[New Article] American Cinematographer show a pic of alternate mutant Fifield

Started by Gazz, Jun 22, 2012, 10:13:11 AM

Author
[New Article] American Cinematographer show a pic of alternate mutant Fifield (Read 44,104 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Jun 23, 2012, 01:52:07 AM
Quote from: smurf80 on Jun 23, 2012, 01:23:44 AM
Quote from: And stuff on Jun 22, 2012, 09:49:51 PM
Looks too Gollum-y for my taste, at least from those pictures.  Maybe if he turned his head I'd change my mind.  Still better than the one we saw in the film. :D

I agree although I think he is starting to look like the little grean martians out of Mars Attacks especially with those eyes....

I was thinking he looks a lot like Rubber Johnny.
http://onechick.com/smog/images/rubberjohnny.jpg]

Dorian Gray! Great comparison.

THIS is a good example of how the design of the Fifield creature was based on real life deformities. No extraterrestrial tampering needed.

Aceburster

um.. thats a creature from an aphex twin video.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 23, 2012, 02:33:23 AM

um.. thats a creature from an aphex twin video.

Somebody call google and tell them their search engine is out of business with this guy around!  :laugh:

Aceburster

You said real life deformity, I was trying to find a nice way to tell you that you were wrong. Sorry dude.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 23, 2012, 02:39:12 AM

You said real life deformity, I was trying to find a nice way to tell you that you were wrong. Sorry dude.

Lets go back to the tapes!

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 23, 2012, 02:29:09 AM
THIS is a good example of how the design of the Fifield creature was based on real life deformities.

You'll note the absence of any reference to Rubber Johnny as being 'real'. The character in the music video was based on real life deformities. Obviously so were the Fifield monster concept. (And the Ripleys 1-7 in Resurrection.) As they all share the same features (and have been well documented in their inspirations.)

I wish people wouldn't be so hasty in their rushing to judgement and ravenously tripping over their own posts in order to try to prove someone else wrong. Especially when they are so obviously NOT looking for the answers they claim to seek,  enlightenment or intelligent conversation.

Aceburster

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 23, 2012, 03:28:12 AM
Quote from: Aceburster on Jun 23, 2012, 02:39:12 AM

Lets go back to the tapes!

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 23, 2012, 02:29:09 AM
THIS is a good example of how the design of the Fifield creature was based on real life deformities.

You'll note the absence of any reference to Rubber Johnny as being 'real'. The character in the music video was based on real life deformities. Obviously so were the Fifield monster concept. (And the Ripleys 1-7 in Resurrection.) As they all share the same features (and have been well documented in their inspirations.)

I wish people wouldn't be so hasty in their rushing to judgement and ravenously tripping over their own posts in order to try to prove someone else wrong. Especially when they are so obviously NOT looking for the answers they claim to seek,  enlightenment or intelligent conversation.

Does it bother you that I think xeno hybrid designs come from xeno hybrid concept art based on artists interpretation of what a xeno hybrid looks like... from the Alien series?

I wouldnt cite a still from a batman movie displaying martial arts skill as being an example of real life skills for example. In the same logic, I wouldnt cite a monster from a short filem displaying a mutation as being a real life example of deformity. Ill make a note and do my very very best to never correct you about something ever again sir. I wouldnt want you to be upset or look foolish.

Once again. My apollogies.

bobcunk

Quote from: Elicas on Jun 22, 2012, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 22, 2012, 11:18:05 AM
So alien Fiffield has sex with the Deacon which is a girl queen and creates.

http://i.imgur.com/awTRi.jpg
AAAAAAAAAALIEN!!!!!

Can I ask where this comes from? Only ever seen the smooth dome Alien for the original film.
Its a test shot from alien. they took the dome off for some reason.

Yona

That pose (body/arms) looks eerily similar to one of the murals in Prometheus, even the "spikes" on the elbows match.

thetias

thetias

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 23, 2012, 06:53:32 AM
Quote from: Elicas on Jun 22, 2012, 06:57:10 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 22, 2012, 11:18:05 AM
So alien Fiffield has sex with the Deacon which is a girl queen and creates.

http://i.imgur.com/awTRi.jpg
AAAAAAAAAALIEN!!!!!

Can I ask where this comes from? Only ever seen the smooth dome Alien for the original film.
Its a test shot from alien. they took the dome off for some reason.

It would have been perfect if Fifield face looked like this.

metalos

metalos

This scene where Fifield is killing his mates is happening when Weyland want go to the Engineer, and not during his awakening from the hibernation, holy theatrical cut, i can't wait for the extended cut.

In the trailers Janek said: "Kill everything! Do you copy me!?"
This isn't in the movie, i wonder what's the "everything" is meaning.

And in the aduio puzzle, the Fifield-Millburn vs Hammerpede scene creepier, i hope we will got that in the extended cut.

ScardyFox

Reminds of the creature from the black lagoon for some reason. Anyhoot its much cooler looking. The list of baffling decisions grows.

LarsVader

Quote from: Dorian Gray on Jun 23, 2012, 01:52:07 AM
I was thinking he looks a lot like Rubber Johnny.
http://onechick.com/smog/images/rubberjohnny.jpg
You all know that this guy designed the Newborn, right?  :laugh:

Infected

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 22, 2012, 10:13:11 AM
ARTICLE: http://imgbox.com/g/lh9sglGESx

So this is from the cut of the film we never got to see but for the glimpse we have in the trailer.

Looks to me like we should be seeing this in the Extended Edition. Also note is that while his head is extending backwards his skull, face remains in place under a new translucent like skin. Almost like the original Alien with it's prominent human skull under a transparent dome.

Source: http://www.weylandchronicles.com/2012/06/check-out-some-nice-prometheus-images-in-this-months-american-cinematographer/
Who says its Fifield?

TyrantUA

Holy shit @ the very first scan from the article. 9 Engineers? Seriously?

Dorian Gray

As much as I thought I would prefer the more alien-like Fifield, I can definitely see why Scott may have cut it.  The notion that human beings can be transformed into xenomorphs opens a huge can of worms that I'm sure would be analyzed down to the very last logistical error.  It would also add a huge layer of complexity to the existing mythology.  I think he wanted the message to be "the back goo will f*ck you up" rather than "the black goo will turn you into a xenomorph."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed