Prometheus Cinefex Scans

Started by Darkness, Jun 19, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

Author
Prometheus Cinefex Scans (Read 46,494 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pretty big coincidence then, considering they look exactly alike. Wish I could get the book myself, but $25 seems like a lot for a book of any kind, even if I did love the movie. Maybe I'll end up caving, though; what I've seen so far of it looks great.

Aquarius8

Aquarius8

Thanks for posting these.  I don't see why there is some hate for the Proto-Xeno.  I think he/she/queen? Looks really cool. 

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2012, 03:34:12 AM
Pretty big coincidence then, considering they look exactly alike. Wish I could get the book myself, but $25 seems like a lot for a book of any kind, even if I did love the movie. Maybe I'll end up caving, though; what I've seen so far of it looks great.

Perhaps when rolling up their sleeves for Deacon design they though they might use the alien on the mural that they designed

PROM3TH3US

PROM3TH3US

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 20, 2012, 03:25:03 AM
Quote from: PROM3TH3US on Jun 20, 2012, 03:23:22 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 20, 2012, 02:59:40 AM
I hope the blu ray has a 2 hour documentary of new stuff and not just a collection of everything we've seen before....

Same but I don't think they going to reveal everything since if they are doing a sequel.  Definitely they are going to have a hard time trying to keep tap on a lot of information until and if a sequel will be made.

I think he meant behind the scenes stuff; visual effects, actors, pre and post production, that kind of stuff. Not specifically story details.
But like I said they are going to have to be very careful what they leak out or say.  I mean do they have everything laid down for the sequel and for this whole new world/story flesh out or are they still trying to figure out what exactly they want to do for the sequel?  I mean you don't want Ridley to commentary in the Blu-ray and say things he might regret that will screw up the sequel if they haven't truly laid down the whole world of Prometheus storyline.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Well, he can say anything in the commentary and the change his mind when the next movie comes out. I recall him throwing around some Space Jockey ideas in Alien and conflict with what was in Prometheus.

But anyways, when Prometheus was still an Alien Prequel, it was intended to be two parts. I have a feeling some of that may have been carried over into Prometheus, given all of the questions it left open at the end. The original Alien Prequel was probably more of a cliffhanger ending since they were going to film back to back, but I bet some of the concept of the story still transitioned over into Prometheus.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I don't remember much of what Scott said about the jockey in all those commentaries and interviews really conflicting with Prometheus, though I may be forgetting something.  The lines Janek has near the end with Shaw are almost verbatim Ridley, for many years.  It was very satisfying for me to hear it on film, on the big screen, finally made canon and whole.

I'm not sure Spaihts's original straight-prequel script was quite so open-ended.  According to Lindelof, the original ending in Spaihts's script has more of a 'Robinson Crusoe' feel versus the voyaging onward choice in the film.  The distinct impression I get from that is that Shaw (originally "Watts" in Spaihts's script; the name was changed to avoid confusion with a studio exec) was originally slated to be marooned on LV-223 or 426.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 20, 2012, 03:40:37 AM
Perhaps when rolling up their sleeves for Deacon design they though they might use the alien on the mural that they designed
That's what I think too. Can't be just the product of a case.7

Just noticed the article has my fan-title for an Alien Prequel: 'Alien Genesis'. f**k!

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I dont get whats so hard to understand. The "deacon" is before the alien was perfected. it looks the way it does cause it is outdated. It came from a jockey, that was sleeping for a LONG time. Mixed with human dna, its a freak accident mixed with an outdated biological mashup.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jun 20, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
I dont get whats so hard to understand. The "deacon" is before the alien was perfected. it looks the way it does cause it is outdated.

The alien linage (as we know it from Alien/Aliens/Alien3) was designed/perfected 2000 some odd years Before Deacon (B.D.)

The classic Alien DNA/look is actually a vintage mix.

The Giger Alien has a 2000 year old biology. The Deacon is a newer harvest.

I've been seeing this confusion a lot around the boards about the age differences and the "What came first: The Chicken, or the Egg" styled questions.

If you ask me ... I'd say the classic facehugger design was SPECIFICALLY created by the Engineers for humans. They are a tailor made biological weapon. The Bodyhugger or "Trilobite" as they call it in the art book, is a contaminated breed. A potentially more dangerous strain and more hideous to the Engineer since it is born out of the womb of it's own perceived failed creation.

Throw in there the implications of David's tinkering and the Deacon represents something incredibly sacrilegious to the Engineer. Life created by manufactured life by way of artificial life.

It is Prometheus via Mary Shelly. The power of life ... out of control ... destroying it's creator.

Ian Malcolm was right.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jun 20, 2012, 02:35:10 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Jun 20, 2012, 12:53:04 PM
I dont get whats so hard to understand. The "deacon" is before the alien was perfected. it looks the way it does cause it is outdated.

The alien linage (as we know it from Alien/Aliens/Alien3) was designed/perfected 2000 some odd years Before Deacon (B.D.)

The classic Alien DNA/look is actually a vintage mix.

The Giger Alien has a 2000 year old biology. The Deacon is a newer harvest.

I've been seeing this confusion a lot around the boards about the age differences and the "What came first: The Chicken, or the Egg" styled questions.

If you ask me ... I'd say the classic facehugger design was SPECIFICALLY created by the Engineers for humans. They are a tailor made biological weapon. The Bodyhugger or "Trilobite" as they call it in the art book, is a contaminated breed. A potentially more dangerous strain and more hideous to the Engineer since it is born out of the womb of it's own perceived failed creation.

Throw in there the implications of David's tinkering and the Deacon represents something incredibly sacrilegious to the Engineer. Life created by manufactured life by way of artificial life.

It is Prometheus via Mary Shelly. The power of life ... out of control ... destroying it's creator.

Ian Malcolm was right.

Not gonna lie, I didn't think of it in layers like that until reading your post. I mean, I got that's what happened, but I didn't think of the importance of it... I really love the themes they have going on here, I need to see the movie again.

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 20, 2012, 12:47:46 AM
If they do an extended cut, I dunno how likely they'll do an entire recut of the Fifeld attack sequence because that was a mess...are they usually ok with recutting entire film segments just for a "special edition"?  :-\

The scene was probably recut and reworked to erase any trace of Weyland leaving the ship at that moment.
I susupect the originalcut tomake more sense.

Hope the original Fifield xeno like mutant willbe reinstated too...

Gosh annoying to have to wait again to see the real movie...

psychonaut25

psychonaut25

Quote from: NGR01 on Jun 20, 2012, 08:05:58 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 20, 2012, 12:47:46 AM
If they do an extended cut, I dunno how likely they'll do an entire recut of the Fifeld attack sequence because that was a mess...are they usually ok with recutting entire film segments just for a "special edition"?  :-\

The scene was probably recut and reworked to erase any trace of Weyland leaving the ship at that moment.
I susupect the originalcut tomake more sense.

Hope the original Fifield xeno like mutant willbe reinstated too...

Gosh annoying to have to wait again to see the real movie...

And we have to wait a lot with this movie. I'm expecting another bunch of trailers for DVd/Bluray release.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The mural of interest is not' the one shown above.

The mural everyone should be looking at is the one with two Alien hands wrapped around a hatched Alien egg, which has the familiar four open petals on top. This is different and a direct depiction of the Alien creatures we all know. The original egg and original creature design's hands.

Giger's came first.

The magazine's journalists can say what they like, but this is on-screen evidence and, thus, must be considered canon if you want to link this back to the original movie continuity.

As for the Holloway picture, it's a very nice artistic depiction, but nothing revolutionary. As interesting as the various designs for Fifield's head were to look at, they're still not much different to the famous clone design's head which ADI made up for 'Alien Resurrection':

More grey than orange/cream, but still very similar.

Quote from: Aquarius8 on Jun 20, 2012, 03:37:58 AM
Thanks for posting these.  I don't see why there is some hate for the Proto-Xeno.  I think he/she/queen? Looks really cool.

Not so much hatred as disappointment. It's because a lot of people, including myself, felt it had a look and animation very similar to what you'd have expected to see out of a 1980s B-movie. The reason it rubbed a lot of us up the wrong way is because it was clearly Ridley Scott's attempt to out-Alien the Alien, when they had HR Giger on set, only to come up with what we saw.

It wouldn't have felt as cringe-worthy if it wasn't for knowing Giger was literally working on the same project, but he was.

All the more so, because Ridley Scott had been so widely quoted in publicity interviews for the film, trashing the original creature design. Which he's entitled to do, but it's like someone getting the chance to do a prequel to 'Back To The Future' and saying, "Nobody can make a DeLorean look like it can travel through time now - they're so out-dated!" Only to have their hero stumble across a time-travelling golf cart as the credits roll.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 21, 2012, 01:27:53 PM
The mural of interest is not' the one shown above.

The mural everyone should be looking at is the one with two Alien hands wrapped around a hatched Alien egg, which has the familiar four open petals on top. This is different and a direct depiction of the Alien creatures we all know. The original egg and original creature design's hands.

Giger's came first.

It's hard to believe anyone who actually watched the film even disputes this. We didn't even need to see Alien depictions in murals to know that Giger Aliens were of a 2000 ago strain. It's in the story. Many of the visual cues are throwing people off the scent of the true concept at work.

Further more, were the classic six fingered hands cradling the egg even recognizable on screen? I saw the film twice in theaters and didn't spot it. The 'crucified' alien being was front and center. (Looking more cocooned than crucified I might add.) Perhaps more symbolic of the Titan Prometheus than anything else in the film.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 21, 2012, 01:27:53 PM
As for the Holloway picture, it's a very nice artistic depiction, but nothing revolutionary. As interesting as the various designs for Fifield's head were to look at, they're still not much different to the famous clone design's head which ADI made up for 'Alien Resurrection':

There were lots of visual cues harkening back to the 4 Alien films and some I believe had to have been intentional. But in the case of the mutations, it feels more like different designers pulling from the same 'real life inspirations.' The same real world deformities that afflict people around the world. Birth defects, etc. Add in the most basic alien DNA and you're going to wide up with a very similar final product. Ridley just makes it look better on camera.

Did you mean to say Holloway? I only saw a picture of various Fifield creatures.

boostedlsj

boostedlsj

Yea I still have not seen this Alien Egg Mural. Must be hard to spot. Wish someone could post it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed