A Time of Remakes and More Remakes!

Started by A.Nightmare, Aug 24, 2007, 04:33:43 PM

Author
A Time of Remakes and More Remakes! (Read 4,792 times)

InFaHazel

InFaHazel

Anyone Remember Tango and Cash ? this is not the first time hollywood has had writers block... i seem to remember a great deal of the late 80s and most of the 90s sucking when it came to movie theaters and original ideas and plots.. the one remake i would like to see that might happen.. A remake of jaws not that they could out do the original acting. but remake it  because of how  poorly the shark operated for the film. Steven said he wanted to remake jaws and i would watch it for the new efx and shark attack scenes . I would like to see the nightmare on elm street remake made if they had Neil Patrick Harris or whatever the guy from harold and kumar's name is.. the hitch hiker on all the drugs.. he looks enough like robert englund and i think he is a good enough actor to make Freddy Kruger a very creepy child rapist murderer

Stalker

Quote from: InFaHazel on Aug 08, 2008, 12:43:30 PM
I would like to see the nightmare on elm street remake

Here.

As far as a remake of Jaws...it would be nothing without the original cast members.

Onto the subject of an Alien remake (or re-boot, whichever way you want to look at it), I honestly think it could be done well, if Fox put in the time & money, & got the right director for the film. My only real concern would be the cast, since most of the originals are quite aged now. Yes, Ridley Scott's film is a classic, but some remakes do in fact surpass their predecessors.

Halloween is a prime example. As much as I know many people disagree, I think it was a brilliant film, & showed a level of depth & intensity that went far beyond Carpenter's film.

If Alien were re-made, I honestly see the potential for a visceral, terrifying adventure which could truly bring the scare factor back into the franchise. As long as the material was treated with respect.

Cellien

I think Alien 5 with new characters, new story, new everything would be cool.  Don't call it Alien 5, but Alien: (Cool title here that relates to the old and new).  Have the movie more of a reboot of characters and new story but with the familiar and infamous Xenomorphs.  It's possible the movie could have subtle links to the previous films, but nothing too heavy.. Just enough to give it some ground. 

Vemados

With the wave of movies coming out now that are actually good, I think that if they really put effort into is they could make a good Predator-less Alien movie.  We'd all watch it anyway, so w/e.

Also, I thought that Robert Englund was returning to play Freddy!  That's a role I don't think anyone else could pull off.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed