Elder Engineer and Costume Photos

Started by ikarop, Jun 14, 2012, 05:05:31 PM

Author
Elder Engineer and Costume Photos (Read 37,969 times)

Bat Chain Puller

I kinda liked the idea that the ship was hauling ass before the sacrifice. I don't know if it will feel the same to know there's an elder engineer just off camera in his Star Trek robes.

However, the elders presence does sort of mirror Weylands plight of risking everyone's life to prolong his own.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Skylark Duquesne on Jun 14, 2012, 10:32:19 PM
This looks preposterously like Star Trek. It reminds me of Spock being ritualistically initiated to some superior knowlege, or mindstate, in an early scene of STTMP.
The previzzed scene in the art of Prometheus book appeared more convincing. Is there a J.J. Abrams lurking in the shadows ? Ridley Scott's gray eminence ? Are we going to assist to a merger of those two franchises ?

This was my first impression. Something from Star Trek. Not that I had an exact scene in mind just that I thought I'd seen something similar before in that series.

I do like the opening as it is. I hope he doesn't tinker with that part. Actually it was probably one of the best parts of the movie.

samoht

samoht

Thanks for sharing these. They are great!

Mechafist

Mechafist

I guess Ridley liked Altered Beast  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGxYM3MHqY#

atlantis

atlantis

I love all the biomechanic details

samoht

samoht

Those pics confirm the idea that the suit has grown from or is connected to the skin.

zakzak

zakzak

I think it is a good decision to maintain air of mystery with the White Beings/Space Jockeys by not explaining them too much. In case of PROMETHEUS, the film does what others have failed: show instead of tell. Too many films suffer from over exposition, and sometimes you can hear the audience groan and complains. With the wordless, beguiling, awe-inspiring introduction of the White Beings, audience is more willing to immerse themselves in the story. Having said that, the proposed scene where the Elder blesses the Younger Engineer should be included. It will pay off near the end where one of the Engineers ruffles David's hair as if to bless him....before he rips his head off.

MrSpaceJockey

Interesting parallels with the head rubbing.

I'm not sure if I want to see this scene...I liked the theatrical version so much, but who knows, I might like the longer version even better. They must have filmed it. I remember an older "leaked trailer" description, with a waterfall, and 2 cloaked figures...

Morgoth

Morgoth

Please let there be an extended cut on the blu-ray

souNdwAve89

Quote from: nerdy916 on Jun 15, 2012, 03:54:31 AM

Wait, I thought it was confirmed or was Ridley Scott just thinking about adding the 20 minutes that was cut for the theatrical release?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: souNdwAve89 on Jun 15, 2012, 04:04:07 AM
Quote from: nerdy916 on Jun 15, 2012, 03:54:31 AM

Wait, I thought it was confirmed or was Ridley Scott just thinking about adding the 20 minutes that was cut for the theatrical release?

If I recall correctly, there's going to be about 30 extra minutes on the Blu Ray, but he's only adding 20 of those minutes directly into the film.

Qwertify

Qwertify

Quote from: Mechafist on Jun 15, 2012, 01:43:56 AM
I guess Ridley liked Altered Beast  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypGxYM3MHqY#

I noticed that the game include those little scan bots and the engineer disintegration, amongst the obvious.

Morgoth

Morgoth

thanks. Knowing fox they will milk the blu-ray for all it's worth

Symn

Symn

That's lame. I thought they were all almost the same, like identical twins. And that they didnt age. All near-immortal, self-made Gods. But nooooooo... stupid priest.

C91_SJ

C91_SJ

I want a shirt that looks like this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed