A possible answer to one of the questions Prometheus gives us

Started by Kev Loaf, Jun 01, 2012, 10:14:30 AM

Author
A possible answer to one of the questions Prometheus gives us (Read 5,231 times)

Kev Loaf

The main question in Prometheus is, why after creating us do the engineers want to destroy us?

My theory is that we were never meant to be created in the first place!!!

What if the sacrafise engineer was part of a group of engineers that dabbled where they were not meant to and ended up creating life on earth and developing it. The engineers in the cave paintings could be engineers part of this group, a group that wanted to created a new world. MAybe they were sick of their home planet.

Then the engineer leaders back in the home planet discover these experiments and decide to sent a ship to wipe out earth. However, their mission gets sabotaged by some supporters of the earth engineers who release the weapon on them. The only survivor is the last engineer who goes into hiding. 

atlantis

Cool theory..I like it :)

timiteh

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 10:14:30 AM
The main question in Prometheus is, why after creating us do the engineers want to destroy us?

My theory is that we were never meant to be created in the first place!!!

What if the sacrafise engineer was part of a group of engineers that dabbled where they were not meant to and ended up creating life on earth and developing it. The engineers in the cave paintings could be engineers part of this group, a group that wanted to created a new world. MAybe they were sick of their home planet.

Then the engineer leaders back in the home planet discover these experiments and decide to sent a ship to wipe out earth. However, their mission gets sabotaged by some supporters of the earth engineers who release the weapon on them. The only survivor is the last engineer who goes into hiding.

You know, it is very strange because i was thinking of something similar the previous night.
I find it curious that a species who has been life engineers for so long (and we are talking dozen if not hundred of millions of years), is simply unable to correctly deal with some biotech weapon.
I mean it should not be that difficult to control a xenomorph or another biotech infestation for such an advanced race.
I personnaly have a hard time to consider xenomorphs as a massive desruction weapon as they would have a hard time to  spread that easily once the infestation is discovered. One of the two only things i like about AVP:Requiem is the way the army stop once and for all the xenomorph spreading. It was efficient and decisive.

So, we should wonder if it was really an accident 2000 years ago or if some engineers, agaisnt the extermination of human race, willingly infect themselves and/or others to stop the attack.
We can go even further, perhaps LV-223 was the hq of a rogue group of engineers who decided to seed life on earth, never thought that a sentient species would rise on this planet and decided to wipe out humans before the engineers leader/ruling caste find out and punished them. Then a conflict eructed between the members of this rogue group and some used a biotech weapon to wipe out the others but it result in the extermination of the whole group besides one.

Bigticket

Maybe in the beggining they didnt want to destroy us. Maybe the whole reason for creating us was the need to develop perfect organism - the alien. maybe the plan was to simply bring urns to the earth so we get infected , reproduce  creating giant facehuggers that lead to creating xenos. Maybe we were created as a stepping stone to something far greater .

considering they knew how the xeno would look like means they encountered us before in some way.

Kev Loaf

Kev Loaf

Quote from: Bigticket on Jun 01, 2012, 03:33:35 PM
Maybe in the beggining they didnt want to destroy us. Maybe the whole reason for creating us was the need to develop perfect organism - the alien. maybe the plan was to simply bring urns to the earth so we get infected , reproduce  creating giant facehuggers that lead to creating xenos. Maybe we were created as a stepping stone to something far greater .

considering they knew how the xeno would look like means they encountered us before in some way.

created humans to serve as "incubators" for the true superior creature that wanted to develop....I like it!

They had the urns already to be transferred and then something went wrong.

Winkie Bear

I have to say that it stetches (and breaks completely) all credibility that these engineers created life on Earth, somewhere from 3 - 4 billion years ago, and kept fiddling to produce humans a mere 100,000 years ago but then stopped all contact 2000 years ago and now want to wipe the slate clean.

I could just about buy the idea that they only arrived on the scene and engineered intelligent humans some tens of thousands of years ago, but why make us smart if we're only incubators?

The most logical construction I can think of is that this race of engineers set up a military base on LV-223 to develop their death weapon and chose the nearest habitable sun with a life bearing planet (us, barely 40 light years away) to do the tests. But why then leave cave paintings showing the location of their base?

I think none of this makes sense.

Bigticket

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
Quote from: Bigticket on Jun 01, 2012, 03:33:35 PM

created humans to serve as "incubators" for the true superior creature that wanted to develop....I like it!

They had the urns already to be transferred and then something went wrong.

yep. now thinkin 'bout it the whole xeno mural doesnt need to mean they created it before. They are engineers , maybe thats the design before the creation. i mean, i study architecture, im going to be engineer myself, we do make models of the building before the building is made.

Predaker

After they woke the sleeping engineer, how long before he started taking people out? Was there something that seemingly triggered the engineer to start killing besides waking him up?

Kev Loaf

Quote from: ucdom on Jun 01, 2012, 03:45:02 PM
I have to say that it stetches (and breaks completely) all credibility that these engineers created life on Earth, somewhere from 3 - 4 billion years ago, and kept fiddling to produce humans a mere 100,000 years ago but then stopped all contact 2000 years ago and now want to wipe the slate clean.

I could just about buy the idea that they only arrived on the scene and engineered intelligent humans some tens of thousands of years ago, but why make us smart if we're only incubators?

The most logical construction I can think of is that this race of engineers set up a military base on LV-223 to develop their death weapon and chose the nearest habitable sun with a life bearing planet (us, barely 40 light years away) to do the tests. But why then leave cave paintings showing the location of their base?

I agree, Lindelcock the hack has written a shit script. There is no doubting it. Those that say he left these "questions" on purpose to challenge us are just clutching at straws. I bet he has no answers to the questions he left. He has previous. The man is a hack.

Its just fun filling in the plot holes.

I like the idea of us being created by some rogue engineers and then when the other found out they sent a ship to destroy us but they were sabotaged.

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Predaker on Jun 01, 2012, 03:46:05 PM
After they woke the sleeping engineer, how long before he started taking people out? Was there something that seemingly triggered the engineer to start killing besides waking him up?

Spoiler

David woke him up, and then the humans were arguing about what questions to ask him. Shaw was insisting they ask where he was from and why they wanted to destroy us. Weyland was trying to shut her up and get David to ask other stuff.
David speaks to it in its own language (how he know this I don't know since he only had pictograms to work from).
The engineers touches his head, and I presume realises he's a robot, then lifts him up and rips his head off.

It's all over in a minute, and the engineer's response does not seem to make any sense to me.
[close]

Kev Loaf

Spoiler

He touches David and then freaks out. No explanation is given why.
[close]

- maybe he considered David a "disgrace" since he was not true human. He felt the humans had no right to create such artificial beings. Your guess is good as mine. Lindlecock does not even know himself i bet.

Predaker

So in other words, we are being trolled by the makers of this movie?  :laugh:

Bigticket

They should make a prequel to the Prometheus...

it will be a new trend in cinema, goin backwards instead of forward.

Winkie Bear

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 03:48:15 PM
Quote from: ucdom on Jun 01, 2012, 03:45:02 PM

I agree, Lindelcock the hack has written a shit script. There is no doubting it. Those that say he left these "questions" on purpose to challenge us are just clutching at straws. I bet he has no answers to the questions he left. He has previous. The man is a hack.

Its just fun filling in the plot holes.

I like the idea of us being created by some rogue engineers and then when the other found out they sent a ship to destroy us but they were sabotaged.

I'm sorry to say it but I agree. I've been disappointed with Lindelof's writing before, but there's always this sense that he deserves another chance - maybe just for once he'll pull it off. But no.
It's difficult to apportion blame now, because I don't think we know what Spaiht's script looked like. I'd want to compare drafts before saying any more.

But any thought that the next Star Trek will be decent just went out the window.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Kev Loaf on Jun 01, 2012, 03:50:19 PM
Spoiler

He touches David and then freaks out. No explanation is given why.
[close]

- maybe he considered David a "disgrace" since he was not true human. He felt the humans had no right to create such artificial beings. Your guess is good as mine. Lindlecock does not even know himself i bet.

Wait. Hold On the presses. This (Engineer's) god's first contact with the human race is his realization that humans are now gods in their own right... because we now have the power of creation (the david android)... In classic mythology prometheus was chained to a rock for daring to defy the gods... i guess the engineer saw the creation of david as a threat to his own godhood. David was our "sin", so to speak.  ???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed