Collector's Edition Revealed

Started by ikarop, May 31, 2012, 03:18:24 PM

Author
Collector's Edition Revealed (Read 89,668 times)

Marvelnerd1

Marvelnerd1

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2013, 04:50:46 AM
I just looked at the pre-order options at Gamestop and Steam and I have to say, it's bad enough we aren't receiving a copy of the Collector's Edition but for f**k's sake, the PC version at Gamestop has zero pre-order bonuses and the Steam digital copy has one gun available as a bonus.

What the f**k Sega? Why are you leaving the PC gamers in the dust here?

Umm... you do realize this is just a pre-order bonus, right? Not the actual $50 game you're paying for?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And? Why are the other versions of it receiving said bonuses but not the PC version? As I recall, we're also contributing to the revenue the game will generate so I think we're entitled to them just as well.

Marvelnerd1

Marvelnerd1

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2013, 04:57:43 AM
And? Why are the other versions of it receiving said bonuses but not the PC version? As I recall, we're also contributing to the revenue the game will generate so I think we're entitled to them just as well.

It is just some skins and a gun, you know. I mean, PC gets an exclusive gun, that's pretty cool. But still, it's a pre-order bonus. You should be worrying about the actual game it's self and hoping they didn't shaft the PC players in that. PC will be getting the other bonuses later on just as console gamers will be getting the other bonuses.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I just looked at the pre-order options at Gamestop and Steam and I have to say, it's bad enough we aren't receiving a copy of the Collector's Edition but for f**k's sake, the PC version at Gamestop has zero pre-order bonuses and the Steam digital copy has one gun available as a bonus.

Amen, men. I haven't seen a multi-platform release this uneven in quite awhile.

I'm still trying to figure out why the PC users don't get the special edition, either. I was ready, willing, and able to buy the SE copy. So they lost some money from me, and I know several others who were the same way.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Hrmmmmm, you sure? I was at a Gamestop store not too long ago and the associate told me that the PC version did have the same preorder bonuses. It's listed on their site as well.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/aliens-colonial-marines/103131#bonusFeatures

SM

SM

Bitch, please.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Marvelnerd1 on Feb 05, 2013, 04:59:56 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2013, 04:57:43 AM

It is just some skins and a gun, you know. I mean, PC gets an exclusive gun, that's pretty cool. But still, it's a pre-order bonus. You should be worrying about the actual game it's self and hoping they didn't shaft the PC players in that. PC will be getting the other bonuses later on just as console gamers will be getting the other bonuses.

Later on as in, we pay for what the console folks are getting for just a little extra right at day one. f**k that, why should we have to wait?

Quote from: RidgeTop on Feb 05, 2013, 05:05:01 AM

Hrmmmmm, you sure? I was at a Gamestop store not too long ago and the associate told me that the PC version did have the same preorder bonuses. It's listed on their site as well.

See for yourself.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 05, 2013, 05:01:53 AM

Amen, men. I haven't seen a multi-platform release this uneven in quite awhile.

I'm still trying to figure out why the PC users don't get the special edition, either. I was ready, willing, and able to buy the SE copy. So they lost some money from me, and I know several others who were the same way.

From Chris Faylor, who works at Gearbox Software in an email he sent to me:

QuoteHey Sammy,

Unfortunately, our publisher has no plans to release a Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines on PC in North America. The landscape of the retail market here is different from Europe, which is why they're focusing the PC Collector's Edition on European retailers.

Chris

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Well the pre-order bonuses for PC are listed on the American site, I guess Canada isn't getting them for whatever reason.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Marvelnerd1 on Feb 05, 2013, 04:59:56 AM
PC gets an exclusive gun, that's pretty cool.
I think its just an early unlock.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 05, 2013, 05:08:03 AM
From Chris Faylor, who works at Gearbox Software in an email he sent to me:

QuoteHey Sammy,

Unfortunately, our publisher has no plans to release a Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines on PC in North America. The landscape of the retail market here is different from Europe, which is why they're focusing the PC Collector's Edition on European retailers.

Chris

What the Hell does that even mean? The market is "different" ... You mean people with money willing to pay?  :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

North America is a more Console dominant place, and Europe is more of a PC dominant place. Now, I don't know why they couldn't just change shipping addresses, but, yeah, there that is.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

I for one can't wait to get my Power Loader.  :P

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 05, 2013, 01:07:26 PM

Now you just gotta be braggin.  :(

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: Prime113 on Feb 05, 2013, 01:09:50 PM
Quote from: coolbreeze on Feb 05, 2013, 01:07:26 PM

Now you just gotta be braggin.  :(

8)

ikarop

ikarop

NA didn't receive a PC CE for AvP either, it's just how it works there. And that's odd about EB not listing the pre-order bonuses for PC, it's a retailer exclusive so neither Steam or other retailers should have them in your country. Their website seems to list them for all platforms here tho so perhaps it's an issue with their site: http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/aliens-colonial-marines/

You need to contact the retailer not the developers about this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed