Prometheus Theories Article + New Engineer Pics

Started by Darkness, Jun 11, 2012, 06:10:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Theories Article + New Engineer Pics (Read 29,763 times)

Dirty Harry

Schwarzenegger?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xhan on Jun 11, 2012, 09:57:12 PM
Quote from: newbeing on Jun 11, 2012, 08:25:45 PM
Maybe other theories have covered this, but has there been any  mention of there being different factions of "Engineers?"  It looks like there are two kinds, one that we see at the beginning of the film which is unclothed, pinker in color, and somewhat less malicious looking. Also its ship (assuming it came from that ship) doesn't look like a sleek battleship. Maybe this was a faction of Engineers that believed in the power of creation, while the other Engineers we see on LV-223 are more focused on destruction?

Or it could be the engineer at the beginning was just less technologically advanced and its race hadn't merged itself with biological technologies. 

Yeah a couple mates and I have gone over the faction thingie in a religious light. It's conceivable, seeing as Scott said the whole result of Alien was a "crashed bomber in a war" in the first place.

I like this. It makes sense for there to be more than one group of engineers. Something goes sour between them, cue a "war in heaven". That's always how i thought of the jockies pre-prometheus.

Quote from: Ooze on First on Jun 11, 2012, 06:53:11 PM
I always LOL at the THEORY of evolution and its use on TV and in film.
The only way anyone can make it work is to put it a science-fiction environment.
The operable word here being, 'fiction'.

0/10, try harder next time.

szkoki

he looks like an angel...i wonder how the womens look like

DaddyYautja

I just noticed that this Engie is wearing the same underwear as Shaw.
Is this supposed to be one of them deep thoughtful things that are supposed to mean something or just the director liking the look of the thing?

BANE

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 12, 2012, 11:24:12 AM
I just noticed that this Engie is wearing the same underwear as Shaw.
Is this supposed to be one of them deep thoughtful things that are supposed to mean something or just the director liking the look of the thing?
Neither. 20th Century Fox has a 'Fruit of the Looms' sponsorship.

VickersAsh

Quote from: Shodan09 on Jun 11, 2012, 08:31:11 PM
The lv 223 engineer is merged with his suit, you can tell mostly around the neck (mostly). I took it as showing the evolution of the engineers from organic life to biomechanics. Maybe they became "corrupted" when they began merging themselves with technology.

ooooh i like this theory! the saucer type spaceship at the beginning of the movie didn't seem biomechanical at all.
their technology obviously evolved in the almost 200.000 years, or whatever, since they created mankind

whatisthematrix

hello!

I think the light eyes show that the engineers have emotion and compassion.

Pure black is too comical and just denotes "evil" and wizardry of some sort like harry potter.!

TerminatorRoyce

I'm wondering why everybody calls proto-xenomorph on the end of the film, 'couse we saw befor a diorama or something like that in the ship...so they (the Engineers know about Aliens before). I think The egg-think was the first type bioweapon - what we saw in Alien, and in Prometheus it is Alien 2.0 - which is the more agressive weapon, the black thing.

Space7Horror

No the alien in the end is a weopnized version of the alien we all know the alien we all know is it's own spe IRS but the jockeys wanted to control it so they made the goo so it could create the deacon at the end of Prometheus

whatisthematrix

But remember they had the alien statue/wall design in the chamber. It was clearly "black" like the alien we know, with the big head, a torso and arms stretched out...

So i think the alien was around already - i mean - what was chasing them? what was the green goo on the visual ship log controls? It was alien goo!  :D

Xenomrph

Quote from: TerminatorRoyce on Jun 12, 2012, 02:19:48 PM
I'm wondering why everybody calls proto-xenomorph on the end of the film
Because it's an easy term and everyone who saw the movie instantly knows what you're talking about when you say it, even if it's not technically "correct".

TREVER

... Also noticed that the Engineer in the film's intro who sacrifices himself in order to create life is also dressed in nothing but robes, similar to the description of "Jesus" type thing. The vessel was also more "flying saucer" style, which is a common report in ancient history on earth and "contact". So0o perhaps the vessels and Engineers we see on this particular planet were truly the soldiers of the race, unlike the intro's Engineer? Kind of like the death/life theory? What y'all think?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Darkness on Jun 11, 2012, 06:10:44 PM

Mmmpppfffff---

Looks like some commercial for a male perfume.

Shasvre

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 12, 2012, 06:06:42 PM

Oh man oh man oh man. My lungs... they need some rest.

Thank you. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed