Ridley admits pieces were cut.

Started by GreatKnower, Jun 03, 2012, 06:24:36 PM

Author
Ridley admits pieces were cut. (Read 30,853 times)

zuzuki

zuzuki

I was just watching the beginning and in the scene
Spoiler
with the engineer drinking the black goo, he drinks that, starts to get affected, a shot on his face in a position, then bam, the next shot is the one from the trailer with his head f**ked up looking at his hand. that scene was cut like shit. i'm sure there were more shots to that
[close]

Also ll the beginning of the film seems have shots missing. The opening sequence i feel was too short, and has a very quick pace to it. And it reminded me of Star trek together with the music

Prime113

Prime113

It doesn't matter if you watched the whole thing or not, its that you pretty much gave him a link to a P2P site. That's a no no here.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 05, 2012, 02:19:09 AM
It doesn't matter if you watched the whole thing or not, its that you pretty much gave him a link to a P2P site. That's a no no here.
i think you meant to post that in the other thread, and i didn't give anyone any link, i just said there's a cam rip on a torrent site. ::)

Prime113

Prime113

Shit, it was.  :laugh:

Listen, dude, I'm just trying to help you not get banned. That is one of the more enforced rules here.

zuzuki

zuzuki

ok i understand, but it's kinda silly if you can even say the following thin:''hey guys there is a bla,bla, movie available on torrent sites. it's like fight club, you don't even talk about it lol :))

Prime113

Prime113

:laugh: Dig the reference.

What I seen, now, forgive me if this was form a different user, you posted the full name of the rip you downloaded. Now, all I would have to do is google that and I could find it. That's what I meant. But, you do whatever you want. This thread is about Ridley lying to us about cuts.

That bastard.

evolution_rex

*Reads title of the thread*

Pieces of the film were cut out? SAY WHAT? How unusual. This has never been done before.

Seriously, what did you guys expect?

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: evolution_rex on Jun 05, 2012, 04:08:46 AM
*Reads title of the thread*

Pieces of the film were cut out? SAY WHAT? How unusual. This has never been done before.

Seriously, what did you guys expect?

Deleted scenes are one thing, I think most people here are wondering where the rest of the movie is.

dave1978

dave1978

Yep,  deleted chapters are what im hoping for.

Narcissus

Narcissus

Great Scott!  an extended version is a definite!  Scott himself made confirmation of that already, saying that is what the market bears these days. The only question is--how long until they inevitably release it?  I am somewhat disappointed if much was compromised for the sake of running time. "The Dark Knight Rises" is going to be 2hrs and 45 min long in theaters when released after all.

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

I'm hoping that a Director's Cut will be released on DVD and Blu-ray at the same time as the theatrical cut, perhaps even on the same disc(s). However, I fear that Fox will be greedy and release it at LEAST a few months after the theatrical cut.

Having said that, I feel that a Director's Cut should involve removing segments too, specifically those of unnecessary exposition and also chopping out as much of the awful dialogue as is possible without remiving anything that's really necessary.

Damon Lindelof should be ashamed of himself for his awful contributions to this film.

I'd like to see some of the music removed too, or replaced with something much better - most of it is so bland and generic and is played during scenes that would be better with no music at all.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 05, 2012, 07:25:39 PM
Damon Lindelof should be ashamed of himself for his awful contributions to this film.

In fairness, we still don't know what the original script he worked on was like. It could have been worse.

Zenzucht

Zenzucht

Actually, Prometheus can not be discussed along with the The Dark Knight Rises.. Because The Dark Knight made $1 billion in the box office, PG-13 rating is a joke.

Decisions about the Prometheus and The Dark Knight Rises (from the development point of view), are thus totally different..

:D

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jun 05, 2012, 08:35:35 PM
Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 05, 2012, 07:25:39 PM

In fairness, we still don't know what the original script he worked on was like. It could have been worse.

Worse? That would be one hell of an achievement. Up until now i always thought that Cameron wrote awful dialogue, but in comparison to what we heard in Prometheus, Cameron's dialogue is positively Shakespearean.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Unless they cut out at least one hours worth of footage, I doubt an extra 20min would make any difference to the crappy story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed