Share your memories of the first time you saw AVP

Started by JPredator, Jun 21, 2012, 08:26:04 AM

Author
Share your memories of the first time you saw AVP (Read 12,064 times)

BishopShouldGo

Ooooooph. This f**king movie. 12 year old me knew in the theater that I was in deep trouble the moment I saw that car pulling up to the satellite place. I don't know why but I just KNEW. Intuition was telling me that this was very wrong and very bad.

I left the theater dejected and despondent. I had been HAD. They gave me an 80 minute terrible movie. My word.

SuicideDoors

Alien vs Predator ripped the fanbase apart. I remember AvP Galaxy disbanded such was the negative reaction to the film. I forced myself to love it cause it was the first "Alien" film I saw at the cinema. I knew it was shit really. Everything is lightweight about it apart from the sets which are ok. ADI's creature work is abysmal; the cast and characters are shit and it's as cheesy and ineptly written as f**k.

Valaquen

I can't even remember seeing this movie the first time around. I largely ignored it on release. I had read the AVP comic by Dark Horse in the 90's and, seeing the film was not going to be like that, I just let it pass on by. I saw it later on DVD and it wasn't anything special.

I do remember my brother coming back from seeing AVP:R and telling me it was even worse than the first one. I didn't believe him at all, and even went out and bought the DVD... lesson learned.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Rage

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I follow the news for AVP on the news before it was release in 2004. I grew up with the series since the mid 90's and I remember being hype up for the movie. I saw the movie during the summer at my Summer Camp and they would allow PG-13 movies on the field trip if you get a parent signature. So we all agree to see AVP. I like it when I first saw it despite me being really let down inside. The movie got worst with each viewing, but I do think the special effects are good.

Reading this thread, it seems like AVP was the first movie in the series that they saw. Makes me feel a bit old.

Russ840

Laying on my bed at camp with a laptop on my chest watching a pirated copy of the movie. I remember I was less cultured back then and enjoyed the film. Can't watch it now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed