Prometheus Box Office

Started by Spidey3121, Jun 02, 2012, 03:20:19 AM

Author
Prometheus Box Office (Read 151,961 times)

orchidal

orchidal

Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 02, 2012, 01:33:52 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 02, 2012, 10:13:56 AM
I wish the film stunning financial success, so they can make a sequel ... and I hope they listen to the criticisms, so they avoid the same ridiculous mistakes.

Simple solution - drop Damon Lindelof down a very deep hole and keep him well away from any sequel. :)

but Jonsey, it is only the Lindlcock who knows the "answers" to future sequels

JonesTheCat

JonesTheCat

Quote from: orchidal on Jun 02, 2012, 01:37:26 PM
Quote from: JonesTheCat on Jun 02, 2012, 01:33:52 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 02, 2012, 10:13:56 AM
I wish the film stunning financial success, so they can make a sequel ... and I hope they listen to the criticisms, so they avoid the same ridiculous mistakes.

Simple solution - drop Damon Lindelof down a very deep hole and keep him well away from any sequel. :)

Hah - I'm sure that a GOOD writer could come up with far better answers than Damy Lindy. :)

but Jonsey, it is only the Lindlcock who knows the "answers" to future sequels

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Though primarily about he domestic success of Snow White, it also touches on Prometheus's international start, particularly in the UK. It's doing well...

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/snow-white-and-the-huntsman-opens-to-1-383m-midnights-from-1092-theaters-better-than-mib3/#more-280573

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I went to view the film on opening night, here in the UK.  The cinema was packed!

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 02, 2012, 08:46:28 PM
I went to view the film on opening night, here in the UK.  The cinema was packed!

I saw a midnight screening here in the UK.  It was a full house.  I then went to a 10am showing the following morning.  Full house again. :)

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

lol, it must just be my city then, or the cinema i went to, but seriously, there were about 15 to 20 people in the 8pm showing, i could have sat anywhere, then there were only about 3 people waiting for the next showing when i left.

and is it just me or are there more and more adverts in cinema every year?, it seemed like the ads were on about 45 mins at least!

thanks

rich

Promethean Fire

Promethean Fire

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Jun 02, 2012, 09:24:20 PM
lol, it must just be my city then, or the cinema i went to, but seriously, there were about 15 to 20 people in the 8pm showing, i could have sat anywhere, then there were only about 3 people waiting for the next showing when i left.

and is it just me or are there more and more adverts in cinema every year?, it seemed like the ads were on about 45 mins at least!

thanks

rich

Yeah, adverts seem to be getting longer.  I didn't mind the Colonial Marines advert though.  ;)

I had no adverts at the midnight showing.  It was bliss.   :)

HudsonHicks

HudsonHicks

Saw the midday showing in Harrow today. About 20 people max.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

22:00 showing on launch day in Amsterdam is what I went to. Full house. People even sat on our designated seats and we had to shoo them off. :)

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

what did you think of it eddie?. youre usually a level headed guy, would like to know what you thought.

thanks

rich

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 02, 2012, 09:18:45 PM

I saw a midnight screening here in the UK.  It was a full house.  I then went to a 10am showing the following morning.  Full house again. :)

Yeah, the midnight screening on opening night was packed out in Chatham. Mostly late teens and a few over 40s (me included). Some cheering at the start - silence thereafter. Theatre emptied in silence.

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

i live in hull though, its a bit of a strange place for events, example, we had the who on at kc stadium, hardly anybody went, yet they got full house everywhere else in england on that tour lol...

but saying that, usually most big/hyped films are usually full house here on the opening night, but this cinema is pretty new and a small place compared to most of the others, so maybe its just that cinema thats not too popular.

i dont go to cinema often, so its hard to judge too much.

thanks

rich

Nichs

Nichs

Quote from: ucdom on Jun 02, 2012, 11:23:46 PM
Yeah, the midnight screening on opening night was packed out in Chatham.

Chatham Kent?

Winkie Bear

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Nichs on Jun 03, 2012, 12:15:02 AM
Quote from: ucdom on Jun 02, 2012, 11:23:46 PM
Yeah, the midnight screening on opening night was packed out in Chatham.

Chatham Kent?
Yup, were you there too?

Nichs

Nichs

Quote from: ucdom on Jun 03, 2012, 12:17:24 AM
Yup, were you there too?

Nah I live in Maidstone tho but went up the Imax at Greenwich to watch it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed