Logan Marshall Green and Holloway

Started by hfeldhaus, Jun 01, 2012, 07:56:53 PM

Author
Logan Marshall Green and Holloway (Read 2,135 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

From the trailers we saw many members were here damning LMG to hell for what appeared to be bad acting and being unlike able. However after seeing the film I felt he had done a pretty good job and his character really created a nice level for shaws character. Does anyone else who seen it agree? And the people who havent seen, it but read about LMG on here, has your stance changed at all or are you still not liking what you've seen so far?

Valaquen

He is a good actor, and embodies the character well ... but the character is Scrappy Doo, and his main dramatic scene is cut short and butchered by the editing :/

Cvalda

Cvalda

"Not liking" would be an understatement.

Promethean Fire

I actually liked the guy.  Especially during the scene where he accidentally hurt Shaw's feelings regarding her
Spoiler
sterility
[close]
.  The way he apologised to her was touching.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

It seems to be a strong character and has some moments who definitely proves it. Stronger as David and Shaw but the edit of the film is so shitty and empty of everything it don't give the character justice. His supposed to be a major character but in this cut he's just half of it. A possible DC can maybe arrange that. I think more of Holloway can make the film better. A lot of the answers can come from him. Some of the holes, blanks and incoherences in the film can easily be fill by an improvement of his character.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 01, 2012, 07:57:44 PM
He is a good actor, and embodies the character well ... but the character is Scrappy Doo, and his main dramatic scene is cut short and butchered by the editing :/

Yeah the editing completely f**ked him there! Should have been much more dramatic
Spoiler
. I actually felt sorry for him in his death scene and LMG was very convincing when he falls ill in the temple
[close]

Cvalda I didn't like him either in the trailers but when your exposed to him longer his character is much deeper than just scrappy doo. His character arc is one of the more interesting things in the film.
Spoiler
How he reacts to not being able to answer his own question is well done and how he gives in to death is endearinGg in my view. Its just a shame he's given such a short death scene like the rest of the crew (I'm hey confident that this film was shot as an 18 but was reduce to a 15 (NC17>R
[close]
)

Deuterium

Quote from: Promethean Fire on Jun 01, 2012, 07:58:17 PM
I actually liked the guy.  Especially during the scene where he accidentally hurt Shaw's feelings regarding her
Spoiler
sterility
[close]
.  The way he apologised to her was touching.

Spoiler
By impregnating her with a tentacle monstrosity ??  He needs to work on his apologies!   ;)
[close]

JKS1

JKS1

I was one of the original LMG haters comparing him to JarJar Binks, but was happily surprised to find that his performance in the movie was nowhere near as bad as the editing in the trailers made me believe.

I certainly wouldn't say he was 'good' but he wasn't awful, and I actually felt sorry for him when he suffered his fate

chupacabras acheronsis

he was the only person with some defined goals in the crew. everyone seemed to be just f**king around playing scientist, but Holloway was determined to a)archive communication and b)get answers. nobody else had goals, not even Shaw.

he also seemed to be the only person not acting like a scaredy little boy or just waiting for the movie to be over.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Jun 01, 2012, 10:50:00 PM
he also seemed to be the only person not acting like a scaredy little boy or just waiting for the movie to be over.

very true, apart from janek. they commanded the rest of the crew. he should have been given more screen time as he really did develop into a character with a lot of potential

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed