet?

What's interesting is dates-wise, this was posted around the same time as the first video. Only the link wasn't posted.  I wonder if the last video is already out...we just don't know it yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed