User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AvPGalaxy Reviews Prometheus  (Read 28388 times)

First Blood
Jun 02, 2012, 03:01:35 AM
Reply #46 on: Jun 02, 2012, 03:01:35 AM
Q
Judging from your review Hicks, it sounds like this is suffering from "Lost syndrome" in which there's too many questions and not enough answers.

psychonaut25
Jun 02, 2012, 05:31:07 AM
Reply #47 on: Jun 02, 2012, 05:31:07 AM
Q
I'm probably going to like this movie al lot.
Mostly every movie that hadcore fanboys hate, I enjoy...mostly.
Guess that means the AVP films must have a proud position on your shelf.

Believe me or not but they have...AvP 1 is my favourite, after Alien and Aliens.

Corporal Hicks
Jun 02, 2012, 09:47:10 AM
Reply #48 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:47:10 AM
Q
So I got into job #2 yesterday (cinema job) and literally all the staff were talking about it. They were theorizing and asking me questions and they were excited about it. Ridley obviously did what he set out to do. And being round my friends, being asked those questions and them being excited about it...It's really got me pumped to see it again.

I didn't go to the midnight showing but I'm going again today and I'm excited for it again. I keep thinking of those questions, keep thinking of answers...keep wondering if there's anything I missed. It's all mystery and I'm excited about it.

How strange.

Valaquen
Jun 02, 2012, 09:51:18 AM
Reply #49 on: Jun 02, 2012, 09:51:18 AM
Q
I'm curious to see it again but only to drink it in, visually, as well as the sound. I know that the same editing problems will still be there when I go back. I need a new cut of the film, an empty dark room, and some time alone to view it.

Thomas
Jun 02, 2012, 10:05:32 AM
Reply #50 on: Jun 02, 2012, 10:05:32 AM
Q
I'm probably going to like this movie al lot.
Mostly every movie that hadcore fanboys hate, I enjoy...mostly.
Guess that means the AVP films must have a proud position on your shelf.

Yes he will....... and so will i....... not everyone is and mindless drone whos afraind to like what everyone else says you are supposed to hate.......

An absolute buy on DVD/BluRay for me at least........

Only very few things i didnt like about it........

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ohhh did i mention this was my very first 3D movie ever.......

Nice way to start.......

« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2012, 05:25:36 PM by Xenomorphine »

psychonaut25
Jun 02, 2012, 12:57:32 PM
Reply #51 on: Jun 02, 2012, 12:57:32 PM
Q
allready a Prometheus game at work ? :) :)

Gash
Jun 02, 2012, 01:34:59 PM
Reply #52 on: Jun 02, 2012, 01:34:59 PM
Q
A lot of people have complained about the editing in this movie and it makes me think of the 'landing sequence' that was released a few weeks ago. The editing in that 1 minute video was complete crap. So I'm wondering, is that actually how it was in the movie? Or was there a lot more than was in that short clip?

here's the clip for reference http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=43438.0

No it's not like that in the movie. I didn't have a problem with the editing. It has its flaws, but for me those were to do with a couple of set pieces that could have cranked up the suspense a lot more. That and the fact that the trailers were too revealing after all. Oh and Guy Pearce is a great actor but Ridley should have cast the role as he did with Richard Harris or Joe Turkel for more gravitas and less of a distraction.

Of other pace/edit issues...

« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2012, 01:41:22 PM by Gash »

Xenomorphine
Jun 02, 2012, 05:30:39 PM
Reply #53 on: Jun 02, 2012, 05:30:39 PM
Q
People really need to learn to use spoiler warnings around here...

I've edited some of the replies in this thread, accordingly. Please remember to use them. It's the nuclear warning-looking symbol in the reply panel.

As for the review, now that I've seen the film, I'd disagree with at least one point of it: It very much is an 'Alien' movie. Certainly far more so, in terms of atmosphere and style, than 'Alien Resurrection' was.

Pete Script
Jun 02, 2012, 06:27:25 PM
Reply #54 on: Jun 02, 2012, 06:27:25 PM
Q
I know I haven't posted much on this excellent forum but I have been enjoying it for a long while now. I think this site is perfect in terms of debate on something we are all clearly very passionate about and for that I would like to thank each and every one of you for keeping me so entertained.  :)

I got to see Prometheus at a midnight showing, after thinking about it for a couple of days I have decided as flawed as it was in places that...

I loved it

Nothing in this world is perfect and we all had expectations of what this film should be, but at the end of the day this film entertained the s**t out of me.

hfeldhaus
Jun 02, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
Reply #55 on: Jun 02, 2012, 06:31:23 PM
Q
So i guess the list now goes like this in terms of quality? 

1 - Aliens
2 - Alien
3 - Prometheus
4 - Ali3n
5 - Alien Resurrection 

;)  :D

Huh?!? You would put aliens over alien I terms of quality? And depending on your idea of quality Prometheus could well be top, of the series it's the most visually stunning

n00b133
Jun 02, 2012, 06:48:51 PM
Reply #56 on: Jun 02, 2012, 06:48:51 PM
Q
@Pete Script i couldnt have said it better myself!

jonnystash
Jun 02, 2012, 10:38:11 PM
Reply #58 on: Jun 02, 2012, 10:38:11 PM
Q
I enjoyed it, won tickets to the midnight screening locally :D, Awesome 3D, beutifully shot, Nice nods to the series with little scene variations, and nods to the orignal alien score but some things were left out, didnt ridley say in an interview there was a 2 hour 40 min version of the film? ... scenes missing/ things not explained

Still enjoyed it alot, the ending felt like force sequel bait, and people bitched bout gestation time in the avp films lol hide for cover.

XenoPuke
Jun 05, 2012, 01:40:22 AM
Reply #59 on: Jun 05, 2012, 01:40:22 AM
Q
I read your review, seems interesting. Although, the ProtoAlien doesn't really make alot of sense.

AvP has established that Xenomorphs have already existed for thousands of years, meaning that the creatures encountered in Prometheus could not have been ProtoAliens.

My only theory for these organisms is that, if they originated from this black goop, which obviously must contain genetic material, then perhaps, assuming that the Xenomorphs are a creation of the Space Jockey, these organisms came from leftover genetic material from true ProtoAliens made long ago.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed