Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 152,328 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Dude getting his head bashed in.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I found the movie to pretty violent. The movie was a lot darker then most PG-13 movies that I've seen in the past few years (2006 - now).

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 03, 2012, 08:40:14 PM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 03, 2012, 08:38:59 PM
It was not THAT violent.
C-Section.

Maybe I just don't see it being that BAD. Oh well.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I don't either, but it's because we are used to horror films. Generic audience is not.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 04, 2012, 12:46:12 PM
I don't either, but it's because we are used to horror films. Generic audience is not.

I think if they just used 1 or 2 quicker cuts, it wouldn't have been bad at all.  What I think sold it the most, was Noomi's acting.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Prime113 on Oct 04, 2012, 01:00:17 PM

I think if they just used 1 or 2 quicker cuts, it wouldn't have been bad at all.  What I think sold it the most, was Noomi's acting.

Like her or not, she f**king BEASTED that scene. I loved it. Felt real. Her acting was phenomenal in that part. \

P.S. You buy RE6?

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 04, 2012, 04:33:24 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Oct 04, 2012, 01:00:17 PM

Like her or not, she f**king BEASTED that scene. I loved it. Felt real. Her acting was phenomenal in that part. \

P.S. You buy RE6?

No doubt, man. And, I love her, so that doesn't hurt.  :P

P.S. Next week I shall have it for the xbox.

Gazz

Gazz

Prometheus Outsells Avatar on Digital Download. Also Blu-Ray accounts for 71% of all physical media purchases made.

QuoteTwentieth Century Fox believes "Prometheus" has discovered a flicker of hope for homevideo, as the studio's vigorous promotion of a lower-cost, purchase-only early window sparked a notable number of first-time digital buyers and previous renters to own the sci-fi thriller for $14.99.

What's more, with a whopping 71% of subsequent "Prometheus" discs selling in Blu-ray in its first days to market, the three-week online pre-sale did not alienate buyers of the premium physical format.

"Results in those first weeks were really solid," said Mike Dunn, president of home entertainment at Fox, which does not disclose digital sales totals but shared some details of returns with Variety. " 'Prometheus' (downloads) actually outsold 'Avatar' by 11%, and while digital sell-through product is usually about 3% of total revenue in the first year of release, this will be more like 12%."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118060734

bishoop

bishoop

is that it now?

zuzuki

zuzuki

^^^ it hasn't been updated in a while.probably 410 million

Gazz

Gazz

No, it didn't make all that much more in Italy and was taken out of China after completing it's 5 week run (they have rules as to how long a film can play).

$403 is the official final figure, perhaps it made close to $405 after they stopped tracking the film but it simply didn't have the legs or territory to reach $410m. Good box office haul nonetheless.

On home-video Prometheus has opened to $18m on Blu-Ray and $6m on DVD in North America.

www.the-numbers.com

Gazz

Gazz

Prometheus 2nd week home video figures for North America are in and The-Numbers.com have made a mess of them.

It took another $5m on Blu-Ray and $3m on DVD. However The-Numbers only added $1m to the overall Blu-Ray total from last week. Total should be at close to/over $23m on BR for an overall home video total of around $32m after 2 weeks.

bishoop

bishoop

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2012&p=.htm
as expected its been kicked out the top 10 by stupid Twilight  >:(  , something called The Intouchables (WTF is that?), and Skyfall (which is doing crazy box office - currently at $792m ww -and still yet to open in Japan/China so it could go on to be the first billion $ Bond...)...plus theres The Hobbit to come...

Virgil

Virgil

Quote from: bishoop on Nov 27, 2012, 08:40:47 PM
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/yearly/chart/?view2=worldwide&yr=2012&p=.htm
as expected its been kicked out the top 10 by stupid Twilight  >:(  , something called The Intouchables (WTF is that?), and Skyfall (which is doing crazy box office - currently at $792m ww -and still yet to open in Japan/China so it could go on to be the first billion $ Bond...)...plus theres The Hobbit to come...

completely expected to be honest. Still, it's done pretty damn well.

SM

SM

QuoteThe Intouchables (WTF is that?)

Very successful French flick

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed