10 Things You Didn't Know About Prometheus + New Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jun 12, 2012, 06:23:20 PM

Author
10 Things You Didn't Know About Prometheus + New Concept Art (Read 27,648 times)

The Hyena

Whats that thing that looks attached with a tube to the Engineer's arm.  Is that a gun attachment onto his suit?

Also...I thought Giger's designs weren't too good and that he was burnt out?

Aceburster

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 12, 2012, 07:23:00 PM
Quote(In Spaiht's script versions, Weyland isn't aboard the Prometheus at all — instead, there's a hidden squad of company soldiers.)

Jebus this Spaiht's script need to be released. Everything i hear from it has things that just make so much more sense.

Im curious to see what his intent was as well. Keep feelin like we literally got parts of 2 awesome yet different movies fused together and they didnt compliment each other so well. If we could get a Prometheus Makers series I bet we would hear some serious s*** about how this came together lol.

Lostsoul

The early concept of the Engineer Bio-Suit is really Predator's inspired design. Tubes on the helmet and weapons on the forearm. But I think that it would have been lame as a blend of style on a Space Jockey, even in a supposed military Bio-Suit.
However in his back, these shapes reminds the Alien's back processor / air respirator(?) and could have been a great design track. :'(

fiveways

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 12, 2012, 08:03:45 PM
Whats that thing that looks attached with a tube to the Engineer's arm.  Is that a gun attachment onto his suit?

Giger is a 72 year old man with a checked past [at least one well documented account that he often used opium].  A brilliant man, but years of opiate abuse[if obannon is to be believed] can destroy your drive and will to forward yourself.  You get as comfortable with your rut as you are with everything else around you.

StrangeShape

Quote from: fiveways on Jun 12, 2012, 08:26:09 PM

Giger is a 72 year old man with a checked past [at least one well documented account that he often used opium].  A brilliant man, but years of opiate abuse[if obannon is to be believed] can destroy your drive and will to forward yourself.  You get as comfortable with your rut as you are with everything else around you.

Hes still a phenomeal artist tho and creates some brilliant and unique art unlike any other artist. That did not change

Blacklabel

True. His murals for this film were really top notch. :)

The Hyena

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 12, 2012, 10:31:48 PM
Quote from: fiveways on Jun 12, 2012, 08:26:09 PM

Hes still a phenomeal artist tho and creates some brilliant and unique art unlike any other artist. That did not change

I agree, but wasn't it reported that his concept creature designs for Prometheus weren't stellar?

Jenga

Quote from: The Hyena on Jun 12, 2012, 10:36:46 PM
I agree, but wasn't it reported that his concept creature designs for Prometheus weren't stellar?

Is there any report of any designs that he actually did for this film? So far we heard he was going to work on it years ago. Then we have not heard or seen a single article or interview where he actually completed any designs.

To be honest it seems like there was a falling out and he did not work for the film.

whiterabbit

The concept art is visually stunning. It's not often that it literally defeats what was used in the movie or is that because the concept art is more akin to the alien universe than what is in Prometheus?

HybridNewborn

If they make a Prometheus game, they should use a bunch of stuff from the unused concept artworks. Make the game be about Shaw making her way through the other pyramids on her search for a Juggernaut to commandeer. I would love to explore that cave area with all the giant faces carved into the walls, and fight some of the horrors the creature design team came up with.

Xenomrph

Alternately, a game where you play as an Engineer just raging out and murdering nameless scientists with your bare hands by throwing them against the walls.

David can be a "boss fight", but the twist is it only takes one hit to kill him and you just rip his head right off.

THE AUTHENTIC MOVIE EXPERIENCE, IN VIDEO GAME FORM.

Seriously it would sell a hojillion bazillion copies.

Brego

The creature design was very dissapointing and obviously not designed by Giger.  I thought but hugger and xeno looked crap.  Otherwise loved the film.

Sylizar

Xenomrph that needs to happen!

Was I the only one dissapointed that we were promised new creature art and got none. I want to see Carlos's more monstrous ideas.

XenoVC

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jun 12, 2012, 11:52:40 PM
Alternately, a game where you play as an Engineer just raging out and murdering nameless scientists with your bare hands by throwing them against the walls.

David can be a "boss fight", but the twist is it only takes one hit to kill him and you just rip his head right off.

THE AUTHENTIC MOVIE EXPERIENCE, IN VIDEO GAME FORM.

Seriously it would sell a hojillion bazillion copies.

Only if you make a "Let's Play".

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Jenga on Jun 12, 2012, 07:10:24 PM
After reading this three upsetting things became more apparent:

1) Giger definitely did not design the sculpted mural, it was merely a homage.
2) Ridley was heavily involved in the creature design and he toned down the giger elements throughout the sets and creatures to make it feel "more real" in his words. (SPOILER: I wonder if that is why the pseudo-proto-xeno has pink gums and enamel teeth?: END SPOILER)
3) Carlos Huante (whom is a great designer but not right for this project in my personal opinion) created designs for proto facehuggers and xenos (it sounds like legitimate xeno precursors) and they got cut.

I just can't wrap my head around why Ridley so clearly and specifcially white washed the giger out of this movie. The only exception is the general look of the pilot room and the engineer outer armor. So sad.

totally agree i know he wanted the more organic feel but youd think the whole point of the origin of biomechanics would have bio mechanics in it, he drifted too much with that

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed