10 Things You Didn't Know About Prometheus + New Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jun 12, 2012, 06:23:20 PM

Author
10 Things You Didn't Know About Prometheus + New Concept Art (Read 27,975 times)

Darkness

Article on io9 about the conceptual design of the movie: http://io9.com/5917639/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-design-of-prometheus

Some new concept art:

Infected

Why dont a concept art guy make a comic in this style?
for f**k sake it looks amazing!!!

LV426 rock tease.

Jenga

Jenga

After reading this three upsetting things became more apparent:

1) Giger definitely did not design the sculpted mural, it was merely a homage.
2) Ridley was heavily involved in the creature design and he toned down the giger elements throughout the sets and creatures to make it feel "more real" in his words. (SPOILER: I wonder if that is why the pseudo-proto-xeno has pink gums and enamel teeth?: END SPOILER)
3) Carlos Huante (whom is a great designer but not right for this project in my personal opinion) created designs for proto facehuggers and xenos (it sounds like legitimate xeno precursors) and they got cut.

I just can't wrap my head around why Ridley so clearly and specifcially white washed the giger out of this movie. The only exception is the general look of the pilot room and the engineer outer armor. So sad.

Darkness

I thought Ridley Scott said Giger spent like 9 months designing the mural.

PREDDY VEDDER

Love the thread. Gonna watch the movie in 4 hours so I was very hesitant (possible spoilers)  about reading this. Pics are awesome.

Xenomrph

Cannot wait to get that Prometheus art book in the mail, holy shit.

I really love the concept art I've seen so far, I just wish the movie had been closer to it. :(

DaddyYautja

Quote(In Spaiht's script versions, Weyland isn't aboard the Prometheus at all — instead, there's a hidden squad of company soldiers.)

Jebus this Spaiht's script need to be released. Everything i hear from it has things that just make so much more sense.

Jenga

Jenga

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 12, 2012, 07:18:45 PM
I thought Ridley Scott said Giger spent like 9 months designing the mural.

The quote by Steven Messing is that he sculpted the mural (note from me: The reason one person could be credited is because he probably sculpted by himself at a smaller scale and then had it scanned and blown up to full scale as is often the case these days in fine art).

Lostsoul

Would have been awesome to have Max von Sydow as Peter Weyland  :o

ThisBethesdaSea

Wow...so Giger wasn't even involved?? What fu€king liars they all were.

Also....you can totally see the Goblin Shark in the face of the proto-Xeno.

xii22loop

it was so obvious Giger did no work for the film. I mean like just look at that mural, it looks like the Deacon thing.
Am I the only one that can spot this subtle difference between something that IS designed by Giger and something that is designed to LOOK Giger-like.

Gazz

Quote from: Lostsoul on Jun 12, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

It's strange. Yesterday my partner asked who I would have liked to see as old Weyland and Max Von Sydow was the actor I settled on. Strange to hear that it could have become an actual possibility.

Jenga

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jun 12, 2012, 07:39:38 PM
Wow...so Giger wasn't even involved?? What fu€king liars they all were.

Also....you can totally see the Goblin Shark in the face of the proto-Xeno.

I was thinking the same things exactly :(

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Gazz on Jun 12, 2012, 07:43:27 PM
Quote from: Lostsoul on Jun 12, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

It's strange. Yesterday my partner asked who I would have liked to see as old Weyland and Max Von Sydow was the actor I settled on. Strange to hear that it could have become an actual possibility.

You're not alone...this morning I was contemplating on who could have portrayed an old Weyland, and maybe it was because "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" has been one of the most recent movies I've watched, but Max Von Sydow came to my mind too.  I'm really intrigued that there actually was a possibility of him being in the role.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed